Quarry Junction - Official Discussion Thread

New challenge starts in 30 minutes! Let us know what you think down below. Please see the changes in guild reward tiers we made.
Andreabast3Tapatio75rmora12

Comments

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 2,892
    edited March 2017
    A few thoughts about rewards (thoughts about the challenge itself forthcoming):

1. Thank you for being responsive to the feedback about challenge rewards!

2. Has anything been done to change individual rewards at higher levels? As @TransmuteJun and others have pointed out, the removal of an early challenge round (usually ~32 stars) can make a pretty big difference when players get to the challenge rewards around 800-1000 stars.

3. For everyone's reference, here are the old guild challenge rewards, as posted by @quitJOSHin.

60 = 400 TG
    180 = 400 TG
    600 = 450 TG
    1200 = 5 Radios
    1800 = 500 TG
    2400 = 550 TG
    3200 = 5 Radios
    4000 = 600 TG
    4800 = 700 TG
    5600 = 10 Radios
    6800 = 800 TG
    8000 = 1000 TG
    9200 = 10 Radios
    10400 = 1000 TG
    11800 = 1000 TG
    13400 = 10 Radios
    15000 = 1000 TG
    16600 = 1000 TG
    18200 = 10 Radios

2.4 except first week

60 = 400 TG
    180 = 400 TG
    600 = 5 Radios
    1200 = 450 TG
    1800 = 5 Radios
    2400 = 450 TG
    3200 = 5 Radios
    4000 = 600 TG
    4800 = 5 Radios
    5600 = 600 TG
    6800 = 10 Radios
    8000 = 1000 TG
    9200 = 1000 TG
    10400 = 10 Radios
    11800 = 1000 TG
    13400 = 1000 TG
    15000 = 10 Radios
    16600 = 1000 TG
    18200 = 1000 TG
    19800 = 10 Radios

If radio rewards are shifted one round earlier, we should be seeing something like:

60 = 400 TG
    180 = 400 TG
    600 = 5 Radios
    1200 = 450 TG
    1800 = 500 TG
    2400 = 5 Radios
    3200 = 550 TG
    4000 = 600 TG
    4800 = 10 Radios
    5600 = 700 TG
    6800 = 800 TG
    8000 = 10 Radios
    9200 = 1000 TG
    10400 = 10 Radios
    11800 = 1000 TG
    13400 = 1000 TG
    15000 = 10 Radios
    16600 = 1000 TG
    18200 = 1000 TG
    TeeceezyquitJOSHinJadenbast3romeo
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,531
    Awesome.

-----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    General_QuatreT_12
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,029
    I love new content. Some interesting maps after first play through. I think "Army of 3" may become my favorite map in this challenge,
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    ggbatsT_12
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    This one looks like it could get tough rather quickly.

@Teeceezy @Shteevie - If you have level 21 survivors, I can confirm that you start at RSL 16 not RSL 15.
    PigNCDawgFanbast3WeekOne
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Thanks @paintbeast !
    It looks like at the higher levels you need to time it so you shoot the exploders once they are close to the fatties in a few of the missions (Quarry Gate and Quarry Crossroad)
    I'm lost.

1Risbast3
    @paintbeast
    I have only two (assault) level21 survivor so far and I had to start at rsl 15
    -----------------
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    @JackBauer
    Shteevie said yesterday in "Starting level of challenge will raise with the first lvl 21 survivor/hero?" that at level 20 or 21 challenges should start at RSL 15.
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    @zbot I'm reporting you for manipulating the code!!!! I might have believed that you got that without any help had it not been at the "you got 6 stars" crate!!

Just kidding on the manipulating code but I beat the next piece of gear I get will be armor with the wrestler on it.
  • quitJOSHinquitJOSHin Member Posts: 134
    @JayZ I had the same thing happen to me. Luckily my assault took it like a champ without even getting bruised.
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,198
    Maybe it's because i'm a rodent but i never receive those damn 21 weapons. Not even in the jackpot weekend. when i have luck one of those 21 epic as today in my first deluxe crate :(
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    T_12
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 917

@JayZ I had the same thing happen to me. Luckily my assault took it like a champ without even getting bruised.

An Assault "taking it like a champ", eh? Must've been Abe.

I'm also at starting RSL 15 (with 2 level 21s). I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw it, but obviously some players have a discrepancy which needs to be addressed, @Teeceezy
    JayZJadenT_12
  • TWDSkutterTWDSkutter Member Posts: 160
    I don't have a single lvl 21 (just started training ground) upgrade but the starting lvl has gone up to 15 (from 14 last week) presumable due to my lvl change to 59.

Seriously I have been really patient with the problems lately but making this a chunk harder JUST BECAUSE I CAN NOW GROW MORE TOMATOES is ludicrous. If you are not going to tie difficulty to survivors then you are just punishing (for a few challenges) upgrades.

You really need to start thinking a bit more about the frustrations you are building in ... you want me to buy your stuff but you provide me an environment I am wondering about whether I want to be in - very peculiar business model.
    This space for rent

["Retribution" guild ... email [email protected] for info]
    iced1979

I don't have a single lvl 21 (just started training ground) upgrade but the starting lvl has gone up to 15 (from 14 last week) presumable due to my lvl change to 59.

Seriously I have been really patient with the problems lately but making this a chunk harder JUST BECAUSE I CAN NOW GROW MORE TOMATOES is ludicrous. If you are not going to tie difficulty to survivors then you are just punishing (for a few challenges) upgrades.

You really need to start thinking a bit more about the frustrations you are building in ... you want me to buy your stuff but you provide me an environment I am wondering about whether I want to be in - very peculiar business model.

There are a ton of valid complaints about the update, but this is not one of them. You are wrong that your increase in camp level caused an increase in RSL for you. You probably started at level 15 last week too because all high level players had +1 added to their starting challenge RSL in update 2.5.

From the update notes: "The Starting Difficulty for players in mid-to-high levels has been increased slightly. Players will be able to get into the meaty difficulty levels with one fewer "warm-up" round."
    crambert_nec
  • mimicamimica Member Posts: 243
    > @ahboon said:
    > i start at lv16 too. Damn. I though losing 32 stars because I start at lv15 last challenge was bad.
    > Now starting at lv16, I will be losing 65stars

You're going to lose more than that because the triple rounds will start in lv20 not in lv19
    Black_Jack
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 2,669
    I think we are going to start to hate this challenge pretty soon...

And I wish you would bring back different objectives for getting 3 stars (like finish in x rounds). I really liked that.

Surprise spawn... Not so much. :p
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits, Elder in Morbid Saints and Morbid Souls

Morbid Survivors are looking for you!
    Invader
  • TWDSkutterTWDSkutter Member Posts: 160
    @JayZ sorry wrong, definitely started at 14 last week. The only change this week is my lvl. The potential loss of 3 levels (due to earlier hitting of my base lvl) drops a pile of stars for me. Whether deliberate, a bug or 'balancing' this is the reduction in part of the game for me - not a welcome change.

I probably haven't played the game as much as many but I haven't seen such comprehensive dissatisfaction previously. Even overhyped free stuff (useless flamethrower) seems to have been included to disappoint.

The end of season coming up is likely (hope I'm wrong) to stop any new content for a while. Let's try not to piss off the loyal players meantime.

Really have been taking issues in good humour to now but the challenge starting change is NOT a logical one especially as "hitting higher rewards earlier" seems to be a lie.
    This space for rent

["Retribution" guild ... email [email protected] for info]

@JayZ sorry wrong, definitely started at 14 last week. The only change this week is my lvl. The potential loss of 3 levels (due to earlier hitting of my base lvl) drops a pile of stars for me. Whether deliberate, a bug or 'balancing' this is the reduction in part of the game for me - not a welcome change.

I probably haven't played the game as much as many but I haven't seen such comprehensive dissatisfaction previously. Even overhyped free stuff (useless flamethrower) seems to have been included to disappoint.

The end of season coming up is likely (hope I'm wrong) to stop any new content for a while. Let's try not to piss off the loyal players meantime.

Really have been taking issues in good humour to now but the challenge starting change is NOT a logical one especially as "hitting higher rewards earlier" seems to be a lie.

Well, that's odd. You should have started at RSL 15 last week if you were a maxed out player before 2.5. I'll just attribute it to one of the many bugs from this update.

I agree 100% with most of the rest of your points.
    > @Teeceezy said:
    > No words @zbot? Also make sure @JackBauer doesn't see that..

If it would be at least level21.
    But level20 rare is double face slap.
    Then I prefer the 36k xp that I got consistently during the last challange.
    -----------------
    Yeah, The Odds is gonna be a real bitch at the higher levels.
    I'm lost.

1RisggbatsPig
  • Mais88Mais88 Member Posts: 344
    Super hard. I like it...
    T_12gespuer