Gamers: reward the 15-second advertisers and punish the 30-second ones

meathead013meathead013 Member Posts: 189
It's gotten to the point that it's obvious all advertisements that reward the gamer should be 15 seconds long max.

These reward videos are becoming ubiquitous across all games and thus these developers are actively competing for our attention and the rewards that we give them in the form of downloading and trying their games.

It is ridiculous to make us sit there through a full 30 seconds when these reward videos are becoming so common that in a single hours time it's not at all usual to be watching 10, 15 or more of these videos especially when you jump from game to game to collect rewards.

Advertisers, 15 seconds is more than enough to get your point across and promote your game, especially considering that we see these same ads over and over and over again. We get it, you want us to download your game and try it. That's perfectly fine but when we've seen your add 50 times that extra 30 seconds not only isn't going to do you any good it's only going to piss us off.

Stop completely wasting our time for no good reason.

So gamers, if you're going to reward any of these software Developers by downloading their games make sure it's one of the 15-second advertisers and avoid rewarding the 30 second ones. You can bet they keep track of this and before long the 30 second ads will be as common as posts in the Pong users forum.

And for the love of God, can somebody please send this message to Arnold and his game developers? Has there ever been anyone in the history of mankind that's actually played one of those horrible mini game ads? Do any of us even watch the screen when those pieces of garbage come on and bore us to death for 30 seconds? Now theyve even got 15 second ads that add a rotating icon on a black screen for the 15 extra seconds as if they're actually trying to piss us off! I've had it Arnold, you're fired.

Spread this word around all the games you play and it won't be more than a few weeks until these 30 second ads disappear entirely
jimmorrison369JackBauerSlayerTwdShut_UpJayZ

Comments

• HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    I bet there is some sort of mind controlling effect that happens if an ad is 30 seconds vs 15...

15 seconds... pfft no way am I downloading that game...
    30 seconds... must download game... must download game....

JadengespuerCaptainslayer
  • docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    when i was on vacation in the netherlands with my family, there was a commercial from (if i remember correctly) dominos pizza, which lasted maybe 90 seconds (or even more?), dutch players must be very very patient
    Jaden
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    Know what I hate? If they make that X in the corner so damn tiny but you have to exactly hit it or else it will take you to store.

Come on! Do you think that will make me install your app? Like "oh, I am in the store, I must have wanted to install that or else I wouldn't be here *clicks install*" - is that what you think will happen? We play a strategy game... we are smarter than that. Not that you'd need a PHD to remember that you actually wanted to get to the rewards screen and not into the store...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    gespuer