The Challenge Rewards have changed and we do not like it

Title says it all
JackBauer[Deleted User]TheBRADLeyBsrmcn1031Gustavo_ScopelLadyAquila

Comments

• RedEye52RedEye52 Member Posts: 182
    I'm not sure if they've changed, but I didn't notice any way that made it easier for us to get more rewards or stars. And I'm pretty sure that's what the update release said. I got the exact same rewards and about the same stars as before.
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 293
    And losing those 32 stars Transmute Jun refers to means one less challenge reward crate. With lvl 20 survivors, with a few of them pinks star, I generally can get through the rounds of RSL 25 with 1-2 stars per mission. I was able to do so on the last challenge and ended at 968 stars. Rounds at RSL 26 were impassable for me (maybe a mission or 2 are doable, but not the whole round for the bonus). So I was 12 stars short of the 980 star reward crate. Would have got it if I was able to complete RSL 14 to start. Thanks for this goes out to the high end gamers who get to 28, 29, and so on complaining about the grind. You screwed the rest of us.
    Xcal1burTapatio75SlayerTwdRedEye52
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    @TransmuteJun But my point was, once you are higher level (level 21 with level 24 gear), you will still only have an RSL increase of 1 (between you upgrading and the update itself), so you'll recoup those 32 stars at that point. At least, that's the logic. Yeah?
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,103

@TransmuteJun But my point was, once you are higher level (level 21 with level 24 gear), you will still only have an RSL increase of 1 (between you upgrading and the update itself), so you'll recoup those 32 stars at that point. At least, that's the logic. Yeah?

That's the logic, but that's not what's happening. Apparently people with level 21 survivors started the last challenge at RSL 16.

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/202382/#Comment_202382

Hopefully that's a bug. Or @Movado is just messing with us ;D
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    Terminate also mentioned starting at level 16 here.
    However, @Shteevie still hasn't responded to anyone about starting at anything other than supposing to start at level 15 either as seen in this thread: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/24444/starting-level-of-challenge-will-raise-with-the-first-lvl-21-survivor-hero#latest
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 293
    General_Quarte - It may well be that after upgrading to lvl 21 survivors and lvl 24 gear we will recoup the lost stars (and by my calculatins approx 25 more whoop-dee-do), but to have to grind for months to get back to where we already were is frustrating
    PowerUK
    @Amazayn You're gonna want/need that XP...just go for gear crates from TG for good gear! RNG is not your friend.

@jbuoy use the @ sign to tag a forumer...And I hear your pain, but then again, the game is primarily about "leveling up", so they needed to introduce a Council update sooner or later, hence the grind. But yeah, they should have just upped the RSL when you hit Level 21, not just bump it up +1 off the bat like that.

I agree that rewards haven't actually been adjusted to our benefit. I now read that as "We've made lower level rewards worse so that people have to get more stars to get the same stuff", which is sneakily worded and kind of $hitty IMO. Like, are those extra 5 phones us mid-level-guildies getting really going to break the bank? And more to the point, is it worth all the ire from the community?? They have to know how passionate we are, and knew we'd react to the reward structure changing...it seems like a stupid thing to change and get the players riled up over, in light of everything else that's happening.
    JadenpaintbeastRedEye52
  • quitJOSHinquitJOSHin Member Posts: 134
    @Amazayn I feel like they changed something with token crates after the first week. I had great results from token crates that first challenge but since then they have felt significantly lower quality. Same goes for the challenge and deluxe challenge crates. Got quite a bit of good gear that first week but since then the majority has been xp drops. Feels kinda like a bait and switch lol
    AmazaynbigbeanoKaLi
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    Sometimes a surprise happens:
    This gun is actually a keeper!
    It was in the 18* deluxe crate.
    paintbeastGeneral_QuatreRedEye52
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    I think I gave this info in another thread, but in case it is useful here:

Players asked for fewer "build-up" rounds and for the opportunity to reach levels of difficulty similar to what had been possible before the rework. There was also a request for consideration that the harder missions took more time to play, making the challenges much more time-consuming than they were before.

So we adjusted the system to remove one round at the start for players beyond a certain level, but not for the lower-level players. We also pushed back the point at which the difficulties would require 4 rounds each.

The players who are starting at difficulty 16 instead of 15 are seeing an unintended consequence of the change. However, it is true that as player levels increase, the starting difficulty does as well. This is an aspect of the system that exists for players across all levels. We'll monitor the rewards and progress that those players are able to earn, and we can make adjustments if necessary.

The balance changes for survivors and enemies lean in favor of players in general; the increases given to melee classes are greater than those given to enemies for example, making the melee characters stronger when all of the changes are considered together. Players may have been expecting a greater increase, but we need to keep the overall balance of the game and the classes in mind.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    GrimGaelJadenRedEye52CaptainslayerclausLene
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    @Shteevie This Challenge I started also at difficulty 16. This is not intended? Should I open a support request?
  • 8N88N8 Member Posts: 164
    But why did the Rewards change as well is the point of this thread. The rewards at the start of the challenge rework was seen as a positive thing when they were introduced. 2.5 changed the rewards to something different and people do not like it. I thought they were supposed to alternate? And now they're not?
    General_Quatre
    Exactly. You should have adjusted the rewards so we would get the same stuff for the same gas/work. Instead, you've given us less (mostly talking about guild phones here, but personal rewards should have had their tiers lowered by one round or so).
    RedEye52LadyAquila
  • 1Ris1Ris Member Posts: 189
    And shooters .... body shots galore from an 8 star lvl 20-lvl 23 gear, against a lvl 15 armor ! Smh !!!
    SCBMAKaLiJadenCaptainslayer
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    Our guild used to be able to get 30 phones a week, and now only 20. How is that more incentive or even a remotely fair exchange? Players are dropping off. Bad business model, NG!
    CaptainslayerRedEye52
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    edited March 2017
    Yeah same with you guys I also noticed more bodyshots from range surviviors. Many of us who play daily and buy boosters can tell the difference in our gameplay.

Since guild rewards are not worth the gas ratio compared to outpost, been loosing many guildmates as they rather use their gas grinding TGs and buy things in the trade shop instead
    SCBMADodkong
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 470
    If starting at RSL 16 is unintended, please just fix it (as opposed to monitoring it).

If anything, the personal/guild rewards should've been accelerated, based on simple logic. Y'all went the opposite way and extended them out. I know...they've been adjusted now, but I'm still not sure you've at least brought them back in line with where they were, relatively.

Melee sucks (just when I was liking scouts again).

That is all.
    SCBMARedEye52
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 602
    Please lower our chances to get Glenn tokens,it's so annoying! He is taking too many tokens away from other heros.My guild mates complain about how often his tokens appear as well.Sorry to bring it up but he appears way more than other heros,don't even say RNG,don't wanna hear it! Seriously, I get him in token crate 2 or 3 times per challenge...
    General_Quatre淡水地鼠jimmorrison369RedEye52T_12
  • Tapatio75Tapatio75 Member Posts: 636
    @Shteevie I didnt ask for fewer "build-up" rounds, so where are my missing stars and better rewards???
    CaptainslayerJadenTransmuteJunRedEye52
  • ahboonahboon Member Posts: 13
    > @WahooDawg said:
    > If starting at RSL 16 is unintended, please just fix it (as opposed to monitoring it).
    >
    > If anything, the personal/guild rewards should've been accelerated, based on simple logic. Y'all went the opposite way and extended them out. I know...they've been adjusted now, but I'm still not sure you've at least brought them back in line with where they were, relatively.
    >
    > Melee sucks (just when I was liking scouts again).
    >
    > That is all.

> @David_H79 said:
    > @Shteevie This Challenge I started also at difficulty 16. This is not intended? Should I open a support request?

Starting at lv16 means not only losing 33 stars from lv15 stage. U will also lose 74 more stars at lv19 because u only get to play lv19 once instead of 3.
    So that's losing 107 stars in total
    WahooDawgTransmuteJun
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 470
    But now, somehow, you're supposed to be able to "shoot for even higher star totals."
    CaptainslayerRedEye52