New Survivor Type - Citizen

Let's face it, not everyone's born a warrior. Some aren't good with conflict, faint at the sight of blood, hate gore, or just prefer the safety of inside the walls. In the Walking Dead TV show, we have tons of examples of farmers, doctors, etc., that are very rarely seen leaving their respective communities. They're citizens! Citizens help their communities thrive and strive, with everything that doesn't involve head-bashing and zombie killing.

Citizens would add a new aspect to the game, and would be a sort of NPC (non-playable character), meaning they're there, but can go on missions or such.

You're Probably thinking: "Okay? what do they do then?"

In this thread, I willl be discussing the 5 buildings citizens could work at:
-Farms
-Tents
-Hospital
-Training Grounds
-Workshop

Town Citizens are collectible like our survivors, and some are better than others depending on their rarity. They can be found in radio calls, for 5 Radio's or more, for a 30% chance of getting one in your call. If you do find a citizen, there is a 45% chance they are a one-star, common level; a 40% they are a two-star, Uncommon; 10% they are a three-star, Rare; and a 5% chance they are a five-star, Legendary. Unlike Survivors, they can not be upgraded or assigned weapons or gear, but, like survivors they'll even have their own class, where they will work better and more efficiently if placed at the correct building. They boost the production/storage of the building they're assigned at, for the duration they're assigned there for. Legendary citizens are ones that are seen in the TV show and/or in the comics, and they will receive higher percentage change (as in skills) than the Rare level and below Citizens. There is only one legendary assigned to each trait. Listed below is the traits a citizen could wield, common (C) would have the lowest percentage, followed by uncommon (UC), followed by rare (R), and then legendary (L):

-Increased Farm Production (+2% to +10%) -- [+2% (C), +3% (UC), +5% (R), +10% (L)]
-Increased Farm Storage (+2% to +10%) -- [+2% (C), +3% (UC), +5% (R), +10% (L)]
-Increased Tent Production (+2% to +10%) -- [+2% (C), +3% (UC), +5% (R), +10% (L)]
-Increased Tent Storage (+2% to +10%) -- [+2% (C), +3% (UC), +5% (R), +10% (L)]
-Hospital Time Reduction (-2% to -10%) -- [-2% (C), -3% (UC), -5% (R), -10% (L)]
-Hospital Healing Speed (-5% to -20%) -- [-4% (C), -7% (UC), -10% (R), -20% (L)]
-Reduced Hospital Healing Cost (-5% to -25%) -- [-5% (C), -8% (UC), -12.5% (R), -25% (L)]
-Training Time Reduction (-2% to -10%) -- [-2% (C), -3% (UC), -5% (R), -10% (L)]
-Training XP Cost Reduction (-2% to -10%) -- [-2% (C), -3% (UC), -5% (R), -10% (L)]
-Training Skip Cost (-5% to -25%) -- [-5% (C), -8% (UC), -12.5% (R), -25% (L)]
-Workshop Time Reduction (-2% to -10%) -- [-2% (C), -3% (UC), -5% (R), -10% (L)]
-Workshop XP Cost Reduction (-2% to -10%) -- (-2% to -10%) -- [-2% (C), -3% (UC), -5% (R), -10% (L)]
-Workshop Skip Cost (-5% to -25%) -- [-5% (C), -8% (UC), -12.5% (R), -25% (L)]

At each of the buildings listed above, there will be 3 slots for you to hire an individual to take on the job. The first is free throughout all buildings, but the 2nd and 3rd comes at a price. The 2nd slot would cost 100 Gold and the third would be 250 Gold (This way, NG can make money off it). This also indicates the amount of citizens you can have at your camp. Since there is only one legendary per trait, the production and storage wouldn't get super OP. However, lets say at a farm, if you wanted to completely maximize the production, you could have one legendary and two rares, which would give the equivalent of two legendaries, or +20% production for that ONE farm. The formula for each maximum stat is: (L) + (R x 2) = Max. Stat., with L meaning legendary stat and R meaning rare stat.

Here are the following legendary citizens, as well as their trait:
Hershel Greene, Farmer - Increased Farm Production, +10%
Lilly Chambler, Farmer - Increased Farm Storage, +10%
Enid, Citizen [Alexandria] - Increased Tent Production, +10%
Heath, Citizen [Alexandria] - Increased Tent Storage, +10%
Dr. Harlan Carson, Doctor [Hilltop Colony] - Hospital Time Reduction, -10%
Denise Cloyd, Doctor [Alexandria] - Hospital Healing Speed, -20%
Pete Anderson, Doctor [Alexandria] - Reduced Hospital Healing Cost, -25%
Kal, Trainer [Hilltop] - Training Time Reduction,
Andrea, Trainer - Training XP Cost Reduction
Spencer Monroe, Trainer - Training Skip Cost
[Undecided] - Workshop Time Reduction
Earl Sutton, Smith [Hilltop Colony] - Workshop XP Cost Reduction
[Undecided] - Workshop Skip Cost

Be sure to leave a comment if you like this idea or have any questions. If you think youd like to see this implemented, tag a moderator :smile:
Thanks for your time,

WW
Come join the Hells Family!!
deb1hdekimhclewstick_ninjasplaggbast3falowynTHCrossCaptainslayerT_12RuffianHuman3001Kick_assWalkerballzmellow_93black_nines

Comments

• falowynfalowyn Member Posts: 75
    This is an excellent idea exactly as stated. Well put WalkerWarrior.

A possible variant of the idea could be to give *all* existing Hero survivors the ability to work in a building.
    Each hero can have a small secondary hero buff that activates when staffing a structure.

This can give players a stronger incentive to acquire and upgrade the growing number of heroes in the game, including the ones that are not traditionally thought of as leaders for missions, like Eugene or Father Gabriel.
    WalkerWarriorCaptainslayer
  • WhispererWhisperer Member Posts: 103
    i have my citizens theyre names are Rick,Neegan,Rufus...
    WalkerWarriorCaptainslayer
  • walkerneganwalkernegan Member Posts: 2
    Sounds like a good idea but I wouldn't want citizens to compete with hero's for tokens, it's bad enough already trying to get hero tokens
  • WalkerWarriorWalkerWarrior Member Posts: 46
    > @falowyn said:
    > This is an excellent idea exactly as stated. Well put WalkerWarrior.
    >
    > A possible variant of the idea could be to give *all* existing Hero survivors the ability to work in a building.
    > Each hero can have a small secondary hero buff that activates when staffing a structure.
    >
    > This can give players a stronger incentive to acquire and upgrade the growing number of heroes in the game, including the ones that are not traditionally thought of as leaders for missions, like Eugene or Father Gabriel.

sounds great! thanks!
    > @walkernegan said:
    > Sounds like a good idea but I wouldn't want citizens to compete with hero's for tokens, it's bad enough already trying to get hero tokens

good point, maybe we could acquire them some other way? maybe they'll randomly show up at the gate? Thanks!
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,424
    So you want further dilution of the radio/token pull?? For someone that is barely useful really??
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    > @Captainslayer said:
    > So you want further dilution of the radio/token pull?? For someone that is barely useful really??

No there is no token pool for these guys. They aren't upgradable, nor do they require tokens to unlock. Same as unlocking normal survivors in the game minus the tokens
    T_12bigmac
  • T_12T_12 Member Posts: 728
    @WalkerWarrior At first I thought this would be some bullshit, but then I was wrong! I continued reading your superb explanation on how the 'Citizens' work, and it really is Awesome!! But I don't very much agree on Heath and Andrea... These guys fight!
    The only way to survive a mad world is to embrace the madness.
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,424
    If it's a seperate way other than radio call to get them or a completely seperate radio call to get them I like the idea
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    ekimhclew
  • Human3001Human3001 Member Posts: 103
    By far the best idea to improve the game I've read in this forum until today.
    Mavericks UC
    > @T_12 said:
    > @WalkerWarrior At first I thought this would be some bullshit, but then I was wrong! I continued reading your superb explanation on how the 'Citizens' work, and it really is Awesome!! But I don't very much agree on Heath and Andrea... These guys fight!

Thank you so much! I agree 100% with you about Heath and Andrea, thanks for thé feed-back
    > @Human3001 said:
    > By far the best idea to improve the game I've read in this forum until today.

that means a lot, thanks! Tag a moderator :)
  • T_12T_12 Member Posts: 728
    The only way to survive a mad world is to embrace the madness.
  • bigmacbigmac Member Posts: 131
    That was beautifully written and very well thought out. I'm very much like the idea of having the workers or civilians. If you look at your camp your team just keeps walking from building to building and they do nothing except to wear out a dirt path. I often move my buildings around just to Shake It Up like an ant farm.
    T_12
  • bigmacbigmac Member Posts: 131
    HELLS INC