Anyone else not like this challenge?

Is there anyone else who subjectively just doesn't like this challenge? I'm not having fun with it, I don't know why. Regardless of whether it's a quality challenge, what do you guys think?
KaLiautumn_ashSpringChickenZenica

Comments

• GebobsGebobs Member Posts: 428
    None of them are a cure for boredom so any new wrinkle like the exploders is welcome.
    T_12
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,712
    I can see this challenge becoming tough at higher levels. I hate when walkers spawn all around you, so you can't just line them up and blast them.

I also haven't played the maps enough to know where I should place my survivors to block walker spawns. If anyone has any tips, that'd be much appreciated.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    8N8Jaden
  • 8N88N8 Member Posts: 164
    The fact that walkers randomly spawn on one stage after opening up a crate on one of them. The fact that they randomly spawn after initiating the the act of closing one of the gates on another. It's just not fun for me
    T_12
    edited March 2017
    On Lock In though, you can at least block the ones coming through the gate. Do the bottom gate first. Then position your two idle survivors in the spots where the two walkers come in. Press end turn and then start to close the gate with the third survivor.

In my experience, the exploder usually spawns toward the bottom or the left. If he spawns near the top gate, there's probably no avoiding damage to the survivor closing the gate, but at least there you have more room to maneuver the other two.
    JayZNecroboogieT_12
    For Old Bricks, the spawn with the exploder happens when you open the second crate. Thus, I always make the rightmost crate the second one I open and have all my survivors over that way. Also, make sure the timer doesn't expire as you open that second crate.
    JayZMarcus6253DotMatrixT_12
    I just found out in another thread that if you kill an exploder with melee survivor, they don't blow up.
    MortmerJayZMarcus6253T_12
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,442
    I got bruised @ rsl 14..... Eye rolling and many naughty words....... However, with the new challenge setup I totally redeemed myself. I also semi refuse to use my melee survivors so it's a matter of tip toeing around and trying to pick off the exploding walkers first. It's fun and an actually " challenging" challenge. Oh the fun of spawn guessing!
    1RisSCBMAmasmith93T_12
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    @Necroboogie
    Thanks for the tip! I didn't know you could close the gate like that!
    PigT_12
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    I thought I`ll hate this challenge...but so far I made my new record in Ka-Boom :smiley:
    T_12PigJaden
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Invader said:

I thought I`ll hate this challenge...but so far I made my new record in Ka-Boom :smiley:

Same here!
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    Invader

@Gebobs check out my Lock In vid, you can easily avoid damage if grenadier spawns on top

It spawned on the bottom in your video.

• stoneheartstoneheart Member Posts: 62
    I enjoyed it more than the heavies challenge. I bruised like a peach in that one.
    jimmorrison369
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    @gebobs i think you'd probably saw during the course of the challenge that if you close the gate by the entrance using blocking it didnt matter if the grenadier spawned on top (make sure characters have full ap before closing so they can move after spawn - and by blocking you can take as long as you need/want to setup) Judge blast radius and move chars accordingly... Remember a well placed/spawned grenadier is our friend :)
    gespuerGebobs
    edited March 2017
    Yep...I see what you mean. Learned it late. Saved me a few stars I'm sure.