Better ways and more options to spent my money

AaronDAaronD Member Posts: 13
edited January 2016 in Suggestions & Ideas
The prices for gold/gasoline/radios are to high overall I think. You get the most for 100$ ofc (14.000 gold), but that isn't much if you think about it. At some point, it costs several hundred gold (and maybe thousands at high levels) to finish a building, meaning that you could easily spent those 14.000 gold in just one day and you are still not able to build anything you want in the game (and if you could, it would somehow break the game, especially when they introduce PvP/GvG). I think there could be more clever ways to earn money. I think many players (including myself) would be more willing to pay something if the prices would be right in relation to what you get. Here are some example I would find interesting:

Example 1: Reward Booster Pack
- Cost: 10$
- Duration: 30 days
- Function: Doubled chance for silver/gold rewards and you can open 3 more rewards after finishing a mission

Example 2: Production Booster Pack
- Cost: 3$
- Function: Doubles the amount of produced ressources/experiences from farm/tents and they can hold twice as much ressources/experience

Example 3: Architecture Booster Pack
- Function: Halves the time to construct/upgrade buildings and you can build 2 buildings at the same time

Example 4: Training Booster Pack
- Function: Halves the time to train survivors and you can train 2 survivors at the same time

Example 5: Workshop Booster Pack
- Function: Halves the time to upgrade equipment and you can upgrade 2 pieces of equipment at the same time

Example 6: Gas Booster Pack
- Function: Halves the time to create gasoline

Example 7: Survivor Booster Pack

- Cost: 5$
- Duration 30 days
- Function: You have an increased chance of getting a more rare survivor when using a radio (or 5/15) once per day.

This way, the player can decide what they want to boost and they get this boost for one month and if they would like to keep the boost, they have to buy it again after 30 days. This would be much more useful then just plain gold. And if the player has to much money, he can buy all the Booster Packs, resulting in 30$ for NextGames and there will be players who are willing to buy those packages every month. So it would be a great way to generate regular income and it would be a great way for us players, to boost our game experience, without having to spent TO much.

Greetings

Comments

• aysatyoaysatyo Member Posts: 352
    30 days? seriously? anyway, here is what i think will happen when this got implemented.
    player play this game.
    player spends money on these packs.
    after 2 weeks, reach the max cap limit.
    player got bored waiting for the update.
    player quits and uninstall the game because of boredom.
  • AmigaAmiga Member Posts: 3,770
    I was thinking about similar think like Gas Booster pack for 30 days.
    Like Need For Speed No Limits. For £x you get 50 gold daily for 30 days.
    Anyway there should be more discounts, special time limit prices. Now everything is really stiff. For me you don't know how to make attractive offes.
    More options about byuing gas is necessary!
    Buy 10 gas get 2 extra free - example.
  • DERRICKDERRICK Member Posts: 329
    Yeah.. i'm not so sure if there is any Marketing Division or Manager at all in NG. Except the bundles there is nothing they offer. Booster, Subscription Packs, Daily logging bonus. At the other Hand, till now there is not much to do or with value in the game, to make it worth purchasing more than 1-2 packs. Except the horrendous prices for gas and mostly bad crates. Dont get me wrong, i love the game. But it could be so much better.
    ... .... ...... ...... ....... ... ......
  • If I only spent $30 in one month I'd be estatic. In 2 months time I'm already at $185.
    Why would they drop their prices to 1/6 of what they're getting.
    Need to focus on way less gas for challenges and go from there.
    Less wait time for gear that gets scrapped too
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face"
    Mike Tyson
    1. Gas refill too expensive
    2. Gas in challenge to high
    3. Extra locks for gold too expensive

Everything looks unbalanced for me.
    If 19 gas refill will cost 30 instead of 76 I will do it really often. Now - no way!
  • AstraeaAstraea Member Posts: 41
    I agree taht we need better ways of spending gold, as have many stated. Outfits are a neat option for those who care about it or just the die hard fans of the series, could be expanded upon with additional outfits or weapon covers. Who wouldn't want to see your warrior kill a walker with a giant shaslick weapon cover or your hunter with a crossbow weapon cover..

But beyond that it's mostly directed at essential gameplay mechanics with gas/supplies, time reducer etc. How about decoration in your camp that add a slight bonus to your characters? With an extra inventory to store them. I consider the memorial to be the first of these series of buildings actually. One that is not essential to the gameplay, but could add to the camp. One of the fun things usually is the design of camps itself and decorations can come a long way. The bonus for gameplay is just to shut up those who only care about that part and not the cometics so to say ;-)
    The dead are hungry too!
  • AaronDAaronD Member Posts: 13
    aysatyo said:

30 days? seriously? anyway, here is what i think will happen when this got implemented.
    player play this game.
    player spends money on these packs.
    after 2 weeks, reach the max cap limit.
    player got bored waiting for the update.
    player quits and uninstall the game because of boredom.

Probably not. My booster packs halve the time for many things, while buying and using gold reduce wait times by 100%. So Booster Packs are cheaper, but they dont offer the same progression speed then using gold. It's a good alternative for those who don't want to spent hundreds of $, but still would like to support the devs and gain a little advantage for it.

Second: 30$ in a month is still alot. For an MMORPG you pay 10$ per month and most games on steam you can also buy for 30$ and you can fully enjoy them with no additional cost (except DLC). So paying 30$ just for 30 days advantage is still alot, but it is better then the current things they offer.

Furthermore, no one forces you to spent 30$. You can only spent 3$ for double gasoline production. This way, you can do more missions, but it wont build your building faster, train you survivors or upgrade your equipment faster.
    bgbelden said:

If I only spent $30 in one month I'd be estatic. In 2 months time I'm already at $185.

Why would they drop their prices to 1/6 of what they're getting.

Need to focus on way less gas for challenges and go from there.

Less wait time for gear that gets scrapped too

Sorry, but just because YOU spent 185$ in 2 month that doesnt mean anyone else would do the same. I for example dont even consider buying anything, because I dont have the feeling that the prices are right/fair in any way. Even if I buy the 99$ pack, it will only last 1-2 weeks if you really use it to finish buildings immediatly. Those above mentioned Booster Packs on the other side are affordable for everyone, but they dont let you finish everything in the game, it just halves the time of everything.
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 568
    I like the many option low cost pack.
    the update of this game is too slow that many of us are catching up on players who have played this earlier and on the cap limit. those players are waiting forever for the update and started to get bored as they just grind and grind and grind with nothing to upgrade. and in my opinion, if you make upgrading faster even for half the time (actually you propose faster since you want to build 2 building at the same time), they will catch on much faster. and because they reach the limit faster, the waiting for updates will be more unbearable for them, and they will get bored faster. just my opinion though..
    aysatyo said:

the update of this game is too slow that many of us are catching up on players who have played this earlier and on the cap limit. those players are waiting forever for the update and started to get bored as they just grind and grind and grind with nothing to upgrade. and in my opinion, if you make upgrading faster even for half the time (actually you propose faster since you want to build 2 building at the same time), they will catch on much faster. and because they reach the limit faster, the waiting for updates will be more unbearable for them, and they will get bored faster. just my opinion though..

The same applies to when using gold and finishing stuff immidiatly. Right now I cant help my guild to get stars, since I have to concentrate on getting further in the game. Really would like to speed up my progression.

Also dont forget this: If you have to wait 1 day to upgrade/build something and you cant do much else during that time, then that's also quite boring and frustrating, leading people to leave. My progression speed right now is just "ok" and I have the feeling that if it gets even slower, I might get frustrated about it and also stop playing. The booster packs are totally optional and if you're happy with your progression speed, then you dont have to buy it.
    yes, you are right about using gold to speed up upgrading.. i dont recommend it.. And as you say, your progress speed right now is just ok.. meaning the game progress speed right now is ok.. how can it be slower if the game speed right now for you is ok? And about getting stars for the guild, im sure your guildmate would understand as they too have been through there. i myself just do the best i can to contribute to the guild's stars, but i have my limitations, everyone has. and when i reach my limit, that's when i start to concentrate more on my progress.. but i dont rush things..
    Anyway, that's just my opinion on the matter. let's just agree to disagree at each others opinion.. :wink:
    The whole idea with cap is ridiculous. You can't go forward because devs want to stop you and force to spend gold without progress. What the point to buy gas or whatever else if you can't upgrade camp anymore
    aysatyo said:

And as you say, your progress speed right now is just ok.. meaning the game progress speed right now is ok.. how can it be slower if the game speed right now for you is ok? A

It is ok, because I'm more or less new to the game. Upgrading buildings and survivors still happen within a day. But soon I will reach a point where everything takes to long. This would be the point where the game gets annoying.

It's a common tactic for developers to make money. The first free 2 play MMORPGs worked like that: You level up fast in the early game and progression speed feels good/right, but at some point enemies give you not enough experience (like 0,01% per enemy kill). But since you already have played the game 50 hours at that point, you dont want to drop it, so you're considering buying the 30 day exp-booster pack for 10$ that doubles the amount of experience you get. Silkroad did it that way.

And the same will happen to me soon: The moment I have to spent 5-6 gasoline to go on missions and when it takes several days to upgrade a building the progression speed will heavily slow down. And this would be the point where the advertising "get XXXX gold for just xxx$" jumps in and tries to convince me that I can speed everything up if I just spent money. And guess what? I WOULD spent money, if the prices wouldn't be so incredible high for such a small amount of gold. THat's why I'm suggesting booster packs. It speeds the progression at least a little bit (but not to much) and is affordable.
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    Patience is a virtue..

Patience is a virtue..

Well, I personally lose interest in a game if people with lots of money progress so much faster then me and I cant keep up with them. This will be especially painful once they implement PvP and GvG, where progression is very important in order to compete with others.
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,349
    AaronD said:

Patience is a virtue..

Well, I personally lose interest in a game if people with lots of money progress so much faster then me and I cant keep up with them. This will be especially painful once they implement PvP and GvG, where progression is very important in order to compete with others.
    Patience. It's easy to get up to level 25 then it's a grind from there. If you don't want to pay you grind. I purposely slow my progress on the regular story mode so I have something to do. Also you need to be wise with your bundle purchases as it refills food and gas so you need to upgrade your storage, etc to make it worthwhile. I'm still upgrading my storage.