Dixieland BBQ Rare reasoning

I am curious what input or insite others can offer to why a cool new weapon we all voted on came in a rare format and not legendary.

In the past they have given out good legendary weapons like in challlenges to kill 10 million walkers.

I feel like Dixieland BBQ will just end up being scrapped for exp. Having legendary stats at least prolongs the life span of weapons beyond just a level.
When soft cap comes I quit the game.
widowmakerLordNeganbababooeyp_herianArtisanssrmcn1031T_12

Comments

• BraynerZBraynerZ Member Posts: 24
    Money!! That's your reason
    KillingLightRedEye52T_12
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    Right, it's about making money. Rare version will be free, legendary version will require actually money to acquire.

Which I understand. I don't fault NG for attempting to make a profit. But, much like the Recokin', I will accept the freebie and ignore the Money shot version.

What I don't understand, is why there wasn't some consideration given to players in regards to the time frame in which we could collect the weapon? Why release it today, Sunday? As much as I can remember, anything new coming from a seasonal episode or the Talking Dead has been released on Monday. Why not the same here, @Teeceezy, @Shteevie?
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    Paste
  • lunaranlunaran Member Posts: 29
    the verison I have now is useless (the free version) and Im not going to spend a single dime on the 'paid version' NG I have no trust in, that the weapon will be usefull for more than a day before being nerfed. its bad enough now that the free version is next to useless from the get go
    [NZ-ZK]
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    It's not even rare, it just says rare
    The damage number is below a common assault rifle you can find anywhere
    And just now, I got a second one
    Only to add insult to injury
    gespuerR2runfastPapacasT_12
  • bababooeybababooey Member Posts: 147
    Damage number is a joke . I'll never use this weapon . What a let down .
  • KillingLightKillingLight Member Posts: 118
    @NCDawgFan
    Nerfing something that already came heavily nerfed? XD
    srmcn1031Papacas
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    edited March 2017
    Has anyone even tried using this weapon? Does it deal a fire damage DoT? If it does, it could be that the DoT makes up for the difference in initial damage (hence the lower damage rating) or could even surpass the equivalent rare weapon. Also if it does do additional fire damage, does it put the walker in an "on fire" status which can then be a hazard to your survivors?

Just some thoughts. I haven't even accepted the weapon yet as I'm leveling an assault for the sake of getting this "piece of garbage" at a higher level in hopes that it may have some kind of use.
    RedEye52
  • bunbun Member Posts: 161
    The reckonin drama will averted as the stats and damage output is so bad, no-one in their right mind would buy a legendary one in the first place. That is assuming that the revisited logic of fire damage from a weapon being susceptible to bodyshots (unlike grenade damage) is still being applied.
    TJCart
  • xxarea83xxxxarea83xx Member Posts: 221
    @TJCart I used it in a normal scavenge mission just to check it out. The DoT only happens with the charge ability, which is almost useless as this weapon doesn't do enough damage to gain 3 kills very fast at all.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

IGN: xxarea83xx
    Guild: Anti Walkers
    Player Level: 68
    1RisTJCartbigbeanoCRUSH
  • RikochetRikochet Member Posts: 15
    garbage disappointment. I dont say much but spend from time to time. The developers are continuing to do things to piss the community off. Why not try and continue to improve the game and add new content with not making people want to stop playing. I know the old saying "you cant make everyone happy". But in the case of a game, which you can limitless find ways to improve, you can make changes that make sense.
    R2runfastInvader
  • bumshoebumshoe Member Posts: 322
    It would have been nice to have a legend weapon seeing as how it was hyped up and considered an honor. We voted for rare.
    When soft cap comes I quit the game.
  • TheBRADLeyBTheBRADLeyB Member Posts: 82
    > @bumshoe said:
    > It would have been nice to have a legend weapon seeing as how it was hyped up and considered an honor. We voted for rare.

Yeah, I mean, I know Rufus is pretty much a joke but you'd think there'd be some kind of oversight about giving out garbage equipment as part of cross promotional stuff. What given the vote, the plugs for Talking Dead, the news prompts and all.

And, am I crazy or does the weapon ignite walkers which then means you can't attack them a melee walker without harming your own survivors? I only messed with the gun for a few missions but I swear even my pitchfork carrying survivor took damage finishing off an ignited walker.

In all honesty I'm not mad about the gun, I'm a tad worried about NG's decision making but all in all I won't be mad until they sell a legendary version of the gun in a 32.99$ bundle with 10 radios, 100 assault tokens, and 250 in gold. And I know something like that is in the works, but I won't be mad about it until it happens.
    Dodkong
  • CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 583
    edited March 2017

@TJCart I used it in a normal scavenge mission just to check it out. The DoT only happens with the charge ability, which is almost useless as this weapon doesn't do enough damage to gain 3 kills very fast at all.

I got it at lvl 21, used by Abraham epic 21. It had not enough power to kill lvl 21 walker.
    It was fun indeed, but not useful. Maybe max upgrade would do it.

• PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Even if fire damage made up for the low damage, it still doesn't actually make up for it. That's because a burning walker is more dangerous to our survivors, let alone a crowd of burning walkers from an assault cone. We have not been given a new weapon, but a device that makes our enemies more dangerous, the effect of which is only slightly offset by the tiny damage the device does to its subjects.

Think of it as an ultra challenge mode. If you equip this weapon, then you go on a mission with only two useful survivors, and your third is actually working against you. You should get double rewards when you use it or something like that.

I'm just going by what I've seen posted about it. I've unlocked and, although I haven't scrapped it yet, I have no intention of ever equipping it on anyone. Most likely I will end up scrapping it. So it's basically a lot of hype for a silver crate's worth of xp.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    Shut_UpMizTykeyman
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    Aw, c'mon, @Pig give it a whirl. Take it out on the first challenge round tomorrow. You should be able to kill a level 15 walker with it, lol

And don't worry, it doesn't light them on fire unless you use the charge attack, just like the wreckedthing

:p
    jimmorrison369PigRedEye521Ris
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    I will use the weapon as a XP-Battery to store the overflow of the XP I usually have.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    @DoTak I didn't even realise that charge issue, not even with the reckonin'. I believe I used the reckonin' once when it first came out. So these weapons are worse even than I realised.

Because the other thread got (rightly) closed, I'll mention this here. The claim that Rufus is the second most used character is ridiculous and misleading. That only means he's the least used of the only two characters that fit these criteria: 1. everyone has them (free to unlock), and 2. NG bothers tracking their use (hero). The claim can really be boiled down to this: Rufus is the worst free hero in the game.

If you tracked how many players use Rufus more than any other survivor (including non-heroes), I think you'd end up with a small fraction of a percentage of players. Rufus is to be praised, not played.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    Shut_Up
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,068
    I have a 2nd account - and had I been able to get Rufus for free (I haven't) I would probably use him, too. I only have Rosita as a useable assault and she is just 2star. A free 3star with leader trait that isn't too bad... isn't too bad. ;)

Most used or 2nd most used character doesn't mean much, I agree. I wouldn't say he is worse than Daryl, though. Really, even if you don't like the character, the trait is indeed useful. More HP and free charge points... if he wasn't green on my main account, I might use him more often.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Papacas1Ris
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,580
    Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback on this. It's being heard loud and clear. :)
    vshield50TJCartMizTycraw
  • RedEye52RedEye52 Member Posts: 186
    I used it on a mission yesterday. It did not light walkers on fire unless you use the charge ability. The damage definitely sucks. One of the devs responded on another thread about the damage. He said that this weapon has a wider range of damage it can do. He said that it is capable of doing much more damage than listed. But of course, that makes me wonder if it can also go really low, since he failed to mention that part. All in all, I'm still disappointed in it.
  • Wr3ckWr3ck Member Posts: 18
    So both Rufus weapons only light enemies on fire if you use the charge attack? i raided an outpost this morning that had a defender equipped with one of the weapons and my survivors were lit on fire with every attack. Not that caused an issue with completing the raid since the weapon doesn't do much damage but I'm a bit curious how that happened since the defender wasn't charged.
    RedEye52
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Did they have a (f)lame effect + damage over time, or just the animation?
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Ah, that gives me a pyrotechnic idea to drop influence. Maybe I will claim the lamethrower...
    MizTybigbeano
  • Wr3ckWr3ck Member Posts: 18
    @GrimGael I was just coming back to say I think it was just the animation. I've never actually used either of them plus I was still half asleep when I was raiding so idk lol
    GrimGaelRedEye52bigbeano
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    Didn't I read that we were supposed to have enough time to get an assault up to level 21 WITHOUT spending gold before the gift expires so the weapon unlocks at 21? Not possible
    1Ris