Are you satisfied with 2.5 changes (do not consider bugs)?

Consider intended changes, which will remain.
Short reminder:
http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/24455/2-5-updates-that-were-not-mentioned

Are you satisfied with 2.5 changes (do not consider bugs)? 97 votes

Yes
6%
CarloPapacasZardoxtomducat21Jester_CGFTJCart 6 votes
No
81%
TransmuteJunFragzieNeil_JPoppyJavierGarozzeeblackhuskersoxfanKaLi[Deleted User]8900rpmblynknzBuckzzAvalon8antnadecirTapatio75Shut_UpJapes87iced1979Amazayn 79 votes
I dont care
12%
lunaranCarl_s_HatDangerBSgtSalamiSekushijimmydawiseharveylipsJackBauerSlowMowarSurvivor6ixxxarea83xx 12 votes

Comments

• paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    No
    The ONLY good to come from this update are the new challenge missions.
    Invadermostlyharmlessbababooey
  • stoneheartstoneheart Member Posts: 62
    No
    one cannot get no satisfaction...
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    Yes
    Let me caveat my answer though. Considering 2.5 as an incremental adjustment to 2.4; sure it's fine.

However, there wasn't much meat to it to actually add fresh content to excite players which is disappointing. Lets face it, sometimes updates are simply introduced for bug fixes or tied to OS upgrades which are usually represented by a "2.4.1" type update. While this update felt closer to that in terms of what was added for players to experience, I'm sure that there was some level of polish added under the hood that will hopefully pay dividends later.

Was it the 2.0 update that added outposts? That's what I'm really hoping for as a player--that "3.0" update that will really drop some interesting new mechanics to the game, but we'll see whether it happens or not.
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 293
    No
    I voted no. Now I have to grind for several months to get back to where I was pre-2.5 in regards to challenge progression. Maybe after I get lvl 21 survivors with upgraded 24 gear I can pass the 3 RSL 26 rounds, but the 3 rounds at RSL 19 will be only 1. I'll end up with 26 more stars than before once I spend months to upgrade stuff.

Challenge after 2.4 (assuming perfect rounds):
    RSL 14 - 3 x 6 + 14 = 32 / 32
    RSL 15 - 33 / 65
    RSL 16 - 34 / 99
    RSL 17 - 35 / 134
    RSL 18 - 36 / 170
    RSL 19 - 37 / 207
    RSL 19 - 37 / 244
    RSL 19 - 37 / 281
    RSL 20 - 38 / 319
    RSL 20 - 38 / 357
    RSL 20 - 38 / 395
    RSL 21 - 39 / 434
    RSL 21 - 39 / 473
    RSL 21 - 39 / 512
    RSL 22 - 40 / 552
    RSL 22 - 40 / 592
    RSL 22 - 40 / 632
    RSL 23 - 41 / 673
    RSL 23 - 41 / 714
    RSL 23 - 41 / 755
    RSL 24 - 42 / 797
    RSL 24 - 42 / 839
    RSL 24 - 42 / 881
    RSL 25 - 43 / 924
    RSL 25 - 43 / 967
    RSL 25 - 43 / 1010

Challenge after 2.5 (assuming perfect rounds):
    RSL 15 - 33 / 33
    RSL 16 - 34 / 67
    RSL 17 - 35 / 102
    RSL 18 - 36 / 138
    RSL 19 - 37 / 175
    RSL 20 - 38 / 213
    RSL 20 - 38 / 251
    RSL 20 - 38 / 289
    RSL 21 - 39 / 328
    RSL 21 - 39 / 367
    RSL 21 - 39 / 406
    RSL 22 - 40 / 446
    RSL 22 - 40 / 486
    RSL 22 - 40 / 526
    RSL 23 - 41 / 567
    RSL 23 - 41 / 608
    RSL 23 - 41 / 649
    RSL 24 - 42 / 691
    RSL 24 - 42 / 733
    RSL 24 - 42 / 775
    RSL 25 - 43 / 818
    RSL 25 - 43 / 861
    RSL 25 - 43 / 904
    RSL 26 - 44 / 948
    RSL 26 - 44 / 992
    RSL 26 - 44 / 1036

feracolyteRedEye52
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,414
    No
    The challenges changes lower stars and less radios I do not like.
    The increased walker strength and nerf to ranged I do not like.
    The supposed buff to melee I do not like (when you buff the walkers more than melee is it really a buff to melee??
    But I do like the slightly less hospital time and ability to change game name
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    yoyosSgtSalami
  • SpringChickenSpringChicken Member Posts: 145
    No
    I thought someone was working on fitting all of the radio call options into one rectangular screen?! Scrolling for radio calls is dumb.
    TransmuteJunyoyos
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    No
    No...I can barely solve a scavange mission without hospital time and the rewards are still a shame.
    Shut_Up
  • feracolyteferacolyte Member Posts: 163
    No
    i'm generally really impressed and re engaged by new patches and i actually liked the new challenge system. bumping the survivor level while maybe necessary for those of us at the endgame with no use for supplies seems like a purposeful grind. when i level my survivors to 21 i'll start the challenge at a higher level which means the starting rsl for the challenges will go up and i'll get fewer stars until i get enough base level 21 gear pieces upgraded to 24. this means that i will have fewer body shots at level 25 walkers but i will probably run into the same wall with level 26 walkers
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    No
    No, and I have therefore stopped playing this game.
    Shut_Upvshield50SgtSalami
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,410
    edited March 2017
    No
    Absolutely not.

Boring grinding has increased;
    Costs for everything are too high;
    Time for everything is too high;
    Hospital time changed from 2:15 to 2 hs and cost from 25 gold to 23 gold - too high;
    Token economy is still money or nada;
    Promised Melee improvements absolutely non-existant. Melee unplayable RSL 25+;
    Bruiser gets worse and worse;
    New weapons!? Where!?
    Outpost is a mess;
    Bugs, bugs, bugs... One week to fix stun resist was hard to swallow. The total lack of communication about the bugs even more.

I had high expectations on 2.5 but the frustration was so high that I almost quit. But I invested too much time and money and will keep going in hope of better days.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    Shut_UpKaLiHirogenxRedEye52
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    No
    My new game (that has actually been around for a long time).
    Energy - let's you play 1 area of the game.
    Stamina - let's you play another area of the game.
    Character health - is instantly healed at the end of each "mission"

Not
    Gas - is to play every part of the game.
    Health - limits you even further.

I do believe they need to start to steer the game in a different direction
    Captainslayer
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    No

No, because the challenge rewards have NOT increased to compensate for starting 1 RSL higher, even though that is what NG promised.

I think NG's logic is: We give you the ability to level your survivor to level 21, so in the end you can earn more stars although we raise the starting level higher and strengthen the walkers.
    CaptainslayerPapacasRedEye52Jaden
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 602
    No
    Higher body shot percentage and increased training costs are what pisses me off.Spent a ton of resources promotiong survivors to pink so I could have less bodyshots! Thanks...
    1Ris
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    edited March 2017
    No
    It would be nice if someone from NG would address the change in training costs for 20 to 21 survivors rather than continuing to ignore the question. "Sorry everyone, we screwed up and made the original cost too low at the bargin price of only 1.7m XP..." Any explanation, even an illogical one would be better than continued radio silence. Hello... is this thing on????
    ant
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,259
    No
    Update is pure money making. More issues. Exposed too many flaws. This game sucks now. Only play because of the guild friendships. When the walking dead runs its last show this game is flopping big time. Going back to the original. Resident Evil now. Just bought RE7 on PS4.
    BttlOpenerBuckzz
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    No
    No. If I forget about all those bugs, it is still no.
    Small buff to melee is fine, but it is negated by buff of walkers, so at the end, our survs are weaker compared to game prior 2.5.
    Increased starting RSL means, that full guild get 600(or so) less stars, rewards not adjusted accordingly, contrarily.
    Increased XP cost for training.
    And last but not least. Many of us were maxed waiting for supplies exchange and/or buildings to build/upgrade. Giving us new council, that needs 2/3 of our supplies were used before we can upgrade it(and after that, our storage was empty), so there are no more supplies to upgrade TG and WS. I can wait for WS, but now I have to wait even for TG. Only option is to buy bundle with supplies/grind with 1 minute gas(ommiting chance to get useful gear)/spent gold...terrible step from NG, which alow ppl getting lvl21 survs only if they invest real money...
    I used to spend a dime once in a while, since 2.4 it was not necesarry, cause I had enough XP for upgrading without necesity of buying full gas, but I´ll keep my wallet closed now, because of 2.5 . Maybe NG is not going to bankrupt because of that, but I dont want to support their greediness. @Shteevie can tell us otherwise million times, but 2.5 was designed to milk maxed players and thats what I dont like. And btw, because of that screwed update, we(all) are loosing guild members, cause they are fed up with this kiind of behaviour.
    RedEye52
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    I can only remember one update when the reaction wasn't overwhelmingly negative.

I guess that's the nature of the player base (including me, at times).
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    TroublemakerRocketman
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    No
    @TheLostOnes I disagree. I don't think this player base is naturally negative. I think, overall, we are passionate about this game. I think that (most of us) are happy to give praise when and where it is due, but you have to consider NG's track record. If an update is sub par, of course it is going to receive negative feedback. You can't put the onus on the player base for that.
    GrimGaelRedEye52
    No

I can only remember one update when the reaction wasn't overwhelmingly negative.

I guess that's the nature of the player base (including me, at times).

I respectfully disagree.

We complain because we have high expectations. We have high expectations because the improvements needed are quite OBVIOUS for those who play daily. We frustrate because developer refuses to see it and choses a whole different way, disrespecting all the time and money players have invested in the game.

Mavericks Guild Family
  • ZardoxZardox Member Posts: 119
    Yes
    When is NG going to improve bruisers and warriors to make them worth using at higher levels. This update did nothing. As far as the costs go for upgrades I think all the bitching about can storage caused NG to up the cost so it will be awhile before anyone gets maxed out.
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    @paintbeast and @rfg1982 I'm confused, are you saying that the player base reaction has NOT been overwhelmingly negative after almost every update?

I think the player base (including myself) has a very critical approach to the changes that NG make. I haven't counted and categorized all the posts made since 2.5 but I'm sure there are at least 3 or 4 negative ones for each one that praises. That's the nature of the customer in general and this forum in particular. Sometimes the reaction goes too far, sometimes it's justified.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    Shut_Up1Ris
    No

@paintbeast and @rfg1982 I'm confused, are you saying that the player base reaction has NOT been overwhelmingly negative after almost every update?

I think the player base (including myself) has a very critical approach to the changes that NG make. I haven't counted and categorized all the posts made since 2.5 but I'm sure there are at least 3 or 4 negative ones for each one that praises. That's the nature of the customer in general and this forum in particular. Sometimes the reaction goes too far, sometimes it's justified.

I totally agree reactions were negative. But that is because the update is really bad, and not because being negative and complaining is the nature of the player base.

I could pinpoint what was supposed to IMPROVE according to this http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/23896/update-notes-2-5#latest and that has NOT improved.

I really don't understand NG decisions with 2.5. They definitely have their reasons. Making the never ending grinding game joyful for the players is probably not one of them.
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Thanks for all the feedback. As always, it's very much appreciated.
    JackBauerTJCartJadengcheong85VudnikMasterX