Think before you complain

There's a tendency on these boards to complain about anything and everything, and sometimes those complaints have unintended consequences.

A lot of people complained about the grind of the new challenge system (I was NOT one of those people)... even though rewards were already better, gas costs were lower, you could advance through the challenge faster, and there were already significantly fewer low level missions. So what does NG do? They add +1 RSL to the starting point without adjusting the rewards accordingly.

Before, I was able to make it to the 860 reward tier easily if I 3-starred every challenge mission up to RSL 25. Now that we skip RSL 14, I won't quite make it to 860 unless I start getting into RSL 25, which is usually when I face hospital time.

So here's my plea to you all: Do continue complaining, I can't stop that. But when you people complain, do so intelligently. Instead of saying things like "omg this sucks, so much grind," say things like "I wish there was a bit less grind, but that rewards are adjusted accordingly if the challenge structure is altered."

Think about the consequences of your complaints. For example, @TransmuteJun has, in every challenge related discussion that I've seen, cautioned people against being too eager for change if that change reduces long-term rewards. Be more like @TransmuteJun.

Off to go bang out a couple more stars so I can hit 860 and call it quits on this challenge.

*drops mic*
Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
Xcal1burGnatevilBttlOpenerp_herianWalkerballzstick_ninjaJadenIfyourforgiveMrsScattercushionMaverick1969HirogenxiozzegCaptainslayeralnodxyzKerilynVudnikTapatio75DIblisTransmuteJunTheBRADLeyBRandy78blynknzlunaranGeneral_PainTHCrossclausLenejpsVerbaubsplaggRedEye52ChispNeil_JT_12KillersZOneVoiceLoewe1968SCBMAConan1976

Comments

• DonCoquiDonCoqui Member Posts: 573
    LOL... I'm seeing 2.5 from a renewed diff perspective since quitting the game... the sooner i hit my max, the more of my life i get back... and going at it w/o purchases makes even better. Quite a freeing feeling!
    Staying plugged in w/ the forum for a good dose of daily entertainment .
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
    General_QuatrejesterSgtSalamiVudnik
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 132
    edited March 2017
    JayZ said:

Instead of saying things like "omg this sucks, so much grind," say things like "I wish there was a bit less grind, but that rewards are adjusted accordingly if the challenge structure is altered."

The biggest issue with what you're saying is that the second complaint falls into the TL:DR bucket. If complaints are too descriptive and well worded, then people get.... by the way have they fixed the stun resistance, yet?

CaptainslayerAfewlive
  • quitJOSHinquitJOSHin Member Posts: 134
    edited March 2017
    @JayZ and instead of adjusting them accordingly they actually lowered the rewards

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/24324/reduced-guild-rewards
    RedEye52
  • andy75andy75 Member Posts: 254
    Yep. Had I had the one more more challenge round that was taken away I would have hit 1k stars for the first time. Thanks! Lol
  • VudnikVudnik Member Posts: 307
    Especially after Teeceezy's promise of greater stars than before. It's laughable. If I hadn't coughed a bunch of bucks a long time ago I'd be laughing even harder now, cause what else can you do? Complain? .... Falls on deaf ears.
    JadenAfewliveTHCrossRedEye52
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    I agree on
    - If you complain, try and provide some alternatives or something constructive. However I do remember seeing solutions provided during the complaining.

I disagree on
    - That it is our fault for complaining. It is actually the way that NG plan and implement things
    JackBauerRedEye52WeekOne
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,395
    Just remember before you complain about something remember all the nerfs that have come from complaints e.g basically ranged nerfed because we wanted melee buffed(stronger walkers) bullet dodge, dodge, luck, interupt I could go on, compared to the buffs we got e.g umm not sure i think there are some? and actually getting what we wants
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    RedEye52
  • RedEye52RedEye52 Member Posts: 182
    The whole situation is paradoxical, really. I was just reading another thread about unintended consequences of this update. Someone pointed out that NG says we on the forums are only about 1% of the player base, so they rarely listen to us when we complain about what they've done. And yet, here we are talking about how when they do listen, they screw things up for us. Both are completely true, but seem to be opposite one another.

Someone put it very well, but I don't remember who. We may have legitimate issues that need to be addressed, or we may not. But it seems that more often than not, when NG "fixes" something they go waaaaaaaay overboard. I'm sure I don't need to just examples, but think about it. They don't do anything subtly. For them, it's "go big or go home!" It would be nice if they just kept it simple and only focused on the problem at hand, instead of the entire freaking game universe. Remember the old adage NG, K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Silly.
    vixen243blynknzSCBMA
  • ChispChisp Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2017
    People have been complaining non stop: "this is boring, that is an annoying grind, demand things, complain that something that was given for FREE should be legendary, that it takes too long to update, that they rush the update, that the prices are too high when you DON'T have to buy that stuff, threaten to quit playing if something doesn't go their way...as if 1 or 5 or even 20 players leave it would kill the game!"

People that likely doesn't know anything about software development. I don't agree with all design decisions on this game, but I enjoy greatly playing it and am anxious to see new things and changes when they make them. But it's obvious people don't foresee what can happen when they simply complain about it and not give suggestions. First it is impossible to always make everyone happy, but if you're not happy, suggest something different and hope you get support on that idea for NG to notice it and that to become reality in the game...Just my idea, or keep complaining.
    Xcal1burRedEye52DotMatrix
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,121
    Bump because someone today said that Bruisers were overpowered (LOL), stun resistance was too strong (no, it's just right), and dodge occurs too often (hasn't been true since mid-2016).
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    SCBMAGuapoJackBauerRedEye52