Leader traits of King Ezekiel been adjusted?

Just noticed the changes
T_12

Comments

• General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,457
    Retaliate is now guaranteed but the damage bonus has been decreased which is better I believe
    General_Quatre
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    edited April 2017
    When it says "more damage"... More damage than what? Normal?

My assault retaliated vs a Lvl 21 normal Walker who took me for 500 damage and I retaliated 244. His atk is 1986 base.

Should it be 27% more damage than that?

Don't get me wrong. This gives everyone retaliate which is awesome. It's a 6th trait on my ranged!

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,020
    TJCart said:

Clearly, it's more damage relative to their original retaliate damage. So in the instance of survivors which do not originally have retaliate, they are doing XX% more than 0. As we all know this still equals 0, so we get a handy dandy little retaliate animation with no damage. As if the survivor is "bopping" the zed on the head saying "Shame on you, boy!" in retaliation for getting their flesh ripped off.

Haha, thank you, that makes sense. I had been testing Ezekiel's trait on my ranged survivors without Retaliate, and didn't think about how Ezekiel would affect my melee survivors that already had Retaliate.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
  • TerminatesTerminates Content Creator Posts: 934
    @JayZ Have you successfully tested it working correctly?

I have been trying to get it to trigger and purposely getting hit, but I haven't had it trigger at all yet. :/

Need some visual stimulation?
    Click HERE to view my Youtube channel. Watch for quick updates and early announcements regarding our beloved TWD NML game.
    Join the EH family and party with me!
    DotMatrix
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    @Terminates my shooter made Retaliate
    Damage around 800
    I thought the way it supposed to work is....if one survivor gets hit....then all 3 survivors will shoot the walker together. So that means, the walker needs to be a pretty high level so that it will show 3 survivors attacking it during retaliate.

I haven't seen that happen yet.

Click HERE to view my Youtube channel. Watch for quick updates and early announcements regarding our beloved TWD NML game.
    jammin
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,012
    edited April 2017
    I liked it a lot.

Now they have to fix some others:

Morgan - increase the % by a large margin. It's too low to be playable. At high RSL you get hit and die/struggle, so it is useless as it is now.
    Negan - increase the % a little bit. As it is, you only use it with 50% life, usually one hit away from death. Compare it to Abraham or Jesus and it looks weak.
    Carol - increase the % by a little margin. It rarely helps at high RSL.
    Rick - bring back the old trait. Current trait makes no sense to be honest. Also add something interesting to it like you did to some other Hero traits. Rick deserves better.
    Tara - lower the % a little bit but make it tricky and capable of true healing, including avoiding hospital and replenishing red to green bar. PS.: getting bruised is a lost star. Don't change this as it will turn into exploit.
    Mavericks Guild Family
    KillersZWeekOne
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,347
    My hunter on my alt account, 26 damage. Retaliate was survivor specific only the one being damaged retaliates @Terminates .

Level 2 hunter with level 4 upgraded gear, against RSL 8.
    So basically the way it works....regardless of whether or not the survivor has retaliate or not....if any one of them are attacked, they will retaliate against their attacker.

I guess the wording on the description is vague to me. It sounds as if it's saying, if survivor is attacked, all 3 of the survivors will retaliate.

• TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,012
    edited April 2017

So basically the way it works....regardless of whether or not the survivor has retaliate or not....if any one of them are attacked, they will retaliate against their attacker.

I guess the wording on the description is vague to me. It sounds as if it's saying, if survivor is attacked, all 3 of the survivors will retaliate.

Trait description has never been NG's strongest "trait".

Old Rick was crap and current Rick is still unclear, for example.

Mavericks Guild Family
    Terminates
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,395
    Retaliate still means injury at higher levels and the warrior bonus was so miniscule (to my heartbreak) I won't be using this hero or even unlocking him until/ if warriors are made usable again
    Terminates
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,020
    @Terminates Yeah, your most recent post is correct. Having Ezekiel in your leader slot basically means each of your survivors will individually retaliate against any walker that attacks them. It basically gives all of your survivors an extra (very weak) Retaliate trait.

What you proposed (all three retaliate against the same walker) would have been pretty awesome and interesting to play with. The only issue with it is that it would maybe run into issues if you have melee survivors or ranged survivors out of range.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
  • FragzieFragzie Member Posts: 584
    edited April 2017
    Chances the trait description will change again?

47%, 31%, 27%!!

Nerfed!!

• bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 595
    edited April 2017
    Seems like it doesn't always work so far..
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    @Fragzie I think you're comparing the trait at level 2 vs level 4

I'm assuming what they're trying to say is, with Ezekiel as leader, your other two survivors get to retaliate for XX% damage, but if they already have the retaliate trait, it's damage is increased by the XX% shown

This sounds pretty good to me
    JayZjimmorrison369Fragzie
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    edited April 2017
    DoTak said:

@Fragzie I think you're comparing the trait at level 2 vs level 4

I'm assuming what they're trying to say is, with Ezekiel as leader, your other two survivors get to retaliate for XX% damage, but if they already have the retaliate trait, it's damage is increased by the XX% shown

This sounds pretty good to me

Ezekiel's trait does seem to add damage if a survivor already has retaliate from my anecdotal experience. I'm not trying to get damaged, so I haven't done a scientific study yet, but I will see if I can get some numbers next time.

Edit to add: To be clear, it does not change the mechanics of the Retaliate trait. Only the survivor who is damaged will retaliate.

But it adds Retaliate at the specified percentage to survivors who don't have the trait, including ranged, and seems to increase damage for survivors who do already have Retaliate.
    RedEye52
  • AnielAniel Member Posts: 96
    How much is the damage returned?

100% base + XX?
    XX of base damage?
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    At last, a useful leader trait to add to a tragically short list of useful leader traits!
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    RedEye52ggbatsbigbeano
  • jamminjammin Member Posts: 55
    anybody know if Ezekiel's trait is supposed to work in outpost defense? One of my guild mates said he's seen Ezekiel in outposts twice but the other defenders didn't retaliate.
  • GarretGarret Member Posts: 133
    it works even for survivors with no retaliate (outpost offense)
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 242
    jammin said:

anybody know if Ezekiel's trait is supposed to work in outpost defense? One of my guild mates said he's seen Ezekiel in outposts twice but the other defenders didn't retaliate.

That's a good reason not being able to see your outpost defense in action is a bad design decision. We can only guess on what bugs actually lurk in outpost defense.