Update 2.5 - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    No, Shooters is what we mean. It's in the Survivor Class Balance section. :)
    General_Painblynknz
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    > @Helio said:
    > @Verbaub
    > It was a joke.. the max level right now is 58... so he said you needed to be 59 to upgrade...

I took it to mean that other buildings will be available first, and the actual council will 59.

They didn't day which buildings we will be able to upgrade. Could be car, hospital, radio etc
  • Tapatio75Tapatio75 Member Posts: 636
    Teeceezy said:

szgerg77 said:

Not sure if I'm right but:

"Scout, Warrior, and Bruiser survivors are more durable, and capable of surviving encounters with high-level enemies."
    Hurray! So we can use melee in RSL +4 missions and above!

"These classes will also have their attack damage reduced by a smaller amount when they perform a Body Shot."
    Mmmmm.... No, not really indeed.

Excuse me, it's been a long day and I'm not at my sharpest but how do these contradict each other?
    @Teeceezy Maybe we both missunderstood, but I read as "melee classes will make EVEN LESS damage now for body shots than before"
  • DotMatrixDotMatrix Member Posts: 88
    I'm really surprised that there aren't more comments about the council upgrade possibility. There were TONS of questions about when this was going to happen but no one is SUPER excited about it?? I mean for me it doesn't matter because I'm only mid level.. just was surprised.
    TransmuteJunPig
    > @Teeceezy Maybe we both missunderstood, but I read as "melee classes will make EVEN LESS damage now for body shots than before"

No, he means they have less reduction.
    So ranged is reduced by 50%, melee might only be reduced by 25%
    antTapatio75
  • HeadshotHeadshot Member Posts: 2
    Honestly, how hard would it be to allow us to upgrade the base level on our gear? I was going to buy the pitchfork and morgans staff today until I saw this update notice. No more $$ from me now.
    BuckzzAfewlive
    Teeceezy said:

No, Shooters is what we mean. It's in the Survivor Class Balance section. :)

My mistake. I was thinking that section was just covering off melee.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,853
    edited March 2017

3) Bruiser armor has had a slight reduction in armor value, and Bruiser survivors have had their HP increased. This sounds like NG is giving with one hand and taking away with the other.

This probably has something to do with the way armor damage increases vs survivor health increase.
    Armor increases about 19% per level, while health increases 12% per level.
    I guess both where growing to far apart at the high levels.
    Seems like a balancing thing.

Edit- Bruisers have the highest armor in the game, so 19% was getting out of hand for them specifically.
    Afewlive
  • BerndErwinBerndErwin Member Posts: 69
    @Teeceezy

I was hoping on a removal of the weapon Level cap, any thoughts of this Happening im the Future?
    JackBauerAfewlive
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,853
    Teeceezy said:

gespuer said:

Which player level is needed to upgrade council to level 20?

Edit: I'm not kidding. :) @JackBauer
    imo.
    This can only mean that some of the buildings that are "at max level",
    can be upgraded with the lvl 19 council after the update.

So prepare to upgrade some other buildings before you can upgrade the council.
    blynknzRedEye52
  • mostlyharmlessmostlyharmless Member Posts: 153
    I am getting dizzy. To bring everything back to the current state, I need about 524,000,000 XP. The only thing that is currently being raised is my pulse - not my playing pleasure. But wait for it, maybe everything will be much better
    JackBauerTeagan3Invader
  • PapuanesiaPapuanesia Member Posts: 1
    Thank's for announcement. Can't wait to update sooner!
  • StarkhornStarkhorn Member Posts: 68
    @Teeceezy - so just to be clear that I understand correctly. There is no way to increase current equipment to the new level21? - Even for items purchased with real $$$?

I personally haven't reach level 20 yet (I just got my council to lvl 19), so I was waiting to reach max item level before purchasing items from the gold store. However now I don't think I will purchase anything. My concern is what is stopping the council level being increased again in update 2.6, etc.
  • VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650
    blynknz said:

> @Helio said:

> @Verbaub

> It was a joke.. the max level right now is 58... so he said you needed to be 59 to upgrade...

I took it to mean that other buildings will be available first, and the actual council will 59.

They didn't day which buildings we will be able to upgrade. Could be car, hospital, radio etc

That would not be good though, because we would get the Rufus weapon before we could upgrade the training ground, so it would be level 20 and obsolete out of the gate. Kind of concerned that @Teeceezy didn't directly answer me ....
    ggbatsPigDonCoquiRedEye52
  • DeanTWDDeanTWD Member Posts: 187
    Sounds good to me. I can see why people would be annoyed at raising the level to 21 as well but I guess it brings those with maxed supplies something to do...

So many comments I don't have time to read them all... is anything being done about the hero token issue atm? (Too damn many!).
  • VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650
    DeanTWD said:

Sounds good to me. I can see why people would be annoyed at raising the level to 21 as well but I guess it brings those with maxed supplies something to do...

So many comments I don't have time to read them all... is anything being done about the hero token issue atm? (Too damn many!).

In a word -> NO
    DeanTWD
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 989
    "Several new weapons have been created for all classes and will become available in the game soon."

@Teeceezy Are you talking about new looks/names, or actual new functionality like the Spear, Reckoning, Staff etc? Or was that just saying "Level 21 gear"?

Also: can you let us know what buildings will be upgrade-able? Obviously Training Ground and Workshop. Walker Pit also says Level 21. All else says "maxed". So is that changing??
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 989
    As I mentioned elsewhere, many of my heroes and B- or C-team survivors use level 22 Epic or Legendary gear, which were "hand-me-downs" from my A-team when the last Council upgrade happened. And they do JUST fine, mostly because I rarely use them for super-high-level-missions. Level 23 gear with great traits is not "useless", it's just slightly less damage/defense. The traits still apply, and they'll still do JUST fine up to RSL25 and higher. Level 21-24 stuff will simply let you get to higher RSLs, and therefore higher star count. What's the BFD? I'm with you, @blynknz
    GindyPigRedEye52
  • DeanTWDDeanTWD Member Posts: 187
    Thanks @Verbaub that saved me 10 mins :D
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    I still have quite a few pieces of level 20 legendary gear I had planned to upgrade. This announcement saves me that effort. Thanks?
    JackBauer
  • DisaliveDisalive Member Posts: 58
    Does anyone else read an overall boost to melee and shooters together with walkers actually as a nerf to hunters and assaults?.. (might be a little too early to judge, but still...)

I'm also not excited at all about new gear search&upgrade cycle. We are like half a year into lvl 20s and I still haven't collected even half of proper items I'd like to have. I gave up on outposts like 2 months ago after getting no single useable item from over 300k TGs wasted (specifically on hunter and assault rifles, 12,5k TG option).

I think I'll wait for a while between promoting my survivors to 21 and see if I can be arsed to keep it spinning for yet another cycle or farewell is a better solution this time.
    General_QuatreAfewlive