Rufus???

I heard that Rufus is the second most commonly used survivor behind Daryl. I'm just curious, is this true? Do you all use Rufus a lot? Is he a favorite?

I ask because I have yet to meet a player that uses Rufus. Perhaps it is due to playing in high level guilds and higher players don't find much use for him but he seems like the least useful survivor in my cabinet.

What are everyone's thoughts on Rufus?
T_12vabuda1BaseEcoTheBRADLeyBAngieMatheson

Comments

• WalkerballzWalkerballz Member Posts: 1,896
    I use him in the outpost occasionally
    Don't hate the black, don't hate the white, if you get bitten , just hate the bite! ....... Sly Stone
    Please join us
    Jade333JackBauerT_12
  • Jade333Jade333 Member Posts: 93
    I agree @TJCart
    However, Daryl is actually worth using, free or not. Rufus really isn't worth using. In fact, I wish they would allow us to trash heroes. I would get rid of him.

I can understand newer players unlocking the assault class for the first time and getting him and wanting to use him if they don't have any other assaults in their arsenal but he's really a poorly constructed player.
    zeowerusT_12
    @Walkerballz LOL, about the only place I leave him too, the outpost.....
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    Jade333 said:

Daryl is actually worth using, free or not. Rufus really isn't worth using.

Hence why Daryl is #1 and Rufus is #2. Also to put it in perspective, to a new player, a Rare Assault character will probably be much better damage and utility wise than the common and uncommon Scouts and Bruisers that they're currently using. Plus "Hero" sounds cool! Heck let me use this "hero"-guy instead of these generic survivors even though I've never heard of him in TWD. Oh wait, did Chris Hardwick mention him once? Well he must be good then!
    T_12
    Yes I agree the newer players may have better use for him because he is free @TJCart .

However, we would love to be able to delete him.
    Besides, Chris Hardwick is awesome. I wish they dedicated a better player in his honor.
    T_12WalkerballzAngieMatheson
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    I would bet Rufus made #2 because of the Underdog event.
    Jade333PigT_12Walkerballz
  • Mais88Mais88 Member Posts: 348
    Could someone explain to me in a mathematical or rational reason why Rufus supposedly sucks? For comparison I have both Rosita and him at level 19, 4 stars. Equipped with the same weopan Rufus has a 2 pt advantage. Sure Rosita has marksman trait doing 10% more damage, but how isn't a guaranteed extra charge point for ALL fighters upon spawning and 12% more health for all of them less of an advantage? Wouldn't he be more useful- especially against higher levelled walkers when more bodyshots would occur compared to Rosita who's trait is only against one enemy?

Any rational explanation, other than he's a drunk, or you hate the Talking Dead would be most appreciated.

For the record I hardly use him since I have Abe and a 5 star ahead of him..Thanks...
    crambert_necbigbeanoJadenT_12
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,220
    @Jade333 the character Rufus is designed by Chris hardwick himself and his image is based on that of chris great grandfather. He was a mountain man hillbilly who loved moonshine lol. He isn't a bad hero if improved to epic level and once the legendary Dixieland BBQ comes out he will be formidable!
    1RisJade333JadenT_12Walkerballz
    edited March 2017
    Well you guys are the only ones I know that like this guy. I really think they could have made a better player for him and a more useful hero trait. That's cool. I was just curious what the general consensus was and apparently I was wrong. Thanks for the input @xbamfx

I love the emo responses from the others too LOL

'Rufus is awesome but I don't use him because I have Abe..... 'yeah, my point exactly.
    If he were so great you would be using him all the time.
    zeowerusT_12Walkerballz
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Mais88 said:

Could someone explain to me in a mathematical or rational reason why Rufus supposedly sucks?

Just to be clear, I never said he sucks. I only said the claim that "He's the second most used character" is silly and does nothing to prove that he's good.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    jimmorrison369GrimGaelAngieMatheson
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 602
    Maybe more people use Rufus than some might think.Many lower level players use him cuz they have no other assault yet.I really don't use him hardly ever since I have better options.His traits seem better for outpost really though,the leader trait is better than some other heros IMO.
    Jade333
    I think his trait is amongst the worst available.

I have no problems saying it.... he sucks.
    zeowerusT_12Walkerballz
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,161
    I have legendary Daryl permanent in the outpost for his retaliate.

I used Rifus only one time...
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    T_12
  • carlos1981carlos1981 Member Posts: 346
    Rufus doesn't do enough damage. As a result he never gets charged, barely 1 point, let alone enough to stun.

So, I'm confused to how people make use of him at higher levels.

When i try that, i get swarmed as the damage is too low.

Swap him out for Abe, and I'm able to benefit from a Assault in leader slot

Maybe, it'll change if i get him to Epic - Rosita and Abe are for me.
    T_12Jade333
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Just remember the old saying:

There are lies, there are damn lies, and there are statistics!
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    T_12ArtisansTJCart
  • vabuda1vabuda1 Member Posts: 80
    I have a regular assault survivor I use for the majority..after that I use Rosita and Abraham before I'd think to use Rufus. He just dies too quickly for me, that's why I don't typically use him. I will get desperate once all my guys in hospital though...and like another said he was awesome when he first came out with his reckoning weapon...then all of the sudden he sucked really bad.
    Jade333
  • T_12T_12 Member Posts: 712
    Rufus = Useless! Still don't understand why Chris Hardwick took all the pain only to create the worst TWDNML hero that could ever be!!!
    Alive!
    Jade333Shut_UpAnarchi
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Also, everybody's yuckyucking it up about Hillbilly this and that. I have divided thoughts about it, being a hillbilly descended from hillbillies. On the one hand, I know the history of our people, warts and heroes. I hear Harwick has the same pedigree and I hope he's proud of his ancestors. But it feeds into the worst stereotypes, regardless if Hardwick's gramps was a caricature or not.
    Would people feel as comfortable with a comparable Jewish cartoon? An African one? A Hispanic one? An inner city one?
    I'm quite used to this concept, that it's fine to make fun of hillbillies and rednecks (actually different terms) but is it really?
    Maybe at epic I'll use him, or not. But I don't see his tokens in regular pulls and I tried a few 10 calls (with predictable results) so maybe I'll never know.
    JadenArtisansPiganniesprinklesTJCart
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 805
    I've never used him. He's too hard for me to level up, and I never place the hero-centric radio calls. I always do the the "Choose From 3" 15 Radio calls. I'll take hero tokens if they're too good to pass up, ie. if they turn at 128 or 256 and the rest of the pulls are 32 for non-heros.
    ggbatsJade333Neil_J
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,710
    I have an alt account that I use for testing, and I received Rufus and Daryl for free. I've been managing over 150+ stars and can keep going, in the current challenge with level 2 survivors (Rufus (lead position), common scout, Daryl: all level 2 survivors). so for newer players I would agree that Rufus rocks. Having access to an assault survivor in the beginning of the game is really great. So if you are a new player, I imagine Rufus gets used a lot. I gained new insights to the game.
    JadenOvidmikelJade333T_12
    edited April 2017
    @zbot
    I think this is exactly right zbot. I didn't have Rufus as a new player when I started the game so I imagine if I had an assault before I could unlock the assault class I would probably love using him at a player level of 6.

For those of us maxed out and at a higher level, he is utterly the worst survivor in the catalog.

I don't care about the hillbilly thing, that has never bothered me. I just really like Chris Hardwick and I'm not sure he is aware how much they made his grandfather inspired player absolutely suck.

The free gun they gave us for him last week is GREEN for cripes sake. Does anyone waste xp on greens these days?
    @tabernac said:
    > I've never used him. He's too hard for me to level up, and I never place the hero-centric radio calls. I always do the the "Choose From 3" 15 Radio calls. I'll take hero tokens if they're too good to pass up, ie. if they turn at 128 or 256 and the rest of the pulls are 32 for non-heros.

Tabernac, don't bother upgrading him. He's not worth it.
    AngieMatheson
    > @carlos1981 said:
    > Rufus doesn't do enough damage. As a result he never gets charged, barely 1 point, let alone enough to stun.
    >
    > So, I'm confused to how people make use of him at higher levels.
    >

That's because we don't make use of him because he is useless at higher levels Carlos:)
    @T_12 said:
    > Rufus = Useless! Still don't understand why Chris Hardwick took all the pain only to create the worst TWDNML hero that could ever be!!!

LOL T_12
    EXACTLY!

This guy gets it.
    MizTyBiraju_MAVERICKST_12