Will we be able to trade gear with our Guild members in the near future?

bigmacbigmac Member Posts: 131
I see this topic all the time posted under suggestions and ideas. But nothing ever seems to come from it. So I'm putting it in question form is there an answer?
FenixoWalkerballzpradiLkenpoTheZorkkiT_12iamchrisramsaymattillmatticLismore

Answers

• bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,949
    There might be some trade system between players in unknowm period of future but gear exchange is very doubtful.
    Walkerballzwidowmakermattillmatticpradi
  • pradipradi Member Posts: 645
    Ya. That will be a nice thing for guilds who have mix of all level players. So higher level players can help their members to grow up quickly. Most of the players after lvl 58, food is not needed. In my guild there are many people who like to share their food with others. But there is no possible way to do it in the game. So I think Admin should look on this.
    Line id : 2011406 | email : [email protected]
    LkenpowidowmakerLismore
  • splaggsplagg Member Posts: 93
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/297/trading-post-market

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/1011/donating-old-weapons-equipment

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/2052/trade-within-guild

Given the number of times this has been suggested and how long those suggestions have been coming in, I'd make an educated guess that no, we'll never be able to trade gear or supplies to other players.

• zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,451
    This is my view of this suggestion. It's an interesting idea but very easy to abuse.

bigmac
  • splaggsplagg Member Posts: 93
    And @zbot is exactly correct - it would be very easy to abuse. A trading system has the potential to generate 3rd party real-money transactions which are generally bad for any game. If it were to be implemented, it would really need to come with so many restrictions and limitations that it wouldn't even be worth it.
    AudaciousCapybara69bigmacwidowmakerTheZorkkiT_12
  • bigmacbigmac Member Posts: 131
    I can see your point on the possible abuse but that doesn't make sense because that person would just spend their real money on said products because they're always for sale in the game. When I'm thinking of trade I'm thinking of something that's useless to me but more helpful to someone else in my guild perhaps a level or two below me. I could really care less about that piece of Epic gear but it might be something that he or she truly needs.
    widowmakerT_12
  • bigmacbigmac Member Posts: 131
    When it comes to Guild trading I see it as more of a here's something I don't want or need. Then that item is put on a community shelf for the guild to take if they wish and if they don't perhaps after 24 hours it's in the garbage can in lost forever. That's all you don't have to buy it you don't have to get experience for it you just trying to help out your guild members with equipment you don't need.
    LkenpowidowmakerT_12iamchrisramsay
  • LkenpoLkenpo Member Posts: 3
    What about adding an option of a guild armory? Players can donate to the armory and other guild members can borrow. The items would get "tagged" to the guild so if a player leaves the guild the player can't take the item with them and the item returns to the armory. Once an item is tagged it can't be sold and if the guild wants to get rid of the item it is simply deleted for no coin value. Would add the the apocalyptic feel of the game by making guilds more important and wanting players to band together.
    widowmakerZombieSmasherbigmac
  • bast3bast3 Member Posts: 20
    I just brought this up in my guild!! How funny!! It would definitely boost moral and make things more possible. It would be especially nice to trade weapons with those who can't afford to buy the packages for those interesting weapons.
    ZombieSmasherbigmac
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    It's a decent idea that has too many pitfalls for abuse.

WoW had a pretty well-developed guild trading system and a general marketplace for in-game items, but equipment was limited with the distinction of bind-on-pickup items and bind-on equip items, and even then there was a giant 3rd party ecosystem for selling gold for cash outside the game, plus gold-farming bots and account theft/hacking.

And then there's the spectacular failures (and successes) of the real money auction house in Diablo 3. I'm sure some economics majors have written theses on the adventures of that game economy.

It's never gonna happen in NML, and it's probably for the best.
    bigmac
  • iamchrisramsayiamchrisramsay Member Posts: 10
    This would be great addition to the game.
    Its better to Burnout than Fade away
    pradiLismore