Hero Bundles/ Class Tokens

LordNeganLordNegan Member Posts: 27
It would be a wise and nice move to remove class tokens from Hero Bundles since those tokens are useless with heroes. I would much rather see you take out the class tokens and radios and add 50-100 hero tokens instead. We pay real money on these and there needs to be more of a satisfying investmenton these purchases.
bigbeanoCaptainslayerReeconn

Comments

• DavethegoatlordDavethegoatlord Member Posts: 4
    I agree 100% I only need 20 ricks for 4 star but I have to put up with things like 17 bruiser tokens which are useless as I have high rank heroes
    LordNegan
  • DavethegoatlordDavethegoatlord Member Posts: 4
    Would also like to point out the increased chance of hero calls on michonne week I used 110 radios and only got 10 michonne ( increased chance my ass)
    LordNeganWallStreetsoggybottoms
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    edited March 2017

Would also like to point out the increased chance of hero calls on michonne week I used 110 radios and only got 10 michonne ( increased chance my ass)

So there are like 19 heros right (or will be)? plus 6 survivor classes. So you have about a 2 in 25 chance or 8% of pulling any particular card (regardless of amount) IF the odds were equally distributed between all of them. If you did 11 attempts, the odds are that .88 of those results would be a Michonne card.

If the event doubles your chances, then statistically out of 11 attempts you would get 1.76 Michonne cards which obviously equates to either 1 or 2 actual results since you can have partial cards (unless you get the super rare Richonne card, BELIEVE).

Now those are all statistical analysis based on conjecture and one major thing that I left out is that it seems more likely to get a regular survivor than a hero anyhow, but the point is, without NG releasing what the actual chances are, the "increased chance" option could very well be double or more than your normal chance of receiving that hero, but with the fact that they are so low to being with, it doesn't really matter. Also unless you have a statistically relevant amount of attempts (I'm talking thousands, not the 11 that you did), it just further adds to the perception that someone is either getting screwed or super lucky with their pulls.
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    I don't think it QUITE works like that. I think first the dice is rolled for each card in a radio call for "survivor or hero", and it's stacked much in favor of survivors. Then a d6 is rolled to determine the class, and then # of stars etc. But basically, your odds of getting, say, hunter tokens from a call are significantly higher than getting any hero.
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    edited March 2017
    Well yes, that's why I specifically said in the last paragraph that the chances--even as I listed them--were not likely, but rather just an overstated example using broad statistics to show how low the chances are anyhow. Even if you do a more proper representation of a first RNG of 20% hero/80% survivor, then a following RNG of 1/19 possible heroes, it still comes out to a really low percentage that you'll get any one hero, even if that percentage is "significantly higher."

And even though there has been some pretty educated guesses as to how the process of the random selection occurs, they still are guesses and exact odds are still unknown (although pretty closely estimated by some of those that have collected large data sets from multiple players).