So....time to sack some people?

Well this update is going down a storm, if you can get on, if you haven't lost your game, if it doesn't take 15 mins of getting booted out before it loads properly. I could and probably should go on. I honestly thought this was tested but now it seems like you are writing the code live.
Either way, this week will be a complete rite off for me as i couldn't play, i've let my guild down and you have let everyone down.
Personally, i'd like an explanation for this rather than a 'thank you for your patience '.

Thank you for your patience @Shteevie
mellow_93anachro12afroponixDonCoquijbowersvshield50

Comments

• HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    edited March 2017
    What is there to explain exactly?

Let's see.. what we the players know:

1) Update wasn't tested properly (if at all)
    2) Due to 1, game has numerous bugs
    3) NG probably can't simply revert to 2.4
    4) There as so many issues, they simply can't fix them all in a timely manner

However, I believe NG is confident given enough time (weeks? months?) all the problems will be resolved and everyone will get their accounts back...

yoyos
  • SmittySpivey3SmittySpivey3 Member Posts: 324
    When I lost my first two games back in the day I went thru these recovery hopes. After the slide rule and the witch doctor I had to create my 3rd game. This is why I am Smittyspivey3 instead of my original Smitty. They meant well but it couldn't be done for me (game recovery). Hope youz guyz can do better.
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 771
    @SmittySpivey3, were you using Google Play to save your progress (or whatever the iOS equivalent is) when you lost those two games?

Crap, does anyone have any positive experiences with progress restores in the past? I could use some cheering up...
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    @tabernac

I haven't had to go through support for a restore, but I recovered my account through google play twice, once after this last update and a few months ago when I was having issues trying to sync my Android account to an iOS device.

Best of luck to you
  • afroponixafroponix Member Posts: 503
    edited March 2017
    I agree they Schill for weapon sells to make money a week before weapon level max/big upgrades and also then write code on the fly
    Guts & Glory, not always in that order.
  • SmittySpivey3SmittySpivey3 Member Posts: 324
    @tabernac no I wasn't, it was early feb and March 2016. Back then they said there were about a dozen player names of Smitty and I wasnt in a guild so hard for them to find my account. It dragged on and on, long story and I couldnt wait any longer after 10 days the second time and started over BUT have good cheer, they have gotten much more effective and I hear many are getting their games back as we speak. Just dont start a new one and have google play save that info.
  • DonCoquiDonCoqui Member Posts: 580
    Wolfie said:

Well this update is going down a storm, if you can get on, if you haven't lost your game, if it doesn't take 15 mins of getting booted out before it loads properly. I could and probably should go on. I honestly thought this was tested but now it seems like you are writing the code live.

Either way, this week will be a complete rite off for me as i couldn't play, i've let my guild down and you have let everyone down.

Personally, i'd like an explanation for this rather than a 'thank you for your patience '.

Thank you for your patience @Shteevie

Hey @Wolfie , you must not have been around for the update that brought us The Outposts... what a day that must have been at Corporate in Helsinki. A hornet's nest... or a pot full of crickets up to the rim! LMAO at the visuals! Don't get me wrong... I feel for you, but you'll live through this one. NG Oy was racing against the clock on that release... that was a "cagada" of biblical proportion.

It was ROLLBACKS GALORE... you know, as in your game rolled back a day or two!?! Purchases erased... victories erased... it was "1984". What can I say... a major screw up, but w/ a capital "F". @TK-421 was boss back then, w/ TCZ @Teeceezy in a supporting role (he was the Forums whip, a la Indiana Jones... wapiiiiishhhhh!). We had at least a dozen maintenance windows in the few hours that followed. You should've seen the reaction here... oh the gloating from all of us affected. The in-game help desk was so swamped it took upwards of 5-7 days to get something other than a canned reply. It was worthy of a top internet-game-fail-of-the-year-award (IGFOTYA)... for all I know @Shteevie may have replaced @TK-421.

Enigüei (a phoneme equiv of "anyway" for us Spanish speakers)... sit back... relax... and enjoy the fireworks... it's all happened before... not that they give a shit anyway....
    Staying plugged in w/ the forum for a good dose of daily entertainment .
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
    RedEye52
  • DonCoquiDonCoqui Member Posts: 580
    blynknz said:

I wouldn't chat with @Shteevie , I think we scared him off. He hasn't commented in over a week.

@blynknz
    Shoot... thank you so much. I thought there was something wrong w/ my ears... all I hear is crickets...
    Staying plugged in w/ the forum for a good dose of daily entertainment .
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Nah, he's still posting occasionally. Same old same old. I like to think of this:

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/158679#Comment_158679

in this new context. Warms my heart so much I don't even lol at the comments anymore.
    Capleton