Starting level of challenge will raise with the first lvl 21 survivor/hero?

Comments

• srmcn1031srmcn1031 Member Posts: 565
    Can we get some kind of answer please. Your people who love this game would like to know what is being done to address this issue.
    ant8900rpmArtisans
  • kiwinz7kiwinz7 Member Posts: 913
    So what's the update? The only game I know you are penalised for upgrading. Surely there is NG have a answer by now?
    Ranked #1 in Australia for Weekly Challenges

Ranked in the Top 30 Globally for Weekly Challenge

TWD NML Guild Council Member

Recruiter & Legacy Eh Leader a Top 5 Global Guild

Former Leader of Vault112 Top 20 Global Guild & it's 4 Guilds (Vault112, Vault112B, Vault112C & Vault112D) is now a part of the Eh family

Rise Up & Join the EH Family [email protected]
    Captainslayerred182
  • mikpay2316mikpay2316 Member Posts: 110
    And still not a single response! They really care about us huh? So I'm assuming since ng refuses to even acknowledge that there is a problem, there won't be a solution any time soon...... so messed up.
    OG Mike 420 - MAVERICKS FAMILY 4 LIFE!
    Uninstalling today
    JackBauer
    @Shteevie @Teeceezy can you please just tell us something? Are they going to fix this or are we just all going to be punished for leveling up?
    I hope someone has the decency to respond BEFORE the next challenge starts. It's not really fair to all the guilds that are going to lose people when half the players quit.....
  • JuanloJuanlo Member Posts: 89
    Thanks! Finally...
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    @Teeceezy is soon before the challenge starts? :D
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,224
    How soon is now??

"Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    antTeeceezyArtisans
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    capibara said:

How soon is now??

Now. Read all about it.
    DLichJaden
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    @capibara I'm so excited for @Teeceezy post that if a double decker bus crashes into us.....

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    capibara
  • srmcn1031srmcn1031 Member Posts: 565
    @Teeceezy thank you for the detailed explanation and fix of this issue.
    DLichcapibara
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    edited April 2017
    @DLich @capibara The post is so long you can almost say that ..

DLichcapibara
  • antant Member Posts: 547
    edited April 2017
    @Teeceezy How does this solve the problem of losing 107 stars when you upgrade your survivors? Unless I'm misunderstanding the announcement, you really didn't address the issue. If I have level 20 survivors, then I will start at rsl 14 and repeat at 19. However, if I have level 21 survivors I will start at rsl15 and repeat at 20. I'm still losing out on 107 stars from rsl 14 & the 3 repeats at rsl19. What am I missing? Shouldn't I be rewarded with extra stars for upgrading my survivors.
    Click here to join the BlackjacknBeef/Asylum Family.

Click here to see my youtube strategy videos.
    ArtisansShut_Up
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 293
    edited April 2017
    I believe it is expected that when your guys were lvl 20, and you completed rounds up to and including RSL 24, that with 21's you will get through RSL 25 as easily. Of course, this line of thinking does not take into account the walker buff and lvl 21 toons with 23 gear

So you should be able to advance further. And I think we will. So while there will be losses, it may not be 107. But it will be something until we can get a full compliment of lvl 24 leg gear. Just to get the equivalent number of stars as before
  • Cherokee_RoseCherokee_Rose NML Moderator Posts: 795
    That's how it works at lower levels. I have an alt account and upgraded survivors to lvl 17 during the 5 second upgrade weekend. I started the next challenge one RSL higher and the repeat rounds started at one RSL higher. I was still rockin' my old gear because I had none upgraded. I can't speak to a loss of stars because I didn't play that account as much the next week. Even if that is the case it seems temporary until I can upgrade some better gear. Since it works that way for players as they level up through the game I don't see why it shouldn't be the same when leveling from 20 to 21.
    1RisRozCaptainslayer
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,224
    Frankly, Mr. @DLich ... ;)

"Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
  • Loewe1968Loewe1968 Member Posts: 560
    edited April 2017
    @Teeceezy

In your explanation "Challenge Starting Level Changes" is somewhat illogical.
    Starting Difficulty:
    This is based on the level of your top three survivors.
    2 or more level XX Survivors ...
    Logically would be for me:

This is based on the levels of your top two survivors.

or

3 or more level XX Survivors ...
    MonsutajavajnkieCaptainslayer
    @Teeceezy thanks for your response.
    David_H79
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,522
    ant said:

@Teeceezy How does this solve the problem of losing 107 stars when you upgrade your survivors? Unless I'm misunderstanding the announcement, you really didn't address the issue. If I have level 20 survivors, then I will start at rsl 14 and repeat at 19. However, if I have level 21 survivors I will start at rsl15 and repeat at 20. I'm still losing out on 107 stars from rsl 14 & the 3 repeats at rsl19. What am I missing? Shouldn't I be rewarded with extra stars for upgrading my survivors.

I agree that it's crappy for people in between level 20 and level 21 survivors, but I think people will find reasons to complain regardless of what NG does. If people with level 21 survivors start at the same point as those with level 20 survivors, we might see some people b*tch and moan about the grind.

I personally agree with your points here, but it's important to keep in mind that (A) NG can't please everyone, and (B) we shouldn't encourage NG to create ad-hoc fixes for things that are really just short-term issues.

Reducing grind (which was everyone's biggest complaint about Challenge 1.0) is frequently at odds with maximizing the number of stars earned (which is people's complaint now), and I honestly sympathize with those at NG who have to figure out how to please all of the different types of players.

BTW, for the record @Shteevie, I still think the 69 solution would have still been the most appropriate fix :wink:
    Captainslayer1RisKalord
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,414
    @Teeceezy I second @Loewe1968 point so if i have 2 lvl 21 survivors will I be starting at rsl 15????
    P.s it takes 3 to make a team so it would make sense it's 3 survivors at lvl 21 to start at rsl 15
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
  • HelioHelio Member Posts: 522
    I think we argued for the wrong thing, we shouldn't have argued to bring back an extra low level to grind, we should have argued to adjust the rewards accordingly... but now we have an extra level to grind that gives out pathetic rewards before we can get to the interesting part...

Also, I fail to see why we need to start at level 14 when we have level 20 survivors... I would rather have 4 repeats at lvl 20,21,22,23 and remove levels 14, 15, 16, 17...

RickGramesggbats
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    I still want to start at level 20. In total there are too much repeats. The Grind is still there (just moved the difficulty level).
    I don't have the time to play that much. Summer is coming. Beer garden openings are coming.
    Ok, I don't mind what NG will do, I will just drop out of challenges again and wait what will happen. I'm sure that Steevie will monitor the trend and will see it soon too.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    ggbats
  • Loewe1968Loewe1968 Member Posts: 560
    edited April 2017
    What I meant here http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/205314/#Comment_205314
    Starting Difficulty:
    This is based on the level of your top three survivors.
    2 or more level XX Survivors ...
    It does not match "three" to "2 or more". Correctly is linguistically and logically either

“This is based on the level of your top two survivors.
    2 or more level XX Survivors ...”

or

“This is based on the level of your top three survivors.
    3 or more level XX Survivors ...”