Update 2.5 - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 961
    I'm cool with the new level cap, I just wish some of the items in the shop were cheaper so I could buy more in bulk! An armor and weapon pack with a sweet roll for $9.99 would be awesome! Even if they become obsolete a year from now that's not a bad price to outfit your crew. Also with TG shop items as well that's not bad at all, some bundles for 1 digital weapon or armor are $20+ lol. El cheapo this mess! It would still probably spike sales easily for lvl 20 and up.
    zeeblack
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,399
    @David_H79 I interpreted the notes the same as transmute but I hope your interpretation is correct
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 449
    I didn't see this in the notes, but can I assume you'll be turning the tomatoes back on for level 58 players (e.g., from wall walkers, RSL 20+ post-mission crates, etc.)?
    1RisTeeceezy
  • SoyevSoyev Member Posts: 130
    What is the player level to unlock the new council going to be?

If it's 58, that will leave a loooong gap for people who aren't there yet. The previous council upgrade is at level 48 (according to wiki). Players at that level would probably have months of grinding supplies to upgrade useless things like walker pit and unnecessarily maxing all four storages before they get enough BP to upgrade council. Months without being able to improve their gear and no reason to buy any knowing that better gear is just out of reach

I know the level 58 people have been there for months waiting to improve, but at least they were at the top of the game and could relax and play as they liked, They probably stopped grinding for supplies long ago and just maxed out buildings as farm production allowed. It would be much worse to grind for months for useless upgrades trying to get what other players already have
    xbamfxCaptainslayerstick_ninjaRedEye52
    @Soyev it's player lvl 59 to upgrade council

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    yoyosRedEye52
    I couldn't tell if he was kidding or not, even tho he said he wasn't. There was some back and forth but no actual response from @Teeceezy
    gespuerCarl_s_HatAfewlive
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    edited March 2017
    @Captainslayer my interpretation is because they say in the notes "The number of rounds in high-difficulty stages".

I wouldn't say RSL 19 is a high-difficulty stage.
    Edit: When all your guys are Level 20

But who knows, we will see.
    :)
    Afewlive
  • Debbo34Debbo34 Member Posts: 37
    Overall I am happy that they are upgrading the game but the part about making walkers tougher seems to counter the entire purpose of leveling up your players and the game adjusting the damage delivered by certain classes. They are making it so you can fight above 30th level walkers but if they are tougher how many players are actually going to even make it to 30th level walkers. As of now I only can get to 25th or 26th level. I was hoping to go further with the new higher level players but that seems like it will be a wash (not only because the more powerful walkers) with also adding in a possible increase in hospital time. Also, I like many other players wish they would let you redo the chapter missions. I still have the last 2 missions left in chapter 14 with the decrease in health of the freemen I am hoping I can finally progress but I am wondering if I become 21st level will it make the walkers and freemen also increase in level. A while back I had noticed that the scavenger boards had an increase in walker starting levels when I got a pink (?) star with one of my players but the rewards remained the same. I do have to add how grateful I am that they told us about the upgrade before I bought the pitchfork.
    antAfewliveInvaderlutherjk
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    @Debbo34 I *believe* that Chapter missions are set in stone, not dependent on player level. Although it's been so long I honestly can't remember. Anyone know for sure? I know that Challenges and Scavenge change with your survivor level (and only Scavenge goes up when you gain Pink Stars, Challenges start at highest RSL 14 no matter what...well, 15 with the next update apparently)
    RedEye52
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,354
    Challenge missions are for sure set in stone
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    stick_ninjaRedEye52
  • afroponixafroponix Member Posts: 503
    Please read my idea posts: Mods/players plz read: paid for token system to upgrade rare paid 4 weapons from lvl 23 to 24.

And

New walkers for our pit & outpost defense

I believe they are great ideas.

I'd also like to suggest a wall breach mini game that happens during herd events that must be taken care of before playing any different part of the game.
    Guts & Glory, not always in that order.
    prescopjRedEye52
  • bigsmokybigsmoky Member Posts: 2
    Another update......
    Hey as long as they give us some free stuff like All food full and xp I'll be happy

The update are alot. :(
    Captainslayer
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    edited March 2017
    Soyev said:

Players at that level would probably have months of grinding supplies to upgrade useless things like walker pit and unnecessarily maxing all four storages before they get enough BP to upgrade council.

I don´t get it...that´s the way of the game, isn´t it?

And be sure...it won`t take long until the first few people coming around the corner and ask for the next council update :smiley:

RickGramesantRedEye52
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732

@Debbo34 I *believe* that Chapter missions are set in stone, not dependent on player level. Although it's been so long I honestly can't remember. Anyone know for sure? I know that Challenges and Scavenge change with your survivor level (and only Scavenge goes up when you gain Pink Stars, Challenges start at highest RSL 14 no matter what...well, 15 with the next update apparently)

You are correct. Chapter mission RSL does not change in relation to your survivor level.
    > @Invader said:
    > I don´t get it...that´s the way of the game, isn´t it?

Yes, it's a slow grinding game when the council upgrades are two or three levels apart. If this one is ten or eleven levels beyond the last...

>
    > And be sure...it won`t take long until the first few people coming around the corner and ask for the next council update :smiley:

Sure, the top players. I was thinking of the second tier players who've only been playing for a year and this would be a 6 month long glass ceiling keeping them from getting into the top tier and having no reason to buy gear

I actually was just hoping a direct question would get an answer from @Teeceezy but that often doesn't happen
  • prescopjprescopj Member Posts: 17
    A couple of gameplay suggestions I found interesting:
    1/ The herd, wall breach. Opportunity to use survivors to do something without using gas, such as repairing fences, building walls, fending off walkers who got through the fence etc.
    2/ Hero tokens. Give generic hero tokens which can be assigned to whichever character the player chooses. This I think has to be done, it's getting silly the number of heroes we have to try and upgrade with the limited number of tokens available.

stick_ninjaPutchucoMacVRedEye52
    @prescopj the 2 things ppl are complaining about are the new council upgrade and the change to the challenge to cater to people that dont have the time to compete with the people that do.
    Both of those 2 thing won't change if we complain now or after it goes live, other than the fact they're not going to decide you know what guys your right we are going to remove council lvl 20 and everything that comes with it.
    Also I'm guessing you're not on the forum much or you would know 2 things the show character tokens are fine the way they are (according to ng) and their is no need to change current setup (despite basically everyone telling them differently for 6 months) and you would also know their company motto
    Never back always forward (once we change shit you're stuck with it because we ain't changing it back)

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    Jadenwrinkled_bagDeadBeatRedEye52
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,030
    I've yet to see NG really listening to the player base - except for maybe to some if they complain enough about non-issues...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    RedEye52
    @prescopj that's where I and others disagree from the notes this isn't a 'major' update there is no new content just an upgrade and more grinding for very litlle reward since the challenge rsl start will go up when we upgrade to lvl21 so basically we will be getting either basically the exact same scores in challenge as lvl 20 survivors or less. Not to mention the walkers will be stronger, so most likely goodbye my goal of beating rsl 26.4.
    Of course this is assuming my interpretation of the notes is correct, I guess we will see when it goes live

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
  • RickGramesRickGrames Member Posts: 387
    today is the day?
    IGN : Rick
    Currently : Level 71
    Guild : MAVERICKS NWO

★ The spirit of ULTIMA LEGIONE is alive ★
    LINE ID : rickgrames
    ggbats
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    I am ready now. Update can come.

-----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    RickGramesggbats
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,055

today is the day?

Is the update being launched today???
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, tWo MiLlIoN star guild
    RickGrames
  • AmazaynAmazayn Member Posts: 522
    no gas or xp boost, uk what that means :worried:
    RickGramesJadenggbats
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289

today is the day?

No boosters today means update coming tomorrow, probably starting at 8 or 9am CET as last time.

If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    CRUSH