Update 2.5 - Official Discussion Thread

13031323436

Comments

  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    @JayZ I've done similar math, but it's more like 1.5M a day for me, since my videos rarely work and I rarely get silver or gold opens from post-mission crates. Plus with all the other junk mixed in, I was averaging about 15,000 supplies (plus the about 25,000 since I'm RSL 24 and farmed walkers to increase Glenn's contribution to about 5-7K or more per mission in supplies). Therefore, my average haul was closer to 40K, with occasional boosts from gold crates, bringing me to about .8-1M, plus the 576K from farms would bring me right about to 1.5M a day.

    I went insane this weekend/Monday and managed to get 4-8M each day (I played almost every minute of the day for the whole time, it was kinda sad) and now have Council, Training Grounds, and Workshop all done, along with 3M left in the bank. I'm going to just let the supplies accrue naturally since I'm now at Level 60 with only Tents to upgrade (and I don't care about them, nor do I need them to raise my Player Level). This will take about 54 days to do both tents and max out. So hopefully there's no new upgrades before then. But I need to focus heavily on XP Scavenge now, so Supplies can do their own thing.

    Point is, if it weren't for the minute-gas this weekend (I'm F2P so no Unlimited Gas for me), it would have been a few weeks before I was ready to upgrade these buildings, which I find absurd.
    JayZSCBMAstick_ninjasoggybottoms
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    I still don´t get it, why you folks still hurry through all the building uprades. Will you be the first people who ask for council level 22 in a few weeks?
    romeoggbats
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    @Invader It's about gear upgrading for me. I have 10 survivors who I plan to equip with Level 21-24 Legendary Gear (once I get some, that is!) That's two pieces of gear with 3 upgrades each, and each upgrade takes a full day (unless I wake up in the middle of the night or use gold to speed it up, which I can't because I don't have the XP to do so). Therefore, each survivor takes about a week, between training and equipping. For 10 survivors, that's nearly TWO MONTHS. And most people have WAY more survivors that they give full gear to than I do. (I have 19, but I will just give my C-Team "hand-me-downs" Level 23 gear).

    So point is, I want to get that 2-month process started ASAP, not wait 2-3 weeks while I gain supplies to upgrade my TG/Workshop.
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Personally, I'm in no hurry to upgrade. I'm on my last tomato plot and council etc will follow in due course.
    I reached​ just-about-max this way before the 2.5 update shambles and I'm sure I'll reach it again (in due course).
    My disappointment in the lack of imagination of this update will be reflected in my F2P amble upwards and onwards.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    Invader
  • castrocastro Member Posts: 15
    @Teeceezy am I going crazy or are the Supplies Storage implying we are going to Council Level 23 eventually?
  • srmcn1031srmcn1031 Member Posts: 565
    I thought in 2.5 there was going to be a solution for maxed supplies, but I have not read that anywhere or have seen anything for what was said before. I am nowhere near finish on upgrading but in time I will have everything up to the maxed level and then nothing to spend tomatoes on. Can anyone tell me different please?
  • CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 583
    Invader said:

    I still don´t get it, why you folks still hurry through all the building uprades. Will you be the first people who ask for council level 22 in a few weeks?

    No, but for a supplies-solution.

    Invader
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 2,131
    > @srmcn1031 said:
    > I thought in 2.5 there was going to be a solution for maxed supplies, but I have not read that anywhere or have seen anything for what was said before. I am nowhere near finish on upgrading but in time I will have everything up to the maxed level and then nothing to spend tomatoes on. Can anyone tell me different please?

    NG @Teeceezy and @Shteevie have made it clear by their silence on the matter that they will not comment on or rectify the maxed tomato issue. They have a solution by allowing us to use them in the TG shop but they apparently would rather piss people off and ignore the topic. Then they open the supply trade right before the update as a slap in the face. We asked for months and they waited until the update when we would have an opportunity to use tomatos for building upgrades. Disgraceful to say the least.
    Big_B
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 293
    I am so tired of seeing the pissing and moaning about maxed supplies. I was there myself prior to 2.5, and will get there again, but am ok with it.

    It was mentioned by @Shteevie that the supplies for TG/Gear in the shop was a temporary fix and not intended to be permanent as it affects the game economy balance. At present we have 3 forms of "currency" used for specific functions:

    - XP for training survivors & upgrading gear
    - Supplies for building upgrades
    - TG for shop purchases (gear/tokens/radios/gas), and outpost walker capture / upgrade

    Gold is the only universal currency, which can be used to purchase each of the above to be used for their intended purpose. To allow for another "universal" currency would affect the game economy - max level players would gain an even greater advantage if they were able to trade supplies for whatever

    I believe there are likely plans in the works to alleviate the maxed with nothing to do issue, but I am 99.999% sure it will not be the ability to use them in place of another type of currency. Not gonna happen, please stop complaining and spamming every thread about your desire to exchange supplies for TG
    JayZvshield50
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 2,131
    > @jbuoy said:
    > I am so tired of seeing the pissing and moaning about maxed supplies. I was there myself prior to 2.5, and will get there again, but am ok with it.
    >
    > It was mentioned by @Shteevie that the supplies for TG/Gear in the shop was a temporary fix and not intended to be permanent as it affects the game economy balance. At present we have 3 forms of "currency" used for specific functions:
    >
    > - XP for training survivors & upgrading gear
    > - Supplies for building upgrades
    > - TG for shop purchases (gear/tokens/radios/gas), and outpost walker capture / upgrade
    >
    > Gold is the only universal currency, which can be used to purchase each of the above to be used for their intended purpose. To allow for another "universal" currency would affect the game economy - max level players would gain an even greater advantage if they were able to trade supplies for whatever
    >
    > I believe there are likely plans in the works to alleviate the maxed with nothing to do issue, but I am 99.999% sure it will not be the ability to use them in place of another type of currency. Not gonna happen, please stop complaining and spamming every thread about your desire to exchange supplies for TG

    Was it something we said? Lol
    srmcn1031axl144javajnkie
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 293
    @vshield50 - Not so much we, but prior to 2.5 it seemed impossible to read any thread without a maxed tomatoes complaint from you specifically. It seemed to be spammed to just about every thread I looked at. And now, not even 2 weeks into 2.5, with plenty of things to do with them supplies, and it has already started with the maxed supplies complaints. Personally, I'm just tired of hearing the complaint. But I guess it is what it is.

    Please don't take this as a personal attack, I have no issue with you. Just the constant spamming of the same thing in multiple (unrelated) discussions
    JayZvshield50
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    What would be so bad about allowing maxed players to take advantage of that status? There will always be someone with more until you get to that top #1 player and then it's only a credit card purchase to knock them out of #1. So what then? The only universal currency is currency. Period.

    I found the supplies for (?) To be beneficial, and even right before the update, as I didn't go bananas (tomatoes?) with it when I knew an impending update was coming. There was plenty of warning here. Of course, I pity anyone that depends on in game info, but *that's* something that is not going to change. Other times I spent what I could guess as wisely and it was good.
    The idea that it's ok or not ok to reward people for excellence/persistence/monetary expenditure is what it is. Applying fake rules and justifications is just that, this is a made-up universe where anything is possible.
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 293
    I agree that there needs to be a solution. Supplies for TG was great and I availed myself of the feature on several occasions. My primary reason for speaking out at this time has more to do with the on-going multi-thread complaints about it. NG knows there is an issue. We all know there is an issue. Let it rest for a few
    vshield50
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Lol, shall we review the frog and scorpion story?
    vshield50
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 2,131
    edited March 2017
    When you say "not so much we but you" (or words to that effect) it is difficult not to take it as a personal attack. That being said, I will take you at your word (btw I pressed like on your comment).

    That being said, there would be no need for this discussion if they were transparent on what they were going to do to rectify it. Hell, even if they just came out and said "we are not going to change/fix it" then at least the issue would die.

    Sorry if you are so tired of the topic that you felt compelled to voice your frustrations above. If you see more of these topics, I would recommend skipping them so that you are not too bothered. I have a feeling it will come up again as you see that I didn't start the discussion on it. I replied to someone who did.

    Respectfully,

    Vshield50
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 2,131
    > @GrimGael said:
    > Lol, shall we review the frog and scorpion story?

    > @GrimGael said:
    > Lol, shall we review the frog and scorpion story?

    Would be funny if someone reading this posted the question again... lol
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    oh great, now i have to google frog and scorpion story...AND was not disappointed...lol

    vshield50GrimGael
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    jbuoy said:

    @vshield50 - Not so much we, but prior to 2.5 it seemed impossible to read any thread without a maxed tomatoes complaint from you specifically. It seemed to be spammed to just about every thread I looked at. And now, not even 2 weeks into 2.5, with plenty of things to do with them supplies, and it has already started with the maxed supplies complaints. Personally, I'm just tired of hearing the complaint. But I guess it is what it is.

    Please don't take this as a personal attack, I have no issue with you. Just the constant spamming of the same thing in multiple (unrelated) discussions

    Maybe if there are so many complaints about it, then there is an issue that needs to be fixed.
    vshield50
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 293
    My apologies to you @vshield50 - no intent to disparage your good name, you just happen to be one of the more vocal posters on this issue and a target of convenience at the time.

    And I wholeheartedly agree it is an issue and deserves mention. My complaint (a bit hypocritically, I might add) is the pervasive nature of the complaints across multiple topics / threads.

    @Shteevie @Teeceezy would it be possible to get any nugget about the situation? It is not a problem at the moment, but will soon rear it's ugly head again. It would be greatly appreciated if you could let us know that something is being looked at
    vshield50
  • srmcn1031srmcn1031 Member Posts: 565
    So if someone read my thread as a complaint then so be it. I am going off of what was told to us, that they have a solution for maxed supplies. I just want to know where is the solution at? If I am not mistaken it was supposed to be in 2.5 but I don't see anything that fixes the issue. Does anyone actually know what the solution is, that was supposed to be in this update?

    And if your tired of reading about complaints then you mind as well stop reading this post about 2.5
    vshield50
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 293
    It seems the point I was trying to make failed. I will drop it. Have a nice day!
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Nah I saw it jbouy. Complaining about Complaining is another well-worn tradition here, you're good.
    Let's see if my corporatese language skills are up to the task to formulate a reply for everyone:
    Thank you for your feedback, it is very important to us. We have heard you loud and clear. While I can't go into specifics, we are gathering data on the issue and making plans to resolve this issue once and for all. Not this next update, but we are crunching the numbers and should have a solution applicable to all players regardless of level soon after. Until then, happy hunting!
    vshield50
  • castrocastro Member Posts: 15
    I never got why max tomatoes is a problem for people. You use them to max your buldings. Once they are maxed, you don't need them anymore. Congrats!

    But @Teeceezy what is with the supplies needing level 23 council for upgrade. Are we going there??
    General_Quatre
  • srmcn1031srmcn1031 Member Posts: 565
    @Teeceezy thank you for answering the question.
    Also there seems to be a bug with swift strike not working properly. Not sure if anyone reported it yet. But when you get a kill and it shows you still have a move left it goes straight to the walkers turn. It only happens when you use the scout as the last survivor to move. And it still shows that I have a move left, showing that my scout has half a circle around him.
    romeovshield50
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    That is your retailate showing early, not a bug with swift strike
    vshield50crambert_nec
  • PsychmanPsychman Member Posts: 28
    What is the benefit of upgrading the Workshop when your gear is already maxed out? Or have I just answered my own question?
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,065
    If you can upgrade your workshop you can be sure there is gear of a higher base level that you can only upgrade once you have upgraded the shop @Psychman
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

    Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    David_H79
Sign In or Register to comment.