Update 2.5 - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• sborgsborg Member Posts: 550
    Not much point in buying the new armour bundle now.
    paintbeastTeagan3VerbaubAfewlive
  • sborgsborg Member Posts: 550
    @Teeceezy - can you elaborate on this bullet: Bruiser armor has had a slight reduction in armor value, and Bruiser survivors have had their HP increased. Thanks.
    Afewlive
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,035

Right, but they're supposedly adjusting the rewards structure accordingly. So you'll still hopefully get the same rewards for the same work, maybe even for less gas. Stars are just a subjective number that means nothing since it's all by comparison to each other and a way to get rewards. Everyone is having the same change, so proportionally speaking, there shouldn't be a big difference in player rankings

Yep..... hopefully the rewards will be adjusted proportionately. But that doesn't always work out. *crosses fingers*

Afewlive
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    @TransmuteJun, I disagree that its a Nerf. Stars are all relative. Previously you got 350, now you get 700. They could change it and let you get 20,000 stars. But everyone else is in the same boat.

So we will all be dropping stars.

I do agree that it may mean we get less rewards, but the less rewards will be because of less playing (which I am a fan of).
    Based on your example (and if it is true), we will get to play 36 less missions.
    KaLiNataNxyjps
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    edited March 2017
    why oh why didn't you post this under the correct thread?

Mod note: merged with the official discussion thread.

My edit: lol.. where is the post that i was responding to? I don't see in this thread.. but next time feel free to delete my post... looking back i probably shouldn't have said anything...

Mod note: this was what you were responding to.

• CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,399
    Not a fan of challenge change, I like competing with myself and trying to beat my pb now, it's set at 1125 (or less I get to at least rsl 29 which I'm no where near good enough to do) I'll never be able to beat it taking alot of the fun away from the challenge for me which is the only thing i play these days other than s7 missions, not to mention we'll never beat our guild pb.
    I thought there would be no way ng could take away the fun and competitiveness of the challenge for me I was wrong apparently, I'm willing to give it a go and reserve judgement but at this point I'm thinking this is finally the end for me
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    Afewlive
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,493
    @JayZ it could be because level 21 weapons don't exist in the game until after the update...
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,493
    @jayz max level 20 survivors were already in the game before the council updates, players used to find max level 20 survivors back from Nov/Dec 2015, if I recall. There's a screenshot in the forum somewhere, so it was already possible vs. level 21 which doesn't exist yet.

Max level 20 survivors = base level 20 gear. It's kind of hard to find level 21 when it doesn't exist in the game.
    Afewlive
  • Tapatio75Tapatio75 Member Posts: 636
    edited March 2017
    Is Dixieland BBQ going to be legendary? Or rare and then they will try to sell us the LEG
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,239
    edited March 2017
    @zbot see here (especially the post from @OldGoth): http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/12325/level-20-gear-gone-from-the-game/p1

For a while, you could get level 20 gear before level 20 survivors were available.

It was removed for a bit, and then made available AGAIN before council level 19: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/15756/level-20-gear

If I'm misreading or misinterpreting, let me know. I'm on my phone so it's a bit hard to search through old threads.

Edit: from what I can see, those discussions and screenshots of level 20 gear were from june/sept 2016. Council level 19 didn't appear till oct 2016 in update 2.2: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/16818/2-2-update-notes#latest
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    SCBMAGindyKaLiAfewlive
  • jeffstasykjeffstasyk Member Posts: 162
    > @Captainslayer said:
    > Not a fan of challenge change, I like competing with myself and trying to beat my pb now, it's set at 1125 (or less I get to at least rsl 29 which I'm no where near good enough to do) I'll never be able to beat it taking alot of the fun away from the challenge for me which is the only thing i play these days other than s7 missions, not to mention we'll never beat our guild pb.
    > I thought there would be no way ng could take away the fun and competitiveness of the challenge for me I was wrong apparently, I'm willing to give it a go and reserve judgement but at this point I'm thinking this is finally the end for me

But ifor the whole system is re-scaled...then whatever ur new high is...is still ur best...just like 400 or whatever was ur best on old system...then 1125 was ur best...and now 900 or whatever it ends up being...it is just re-done so ur personal best just scales back...
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Im sure Teeceezy will let me know I am wrong, but I highly doubt that the release of level 21 equipment requires an update.
    Yes it probably needs an update for the buildings etc, but not for just releasing it into the game.

And if it does, I really think NG need to go back and redesign the base of this game so it doesn't need to roll out updates for all these small things.

Actually, maybe that is why the game is 200mb+ to download. Everything is on the client.
    Afewlive
  • Cherokee_RoseCherokee_Rose Moderator Posts: 794
    JayZ said:

@zbot see here (especially the post from @OldGoth): http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/12325/level-20-gear-gone-from-the-game/p1

For a while, you could get level 20 gear before level 20 survivors were available.

It was removed for a bit, and then made available AGAIN before council level 19: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/15756/level-20-gear

If I'm misreading or misinterpreting, let me know. I'm on my phone so it's a bit hard to search through old threads.

Edit: from what I can see, those discussions and screenshots of level 20 gear were from june/sept 2016. Council level 19 didn't appear till oct 2016 in update 2.2: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/16818/2-2-update-notes#latest

This is just my thinking on the subject. I could be wrong but I think the game was originally designed up to level 20, which is why level 20 gear was able to be obtained because the the code was already in the game. They were able to remove it and then add it back. I think what @zbot is saying is that maybe the code for lvl 21 equipment does not yet exist in the game until the update because it had not been developed until recently.
    Ifyourforgive
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,060
    Challenges
    New Challenge Map Sets -

Would be great additions, but please let us play the completed story missions

Balancing • The Starting Difficulty for players in mid-to-high levels has been increased slightly. Players will be able to get into the meaty difficulty levels with one fewer "warm-up" round.

• The number of rounds in high-difficulty stages of the Challenges have been reduced. Players will be able to face extreme difficulties earlier in the Challenge period.

The current challenge system was great. Should have been left untouched

• Personal and Guild Rewards have been adjusted to allow players to shoot for even higher star totals.

Great

New Heroes and Weapons • Two new Heroes are ready to join your camp! Look for their release in the next few weeks, and be ready to make some Radio Calls when you see them appear!

I am fed up with the heroes. Separate radio calls for heroes please

• The Dixieland BBQ from the recent Talking Dead poll will be released shortly!

• Several new weapons have been created for all classes and will become available in the game soon.

Great

Council Level • Council Level 20 is here! Collect enough Supplies to upgrade your Council and several other buildings around your camp.

• After the appropriate buildings are upgraded, survivors will be able to train up to Level 21.

• Level 21 Equipment will now be found in the most difficult missions of the game, and can be upgraded to Level 24.

• Level 21 Equipment will also be found in Gear Crates, the Gold Shop, and other places in the game weapons and armor were previously found.

Great

Enemy Levels • The maximum difficulty of enemies in the game, and therefore the maximum level of Challenge and Scavenge foes has increased beyond the old maximum of level 30. Can you reach the new highest level of difficulty?

Cant go past 23, so doesn't matter

• Walkers of all levels have been slightly strengthened. The changes will be more noticeable at higher levels of difficulty.

Damn, they are already strong

• Human enemies have had their health values reduced.

Lets hope by a bigger margin
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, tWo MiLlIoN star guild
    TransmuteJunDodkongAfewlivesoggybottoms