Outposts - how hard do I try to defend anything?

I have recently set up an outpost. I did it to get to lvl 58 to spend wasted tomatoes. I stuck Negan, Rosita and Tara in there as I won't use them on scavenge/challenge. And I've half heartedly upgraded my walkers to live 8/9.

Question is; As I'm not bothered much about TG or influence in outpost - but I do feel obliged to at least try - is there a middle ground where I can raid a bit but not waste other players time by trying to kill them?

Or am I missing the point of outpost?

Comments

• splaggsplagg Member Posts: 93
    I'm throwing my relatively nub opinion on this just to see where the thread goes...

I think most people play for influence (eliminate defenders) to a certain point. Once they reach that point the general consensus here seems to be that they stop trying to kill defenders and just scout rush the TG then end the match.

If you were so inclined, I suppose that you could skip the influence gain part of the process and just rush for TGs but I would think that chances are your TG prizes will generally be smaller than what you could have gotten for increasing influence first.
  • feracolyteferacolyte Member Posts: 163
    i think the consensus is that we would like the trade goods with minimal injury. if i can get the tg and/or kill the defenders without incurring substantial hospital time i will. but if i see a defense like this, i will likely flee unless my hospital is empty or i'm out of gas for raiding anyways. these maps are the most favorable for defense as there's no way to flank and the angles are such that a rick/rosita/daryl almost guarantees injury of some sort
    UrWaLkNDeAd
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 449
    They look primed to get stunned by an assault though!
    bsgper4UrWaLkNDeAd
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    My walkers are at level 10 and 11, my defenders are level 11 and 12. They are set to stationary and standing in corners...my crate is placed right behind the gate.

On the other side I´m at player level 58 and all other survivors are level 20 with solid upgraded gear.

I`m at gold tier II in the middle range and I`m not after a pole position. I´m raiding just for the tg. Only if I meet some blocked tg, I´ll (try to) kill the defenders, but most time I`m able to reach the tg with a scout, grab them and leave.

But just by that way to play, I still raise in influence slow by slow ;)

Mondays and tuesdays are raiding days :smiley:

Hope that helps :)
  • danny7273ndanny7273n Member Posts: 20
    I've set my outpost as a grab and dash scenario. TG in front, defenders out of the way. I have Abraham as my leader, with Daryl and Rosita there for their retaliate feature. If you want the goods, take them, if you want to fight, go ahead. I usually lose, but I go down swinging. Knocking out at least 1 attacker. Investing trade goods for strong walkers is a complete waste of time...
    Invader
  • ricktadaricktada Member Posts: 111
    @feracolyte thanks; I found myself fleeing too. Not sure if I should just give the raid a go and see what happens.
    @invader that really helps. I will continue to defend (mildly) my outpost and hope to raid others with generous defence.

This game, and the people who play and the helpful community continues to astound me.

Thanks all
    Invader
    edited March 2017
    ricktada said:

This game, and the people who play and the helpful community continues to astound me.

I don´t know if it´s the majority of players, but many people do it that way, since NG changed the outpost rules to not loosing your own tg ;)

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/142213

ricktada
    Sorry...linked to the wrong thread :blush:
    It's a great thread; it's cathartic. I assumed I had to spend XP to full on armour up to defend outpost, yet I couldn't be bothered. so it's great to know there is an established and agreed strategy for allowing TG raids that doesn't include daft armour and weapons. I'm off to my outpost right now!
  • feracolyteferacolyte Member Posts: 163
    > @WahooDawg said:
    > They look primed to get stunned by an assault though!

in my experience these defenders usually have gold stun resistance and some combo of health bonus/iron skin/bulletproof. if the defending assault/bruiser is set to stationary blocking the entrance they get the added bonus of defensive stance and cover which reduces damage by a substantial amount. not impossible to break but not generally worth the 500 TG for a bunch of bruises/injuries
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Just upgrade your normal walkers. They serve to pressure raiders who have stuck around to shoot at you. Level up but don't sweat capturing more.
    Defend your people by moving them out of the way, and use a map set up where TG is easy for raiders to get. Some will kill your people anyway. Many use gear with stun resist and toons with retailiate, including the ranged heroes with retaliate, to discourage lazy killers. Real killers are going to kill, anyway, regardless of either. Odds are tilted a little towards attackers anyway.