WE DON'T WANT ANY MORE HEROES

SOLVE TOKEN DILUTION. THEN COME TALK TO ME
CaptainslayerRandy78T_12SchismMonsutaJayZantInvaderGovernatorPain WalkerJackBauerAnarchiclausLeneQuinnsenbergKyrusRedEye52TroublemakerbigbeanoHeroicWarriorljr6jvhv4Black_JackBraynerZOneVoiceDLich_V_LadyDixon

Comments

• 8N88N8 Member Posts: 164
    edited April 2017
    You want more heroes? There are already 6 classes with 18 current heroes , and two more heroes coming up. There are 24 types of tokens that you can get from radio calls.

I understand that playing the game isn't supposed to take a week to finish, But I've been playing this game every day since January 2016 and I still have only 89 Michonne tokens . The show has been going on for 7 years and it seems like that's how long they want to make you play this app for, because that's how long it'll take you to get every last one of your heroes to legendary without paying money. Don't even get me started on pink stars.

That's an unrealistic goal, but for completionists, this game doesn't give you nearly enough opportunity to upgrade your survivor status, and that is where the problem lies.
    JayZKyrusRedEye52
    tabernac said:

8N8 said:

That's an unrealistic goal, but for completionists, this game doesn't give you nearly enough opportunity to upgrade your survivor status, and that is where the problem lies.

Many completionists are basically the video game equivalent of people with a mild compulsion disorder. NG should have sympathy on folks that have a medical condition.

Definitely. I have a Doctorate in Psychology so I would have to agree
    T_12RedEye52kjmia421
  • xxarea83xxxxarea83xx Member Posts: 221
    I don't mind more heroes. In fact I like using actual characters in the game. However I'm also one who believes that if NG is going to include so many, they REALLY need to make a universal 'Hero' token. As has already been stated, the dilution is getting out of hand and, lets be honest, the 'Special Hero Calls' are completely useless.

Hell, the only reason I have 116 Michonne tokens is from a couple lucky '15' calls and the one season 7 mission reward. Unacceptable.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

IGN: xxarea83xx
    Guild: Anti Walkers
    Player Level: 68
    JadenRedEye52Human3001
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    The problem isnt heroes its how they are upgrade, you cant use the same values as regulars when the rarity is so ridiculously low and acquisition of a type is getting lower with every hero added.

It will never change sadly as NG philosophy which is whats also fundamentally wrong with other areas of the game is that they try shoe horn everything into one system. Even the worlds best coders (which NG are very very far from ) struggle to do this as you cant stop the ripple effect of when you change one thing it impacts another.

What they need to do (but wont as it will require effort and they sadly seem to be in cut and paste mode with game now) is have different systems for regular survivors, heroes, pvp & pve then you have a nice self contained pools and more control as you eliminate the ripple effect entirely.

Shut_UpclausLeneRedEye52kjmia421
  • SmittySpivey3SmittySpivey3 Member Posts: 324
    edited April 2017
    > @TransmuteJun said:
    > All I can do is quote Tina Turner (from the Mad Max soundtrack).

HORRIFYING SONG, MOVIE, ARTIST AND VIDEO!!!!!!#! God I hate that shit tune so much.
    T_12TransmuteJunbsgper4Jaden
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,468
    Heroes are great.

Token economy is wrong and they should fix it as soon as possible. Frustration isn't a good thing and it has been rampant.
    Shut_UpRedEye52kjmia421
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    I like the heroes. I hate the token economy/dilution.

Unfortunately, NG has flat out said they have no plans to change it.
    T_12RedEye52kjmia421
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    No more heroes anymore........

“You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    The idea is good, the execution is terrible. I'm all for playing your favorite character, but when there are 24 types of tokens to choose from, ineffective special hero phonecalls, seemingly random special hero call events, there's no way to get your all your heroes leveled up, let alone your sole favorites.
    Shut_Uppaintbeast
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,032
    @Warlord while I agree, the current unlocking system is still a huge step-up from the old.

You may already know this, but for those who don't: when heros where first introduced they all unlocked at one star. So after you hunted down 500 Michone tokens, you got here as "common."
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
  • GindyGindy Member Posts: 703
    I agree, the dilution has to be addressed. Love the idea of hero-class tokens, myself. It would provide some choice of play style while still adhering to cost/economy adherence.

On another note, I've had that damn Turner song stuck in my head two damn days now (I was able to refrain from posting a TT reference, but it was done by someone anyway), and had to replace it with *something*. So, in the vein of Always Look on the Bright Side of Life, always remember...

There's a Hero. If you look inside your heart. You don't have to be afraid of what you are...

Cherokee_Rosefire_waterkjmia421Squall_NML
  • fire_waterfire_water Member Posts: 257

All her life she has seen
    All the meanest side me
    They took away the prophet's dream
    For a profit on the street
    Now she's stronger than you know
    A heart of steel starts to grow
    All his life he's been told
    He'll be nothing when he's old
    All the kicks and all the blows
    He won't ever let it show
    'Cause he's stronger than you know
    A heart of steel starts to grow
    When you've been fighting for it all your life
    You've been struggling to make things right
    That's how a superhero learns to fly
    Squall_NML
  • bigbeanobigbeano Member Posts: 602
    While I didn't spend any radios for Eugene,I admit that I might try to unlock Gabriel! Hoping he will be 60 to unlock like some others were. :#
  • GaufrierGaufrier Member Posts: 20
    Some heroes are okay to use but some are not.
    Anyway to solve this token madness, they just need to add a zero for when you reach legendary.
    So instead of getting just 10, or 22. You get 100 or 220. Which is far more inline with the upgrade cost at pinkstar levels
    ekimhclew