About that new Rufus weapon...

13»

Comments

• GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    The affect they are trying to achieve is to consume O2 while creating non-breathable air (combustion products) Secondary is the innate horror and pain of being on fire. Not an expert, but I doubt a modern tank would be troubled by one.
    TJCart
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    @GrimGael Completely true about the modern tank statement. I was referring more to their historical use. As far as the O2 consumption, it really just depended on where they were employed. WWI saw success in trench warfare where lines could sometimes be less than 20 feet apart with casualties primarily produced by conventional fire after people fled from the flamethrower attacked area. Even in WWII on beach invasions and other attacks against bunkers, the O2 consumption wasn't really a factor as much as rendering the bunker useless with fire and the psychological horror. I think the O2 consumption really came into play in the Pacific theatre where the Japanese had elaborate underground tunnel structures.
    GrimGael
    And your fate is sealed as you inhale to scream. Yeah, not a fan, all things considered.
    vshield50
  • RedEye52RedEye52 Member Posts: 182
    @vshield50 I have 2 of those at home and they are awesome!
    vshield50
  • CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 583
    edited March 2017
    What is wrong with this picture(s)?

• TWDSkutterTWDSkutter Member Posts: 160
    Agree @GrimGael so why didn't they give us a shotgun :/
    This space for rent

["Retribution" guild ... email [email protected] for info]
  • TWDSkutterTWDSkutter Member Posts: 160
    Or a flamethrower that doesn't need to 'charge' to things on fire ...
    This space for rent

["Retribution" guild ... email [email protected] for info]
    I interpret all rifles and assault rifles in this game as shotguns. Only pistols behave as a slugthrower
    DodkongDoTakPigbigbeano
    Personally, if I could fix a bayonet to the lamethrower, I'd use it that way...
    DoTak
  • T_12T_12 Member Posts: 728
    edited April 2017
    Damage reduction justified - it's obviously harder to kill walkers coz you've to aim for their brains, which is in general much easier with a gun, knife or bat, than a damned flamethrower! Of course this weapon must do loads of damage to freemen/ other survivors on O/P.
    The only way to survive a mad world is to embrace the madness.
    GrimGaelMaverick1969Anarchi