Legendary vs. Epic / Epic vs. Rare

Can anyone tell me why my survivors damage goes down when he is equipped with the legendary weapon vs. the epic. Both weapons are at the same lvl and I do realize that for some reason, the added damage from the Deadly trait (skull) doesn't show up on the weapon itself. It only calculates after u equip your survivor. So in these pics you can see his personal damage goes down when he is equipped with the legendary weapon. I thought it might be because of his traits, but this happens on all four of my assaults. This has happened one other time with Epic vs. Rare, both at same lvl.
I guess what I'm really wondering is legendary/epic, epic/rare really such a big deal or am I missing the big picture here? Thanks for anybody's help on this one.
I'm not talking about his armor, only his weapon.
"A Rott's tough exterior is merely a protective shell that hides a wealth of sensitivity they have within"
Johnny "Drama" Chase

Best Answers

• David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    Accepted Answer
    @anniesprinkles
    The base damage of your survivor is 308.
    The damage of the legendary weapon is 383.
    The damage of the epic with deadly is 386.
    If you do the math (addition Survivor + weapon) the damage is higher with the epic.
    Always take a look at the traits of your equipment. These traits determine if a weapon is great or crap.
    Hope this helps. :)
    jimmorrison369anniesprinklesTeeceezy
  • anniesprinklesanniesprinkles Member Posts: 268
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you so much, I FINALLY get it. Sorry about being so stupid...Thanks again.
    "A Rott's tough exterior is merely a protective shell that hides a wealth of sensitivity they have within"
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

David_H79
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks Again you guys are terrific!!
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

David_H79
    Accepted Answer
    There is nothing stupid to ask questions.
    :)
    jimmorrison369anniesprinkles
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,062
    Accepted Answer
    And since your survivor has marksman 12%. The clean damage of your survivor is actually 308/1.12=275
    anniesprinkles
    Accepted Answer
    You guys have taught me so much. I knew there was away to calculate the traits in, but I just didn't understand how they were doing it. Now I'm going to kick some zombie butt!!!
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

David_H79jimmorrison369Teeceezy

Answers

If you add the deadly trait to the damage of the weapon, you are at 386.
    This is more than the 383 of the legendary weapon.
    That's it.
    ;)
    jimmorrison369
    I'm Not talking about the damage on the weapon itself, I'm talking about the damage the survivor deals out once he is Equipped with the weapon. The number above the weapon that has nothing to do with the weapon, it only has to do with the survivor once he is equipped with it.
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

jimmorrison369
    Damage 691 when strapped with the legendary vs. 694 when strapped with the epic.
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

jimmorrison369
    That is exactly what he means.
    David_H79
    I thought that legendary equipment was suppose to be better than epic????
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

I'm so confused!!!
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

edited March 2017
    Although the weapon shows 351, it actually is 386.
    Your survivor does 691-386= 308 damage

308+383 = 691 legendary
    308+351*110%= 694 epic
    David_H79anniesprinkles
    Why is the epic doing more damage?
    Johnny "Drama" Chase

edited March 2017
    ^^

Lethal is calculated only on the end-survivor damage, not on the damage shown on weapon.
    anniesprinkles