Bugs in hero traits??

It's been a long time since I realized that neither my Daryl nor the team I'm taking with him can get a single silent shot. My Abraham is a complete useless, is epic and is worse than any rare assault. Today I went to play with Glenn and realized that he also does not work his main trait (Lucky dumpster). It does not work in story mode, it does not work in scavenger, outpost, and so on ...
I wonder if this is happening to someone else.
NG please, let me play !!

FenixoT_12

Comments

• MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    I have not experienced any of the issues with hero traits you mention.
    T_12
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited March 2017
    I agree hero traits are bugged but your description of which ones are bugged may be off. There have been reports of Glenn periodically failing and just about every one of these reports were resolved by removing him and then putting him back in. Some of the other cases were resolved by actually putting him in the right spot but that's not the problem in your case. Daryl's trait works sometimes even when he isn't even on the mission as well as Negan's. I'm not saying it isn't happening to you because there are lots of bugs but try to remove them and put them back in if you notice they don't work.
    JayZKillersZT_12
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    I use Maggie all the time for extra XP and her leader trait works fine

I use Daryl on just about every mission, but don't pay too much attention to if his leader trait is working or not

Not too sure about all the others since I tend to take out my pink star crew more than my heros

KillersZ
  • KillersZKillersZ Member Posts: 109
    Shut_Up said:

I agree hero traits are bugged but your description of which ones are bugged may be off. There have been reports of Glenn periodically failing and just about every one of these reports were resolved by removing him and then putting him back in. Some of the other cases were resolved by actually putting him in the right spot but that's not the problem in your case. Daryl's trait works sometimes even when he isn't even on the mission as well as Negan's. I'm not saying it isn't happening to you because there are lots of bugs but try to remove them and put them back in if you notice they don't work.

I already did this and it did not solve :s

T_12
  • DraconesDracones Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 3
    Glenn's lucky dumpster treat also broken for me...
    gespuerT_12
    edited March 2017
    I left a step out because it happened once to me for 2 scavenger missions and I was able to get to get it to start working. Just switching him in and out didn't do it and but going on another mission without him and then putting him back in worked so try that
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    edited March 2017
    EL34xyz said:

I use Maggie all the time for extra XP and her leader trait works fine

I use Daryl on just about every mission, but don't pay too much attention to if his leader trait is working or not

Not too sure about all the others since I tend to take out my pink star crew more than my heros

If you use Maggie all the time for the extra xp, then you can't have Daryl in the leader position for his leader trait to work.......
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    Shut_UpDavid_H79SCBMAT_12
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    We have seen some issues with these traits in the past, and we have been working to find the cause to them. Personally, I can say that all of the leaders you mention do work, but that there may be a bug with the moment where heroes are swapped in or out of a team. I do recommend swapping a hero out, playing a mission, and then swapping the hero back in on the next mission.

Further points of note:
    -Not every leader trait causes text to appear over the head of the characters. Abraham and Rick are good examples of this.
    -Leader Traits only work when the Hero is the leader. In the screenshot above, Daryl's trait would not be active.
    -Abe's traits mean that with the same gear, it should be obvious that his stats are an improvement on a lesser-quality Assault character. To see the benefit of the Leader Trait, you'll need to check the Team Selection screen and not the Training Grounds / Survivor menu.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    @Shteevie when I put Abe in the leader spot, only my survivors' health shows an increase, not their attack. Is this a visual bug or is the trait not working? This is, by the way, something that I've always noticed for months, so obviously the app has been restarted and Abe had been swapped in and out multiple times with no change...
    JayZIvoSCBMA
  • RedEye52RedEye52 Member Posts: 182
    Is anyone ever going to fix Negan's trait? It activates even when he is not on the team. I have repeatedly seen it activate with Rosita or Rufus, without Negan. I'm thinking it's because they were all released around the and time. Have any developers checked in to this, because it's been happening for a long time now.

@Shteevie @Teeceezy
    bsgper4
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636

@Shteevie when I put Abe in the leader spot, only my survivors' health shows an increase, not their attack. Is this a visual bug or is the trait not working? This is, by the way, something that I've always noticed for months, so obviously the app has been restarted and Abe had been swapped in and out multiple times with no change...

I thought it was just damage mod on Abe/Jesus, not attack power modification. Similar to when there is a 50% bonus damage event, I didn't notice a change in attack power for that class, just higher damage during mission.

I also didn't look specifically for that, but I think I would have noticed their attack spiking to such a degree.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

@lmfgunnut Yeah but if that were the case, I wouldn't see the change to health, but I do (when Abe is in the leader position). So I see one but not the other; haven't really tested in-game how much survivor damage is when I hit a walker, but either way it seems a bug.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,522

+1 for this
    IvoSCBMA
    Since the benefit of challenge stars for completing daily quests was removed from the game, I've only used a 3 assault team for every mission at every level. I'm certain that the damage is increased with Abe since my lvl 20 Assaults are 1 shot killing entire groups of lvl 23 walkers.

I'm thinking health updates on team selection screen, but damage is modified separately from attack. No expert, just speculating.

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

Possible. But it would be nice to know. It could also be a bug in MY game specifically. Does your number change for armor when you put Abe in the leader spot, @lmfgunnut ?
    @General_Quatre will check when I get back to my car this afternoon.

Thanks!
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,224
    edited March 2017
    Uhm.. My Glenn works and Daryl don't know.. He is stored in the outpost, but last challenge i did 980 stars with an epic Abe and a guildmate did 1140 with a green Abe... This means we got 2000+ stars without Abe traits?? :o
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    vshield50tallinie
  • stoneheartstoneheart Member Posts: 62
    edited March 2017
    Glenn and Maggie and Tara work, as for the rest, I do not believe they have ever worked.
    crambert_nec
  • bsgper4bsgper4 Member Posts: 309
    @General_Quatre
    I see a change in both damage and health when Abe is in the leader position (which he always is if he's in use), but the weird thing - I only recently started to see that actual change in numbers. Like a couple weeks ago and was like wth? I always assumed it was only calculated during the mission in each hit not as a survivor as a whole. So maybe there's an Abe bug going to around that's different for each person...
    Shut_UpT_12
    Mine's been like this for a long while. Armor changes for Abe and all survivors once he's in the leader slot, but not damage. @zbot @Shteevie @Teeceezy Is this something I should send support a ticket to??

when I put Abe in the leader spot, only my survivors' health shows an increase, not their attack. Is this a visual bug or is the trait not working? This is, by the way, something that I've always noticed for months, so obviously the app has been restarted and Abe had been swapped in and out multiple times with no change...

-As we can see in the thread, reports are inconsistent from player to player. As we are already aware of the issue and support cannot perform any special actions to your account, I wouldn't encourage you to send in additional tickets about the issue. In fact, I know we were looking at this in the days between submission and release of 2.5. With any luck, we're already on the way to a solution. If that works, it'll be in the next update. If it doesn't, we'll keep at it until it does.
    RedEye52 said:

Is anyone ever going to fix Negan's trait? It activates even when he is not on the team. I have repeatedly seen it activate with Rosita or Rufus, without Negan. I'm thinking it's because they were all released around the and time. Have any developers checked in to this, because it's been happening for a long time now.

-We're pretty sure that this is caused by the same issue that causes all of the other weird behavior you see reported here. My hope is that all of these issues are fixed together.
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    RedEye52
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    I noticed no problems with the heroes I use:
    Maggie for XP works fine.
    Glenn for tomatoes works fine.
    Abe and Rosita are working for me too.
    In outpost play I use Carol and I notice a lot more criticals from my team.
    Also does Daryl with criticals and sometimes silent shot.
    But @Shteevie , is this a visual bug for Abe or is the damage actually not added? If the latter then no rush, I don't care so long as I know, but if his leader trait just flat-out is only half working, that's annoying.
    JayZSCBMA
    I've never had Abe change the damage number shown on screen only health number. I didn't know it was supposed to change the damage number because it seems every few months NG changes whether or not the marksman trait is added into the damage number or a lethal trait on the weapon is added into a damage number.
    Well what happens with your melee survivors when you put Jesus in the leader spot?
    edited March 2017

is this a visual bug for Abe or is the damage actually not added?

-Given the bug that causes the traits to sometimes appear when they shouldn't, and to sometimes fail when they should work, I think it would be impossible for us all to agree that it is always one or the other. I know that I get better results from ranged attacks with Abe in position, and we have testing results and player reports that verify that. But I do think that the bug that incorrectly deactivates your heroes is causing it to feel very inconsistent.
  • nobibinobibi Member Posts: 22
    If hero's leader trait is not working, close the app and restart