What happens to the season missions when they are over?

This may seem like a dumb question but I haven't been doing the season missions when they come up because I had them confused with the chapter missions. All this time I've been assuming that you can go and do the season missions anytime you want so I haven't been in a hurry to do them. I've just been doing the challenges and the Outpost missions and a bunch of scavenger missions in order to get equipment and supplies, figuring I would just go back and do the season missions when I got my gear all lined up.

But I suddenly realized that it looks like it's two different things, the seasons and the chapter missions are completely separate. Is that correct?

Does that mean I have permanently lost the ability to go back and do the prior season missions?

Comments

• TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,103
    Right now all of the past season 7 missions are open. I don't know if you can do them to get the rewards, but you can at least play the lower levels.

There is no official word on what will happen to the season 7 missions after next week's finale. My *guess* is that they will be available over the summer, but there's no guarantee. If you want to do them, I'd advise you to attempt them this week/weekend.
  • quitJOSHinquitJOSHin Member Posts: 134
    Season 7 is the first and only time they've done season missions. So you didn't miss season 6 missions or anything like that. But yea not sure what's gonna happen when season 7 is over. I'm sure they'll stick around a little while. If they do like the end of the first half of the season then they'll reset the trials and let us do those one more time. Then after that, who knows.
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,745
    It's advisable to finish the season missions in the weekly allotted time.

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/198465/#Comment_198465
  • meathead013meathead013 Member Posts: 189
    Oh okay, good information

So where did the chapters come from? I always assumed those were previous season missions but apparently not. Did they just write those for this application itself?
    I don't watch the show so that's probably why I've been so confused about this, at least it doesn't help
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,361
    The chapters are "story mode" missions with a plot and characters unique to the game. The season 7 missions are based on a plot from the newest episode each week and feature characters from the show (heroes in the game).
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    OK thx