Who to upgrade? Need help/advice! (Hunters)

enigma12enigma12 Member Posts: 247
My main aim is to get as many stars as possible with my guild but I don't know who to upgrade and spend valuable tokens on! Please help! I really appreciate everyone who gives advice! What a great bunch of people!

JackBauerbast3

Comments

• tabernactabernac Member Posts: 805
    Jay is very legit. Joseph would be a beast if legendary opened luck on him!
    T_12
  • enigma12enigma12 Member Posts: 247
    @tabernac Thanks heaps for replying. What about promising or dodgey? In your opinion do you think luck is essential because some people don't think it is? Also, if I give my people armour with luck for instance, does the luck make up for not having luck as a trait?
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,408
    I would personally would get rid of the ones without marksman and work on jay so you have a decent bullet dodge for the freemen
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    ekimhclew
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,408
    Actually I would get rid of all that didn't have marksman and sureshot but not sure if i would recommend that
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    @Captainslayer I can't thank you enough! Yes, freemen are a nightmare! The new update should have lowered their power, I hope!
  • JazzzJazzz Member Posts: 25
    You have 15 hunters?! Woah, why?? And you have 2 hunters with pink stars, impressive.
    T_12
    @enigma12 In regards to dodgy and promising, I'm with @Captainslayer in criticizing dodgy for not having marksman, and promising for not having sure shot (and for me also not having bullet dodge). It really comes down to a matter of style in some regards. I keep my hunters as insulated as possible so for example I can live without not having dodge, but bullet dodge is important for me if you ever encounter other long range shooters that can reach out and touch em'.

For me I can see the argument for luck being overrated, but I really like it. Any percentage bonus that can be added on to Sure Shot for example or if you have Destructive for example on a weapon to me are always welcome.

I think many of your hunters are good, but if I wanted to build a straight up murderer, I'd cross my fingers and hope for luck on Joseph...
    enigma12
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,066
    My favorite hunter has the same traits as Jay and she's awesome.

I also like TheOne. She wouldn't be perfect against Freemen but against walkers she will be.

Joseph looks promising, too. Luck would be great for him and iron skin, too (which would give him the same traits as Jay).

I don't consider luck to be as important anymore as it was before the nerf. It's a nice trait to have but if I get iron skin instead of that I'm not too sad. ;)

Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Captainslayerenigma12
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Personally, I don't fuck with any Hunter or Shooter that doesn't have Marksman + Sure Shot and either (or both) of the dodges. Any traits beyond that are OK for me as long as not Defensive Stance.

I think Luck is still worthwhile, and Iron skin is great to have but I have a hard time finding it.

Jay is perfect and Joseph is promising for versatility, but if you want to have separate teams for Outpost and Scavenge/challenge you can separate the survivors with dodge and bullet dodge for each mission type. I like to have both dodges on all my survivors so they are versatile, but I haven't got that combo yet for my hunters.

These are my top hunters, in case it helps. Sadly, both pulled DS as final trait when upgraded from epic, but they still kick some ass. I would glady replace DS with any other trait for better results.

Captainslayerenigma12
  • FenixoFenixo Member Posts: 141
    In my opinion, Dodgy is the perfect survivor for outpost/saviors and TheONE is perfect for walkers :)

antizops.wordpress.com
    - Connecting survivors worldwide! Join for TV shows, news and fun.
    @Jazzz I have no idea why I have so many hunters! I might be a hoarder! Lol I really need to get rid of most of them because I can't waste points on useless people. I collect weapons and armour as well! OMG! I am a hoarder!
    Jazzz
    @Captainslayer @fenolicious @Mabiki @Jaden @tabernac I can not thank you all enough for your help! I REALLY appreciate it! I will take your advice and see what Joseph gets but I bet it's defensive stance, as usual!

You are all 'CHAMPIONS' and I can't believe how nice people are on here! THANK YOU ALL! Xxxxxxx
    @Jazzz Thank you so much! The above comment applies to you as well! Xx
    Jazzz
    @Jaden @tabernac @Captainslayer @Mabiki @Jazzz @Fenixo Just letting you know I got LUCK with Joseph! YAY! Now I can get rid of a few, if I can bare to do it! Thank you all so much!
    JadenFenixoJazzz
    @enigma12 Congrats! Joseph is officially a big time nasty piece of business now.
  • FenixoFenixo Member Posts: 141
    @enigma12 That's really perfect :)

antizops.wordpress.com
    - Connecting survivors worldwide! Join for TV shows, news and fun.
    @tabernac I have a question! I can't figure out why Joseph isn't as strong as my other hunters. I have upgraded him to level 21 with pink stars and tried different weapons and yet he is nowhere as strong as my other hunter. I even swapped the higher level hunter weapons around and he is still weaker.

Do you have any idea why Joseph is not as strong?
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    What other hunters are you comparing him to? Could you give specifics on the differences? Also are any of the other hunters equipped with a certain hero in the leader position that might give them a buff?
    @enigma12
    @TJCart makes a great point. Make sure that you don't have any of the people that you're comparing Joseph to on a team with a Hero to take that variable out of the equation. Take a screenshot of Joseph with his weapons and armor equipped, and then the survivor that you're comparing him to with the same kit equipped. Screenshot of one of my survivors attached for reference. Cheers!
    T_12
    @tabernac I noticed when I change weapons, Joseph looses strength even if the weapon is level 24 and more powerful. I am wondering if the skull thingy, sorry I forget the trait name, increases the weapon strength quite a bit?
    @enigma12 Right, the lethal trait will factor into the multiplier for damage dealt.