Which to promote????

Ken4343Ken4343 Member Posts: 21
edited March 2017 in Strategy Discussion
I now have at least 1300 hunter tokens, so technically I can promote 2 of them, but which ones should I take a chance on promoting/investing, or scrapping?

In addition, I'm not sure what to do with the 2 epic assaults I have atm. Is it worth it to take a chance/invest on one of them, or wait for a better one? (didn't get too lucky with Frederick unfortunately, but 4/5 traits is still good)

Comments

• FenixoFenixo Member Posts: 141
    I would definetely go for Jimmy, and maybe Jonathan :) and about assaults... Wait for a better one :)

antizops.wordpress.com
    - Connecting survivors worldwide! Join for TV shows, news and fun.
  • WhyDoYouDieWhyDoYouDie Member Posts: 160
    for hunter i would go for Roy or jonathan. Roy if u wanna use him for outpost jonathan for scavange.

as for assault i would take a risk on andrea since she already has 3/4 verry good traits however if you don't use her in outpost you might wait until u can change the bullet dodge to normal dodge or iron skin for scavange.
    Squall_NMLxyz
  • FenixoFenixo Member Posts: 141
    P. S. Andrea is the best for now I think :)

antizops.wordpress.com
    - Connecting survivors worldwide! Join for TV shows, news and fun.
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    Tough since this is a total gamble. I like my hunters to have marksman (a must) and sure shot. I might try Roy since I normally my keep hunters away from walkers and he has bullet dodge plus luck.

Not a fan of vigilant and sure shot for assaults is less important to me. My best one has it, though, and in some situations it is useful (when on maps where you keep your assault stationary and blasting away). So it would be Andrea for me if any. Might wait for someone better, though, and Frederick isn't so bad. 4 out of 5... could be worse. ;)
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • Ken4343Ken4343 Member Posts: 21
    @Jaden , I have a lot of chips to take my chances on for the hunters, so no worries! The vigilant on Frederick isn't so bad either, since I use the interrupt on his weapon often on outposts. So for now, Sally is probably my best option for scavenging/missions other than Daryl/Maggie?
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    Levelwise yes. And for scavenging traits don't matter as much as they do for challenges. For XP scavenging Maggie is best, of course. But Sally will do for scavenging.

Then I would first try to promote whomever you choose to promote and if you get traits you like, level them up. At least that would be what I would do (not sure if leveling up is more expensive after promoting or not but it will be less costly than upgrading someone, promoting them and then getting a fifth trait you don't like).

Hope you'll get good traits!
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Squall_NML
  • AnielAniel Member Posts: 96
    Jonathan, hope for dodge, perfect traits for scavenging.
  • Ken4343Ken4343 Member Posts: 21
    edited March 2017
    Update: I became really compulsive with the upgrades. I scrapped Dana, and promoted both Jimmy and Jonathan, only to get defensive stance and vigilant respectively. I scrapped both of them, and I am left with Roy w/ dodge unlocked (keeping Sally of course). Went down from 1300+ tokens to around 150. I at least have a hunter w/ ideal traits now, but I'm wondering if the compulsive token spending was worth it (and I haven't been having much luck with it also. My outpost bruiser got a vigilant as the final trait. Sucks since I raised her up since I saved her from mission 14)
    MatiasArgenDead