Samsung S7 & S5 drop outs/reconnecting all the time over WiFi

MURDERTR4INMURDERTR4IN Member Posts: 18
Hello,
I work in IT, I have been through 2x new Asus routers recently, the most recent costing my upwards of $500.

Reason I bought this router is my partner & I have both been having issues playing The Walking Dead over Wifi on our Samsung mobiles.

I have the latest S7, She has the S5.

Both of us have no issues anywhere else on the network, I have a fast 100MB fibre connection.. There is certainly no problems with my connection.. I can play your game on my Apple tablet just fine on the same network.. yet both our Samsung phones lose connection to your game all the time, say 2-3+ times per half hour.

Sadly we are both about to give up. Coming to you for support as a last resort, maybe others with Samsung phones are having an issues over WiFi?
foxx70T_12kjmia421

Comments

• Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
    Samsung S7 user here. I can attest. Chronic connection/dropping/reloading issues on wifi, where my previous HTC One M8 worked flawlessly. I dont get "check your connection" messages or anything like that, just straight up drops, and restarts.
    ToyBoxkjmia421
  • ZorbeeZorbee Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem on HTC One...its seriously annoying!Im playing the game about 10 months now,and its just getting worst during the last few weeks!I looked up on forums, and loads of ppl have the same issue!Why does NG not doing anything about this?Im loosing my patient and thinking about uninstall the game,tho i have my own guild...
    What a shame!Ppl actualy spent money to play this game
    ToyBoxkjmia421
  • ToyBoxToyBox Member Posts: 3
    Nexus 5X game stops and resets constantly when on WiFi. Seems to be stable when on mobile data. Driving me crazy.
    T_12kjmia421
  • T_12T_12 Member Posts: 728
    edited April 2017
    @MURDERTR4IN I think all this is proof enough to say for sure that NG has no cure....
    The only way to survive a mad world is to embrace the madness.
    kjmia421
  • Gobold69Gobold69 Member Posts: 104
    Also can confirm same issue on wifi with apple iPad mini and iPhone 7
    kjmia421
  • skiloskilo Member Posts: 6
    I have an S7 and I haven't been able to even connect for 5 days. I am stuck on the first screen and it says it connecting but it never does.
    kjmia421
  • T_12T_12 Member Posts: 728
    @skilo is your internet connection working as it should?
    The only way to survive a mad world is to embrace the madness.
  • kjmia421kjmia421 Member Posts: 57

Hello,
    I work in IT, I have been through 2x new Asus routers recently, the most recent costing my upwards of $500.

Reason I bought this router is my partner & I have both been having issues playing The Walking Dead over Wifi on our Samsung mobiles.

I have the latest S7, She has the S5.

Both of us have no issues anywhere else on the network, I have a fast 100MB fibre connection.. There is certainly no problems with my connection.. I can play your game on my Apple tablet just fine on the same network.. yet both our Samsung phones lose connection to your game all the time, say 2-3+ times per half hour.

Sadly we are both about to give up. Coming to you for support as a last resort, maybe others with Samsung phones are having an issues over WiFi?

Phalanx44 said:

Samsung S7 user here. I can attest. Chronic connection/dropping/reloading issues on wifi, where my previous HTC One M8 worked flawlessly. I dont get "check your connection" messages or anything like that, just straight up drops, and restarts.

Zorbee said:

I have the same problem on HTC One...its seriously annoying!Im playing the game about 10 months now,and its just getting worst during the last few weeks!I looked up on forums, and loads of ppl have the same issue!Why does NG not doing anything about this?Im loosing my patient and thinking about uninstall the game,tho i have my own guild...
    What a shame!Ppl actualy spent money to play this game

ToyBox said:

Nexus 5X game stops and resets constantly when on WiFi. Seems to be stable when on mobile data. Driving me crazy.

Gobold69 said:

Also can confirm same issue on wifi with apple iPad mini and iPhone 7

skilo said:

I have an S7 and I haven't been able to even connect for 5 days. I am stuck on the first screen and it says it connecting but it never does.

I can definitely empathize with everyone who is having this issue, as I have an iPad Air 2 that I've always used to play the game from the time I first started to now, which has never had a problem with the constant reconnecting and disconnecting (literally constant - during missions, challenges, scavenging, picking tomatoes (lol), upgrading, etc.) until the past several days, about a week or so. It is beyond aggravating and I have tried all available methods to fix the issue thinking it was somehow related to my wifi to no avail, not no mention my wifi has worked/is working perfectly fine on every other device connected to it. @Shteevie @Teeceezy heeelllllppppp
    Player Level: 53 ~ Guild: ourgroup - Rank: Leader