Michonnes Chance + Luck

I know everyone hates me now as I unlocked Michonne but I have a question:
Her trait is currently a 14% chance of doing something.

I wonder if the 14% is affected by a lucky weapon that Michonne would carry or any luck that any other survivor would have.
-----------------
Remember to use your charge abilities

Comments

• crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    I also would like to double check this. Are chance based leader traits still increased by lucky traits? I would assume so but I never see this discussed here.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    Trax
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,032
    With your luck, @JackBauer I'm sure it will stack for you.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    JackBauerCaptainslayerSteeboonggbats
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    @vshield50 Maggie's leader trait is not a chance. Luck will not help there.
    -----------------
    Captainslayer
  • stoneheartstoneheart Member Posts: 62
    I never really did understand how the "luck" aspect of traits actually works.
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    edited April 2017
    I always wondered too but the added luck doesnt make much of a difference for Michonne.

Instead maybe should still focus on why Michonne hero trait is still bugged after all this time????

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/22404/michonnes-leader-trait-bug

You can test it out when you have Michonne charged up and If you attack then get her swift strike to activate. If you use her charge it bugs out and take away the charge without giving you another extra hit
    @KaLi That would make 3 attacks at all. I am sure NG thinks this is overpowered and therefore nerfed it.
    Not a bug working as Intended I guess.

Regarding luck : I gave Michonne a gold luck weapon and the other two scouts luck weapons as well and I have the impression that the trait triggers "more often".
    -----------------
    Captainslayer
    edited April 2017
    @JackBauer nice test play and fast response :) i agree having 3 attacks could possibly be overpowered, but wasting the extra charge attack is not good. They should have made it where it won't let us use it or something.

Either way with the warrior buffs lately, Michonne is going to be a great hero to play with again!

Congrats on getting her!

I just got her legendary during her hero call as well
    Is the warrior charge attack fixed lately? Two weeks ago it had the feature that the first attack always made less damage then regular hits.
    -----------------
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    Chance-based trait to proc, so it should stay within the game mechanics for Luck to increase it. Otherwise, NG would really need to come out and state the contrary since it would go against the other chance based traits in game.

But I would also like to seek clarification if possible, on the interplay of Luck onto leadership chance traits. I know Michonne doesn't have the Luck trait on survivor, so if we use hypothetical example: Leader trait at "4" resulting in 16% proc chance; gold-Luck weapon with 20% luck, and hypo of survivor trait at 23% luck. Would the triggering chance rule then be: 22.88%? (i.e. 20%+23% = 43; 16 x .43%). Would that be how the leadership traits on Heros (for chance based) would apply? Or is the mathematics on that way off-base?
    TheLostOnes
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,554
    43% of 16% is 6.88% bonus. 22.88% would be accurate and probably why luck was nerfed when it was.

Otherwise ot would be 16% + 20% + 23% = 59% and "overpowered" at NG's standards.

Survivors no longer being able to die was because of Heros and so was the luck nerf of 2016.

Interrupt is a different story.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    vshield50CaptainslayerMovado
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,554
    edited April 2017
    I wouldn't be surprised if luck doesn't stack on that though because each survivor would have different chances at having it go off. I would assume that's a complex algorithm required and would be the only time in the game where the gear and traits of one would be dependent upon the trait of another survivor (luck on a survivor stacd with leader trait on a hero)

So I'm going to say that luck might work as an increase on all survivors of the leader with the chance trait has luck but luck on the other survivors would have no bearing on it.

Meaning luck wouldn't matter on any non leader in the team of 3 other than the hero them self.

Hope that makes sense.

*edit I'm going to final answer that luck bears no impact on leader traits simply because I can't see the game changing things defendant upon the weapon the leader is using.

Luck on a weapon given to a leader would potentially then increase the chance of the entire team and I can't imagine they'd intend that.

Final answer. Luck has no bearing on leader traits.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    JackBauer
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,702
    @Dlich I think you are forgetting about this

" - Michonne’s “Thinning the Herd” now works as follows: “Your team's melee kills have a chance of reducing threat and a chance of regaining an action point.”
    - The chance of gaining the extra action point is added to any chance of Swift Strike your other survivors may have."

Something to think about...

As for luck, I would think having it apply for all %-based traits but not the leadership trait seems counter-intuitive (source).

"Remember, Luck increases the chances that your other percentage-based traits will activate [such as Swift Strike and Charging], and also adds to your critical hit chance."
    I would think luck on Michonne would work, just not luck on other survivors as it's her trait.

I'm still trying to unlock her so can't test it out.
    DLich
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    Lucky weapons and survivor traits when Sasha's leader trait is involved sure seems to make a difference , but hard to prove either way. What do you think @DLich ?
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    Interesting. It would make sense to me that Luck traits wouldn't help with other survivor teammates since it's Michonne's leader trait, but her own chances improve with Luck weapon on a chance based trait. (as zbot has stated)

I actually have a Legendary Michonne (which I admit I have never actually used her in anything, ever). I guess I could try to test it out as I have another 9-star warrior with luck trait and luck weapon. But the problem here is that the percentage increase is so small even with Luck stacking that I don't think we could reasonably tell any meaningful difference between, say, 16%, versus 22% based on a few trial runs. I think with some of the other Hero leader traits the built-in percentages are naturually higher compared to Michonne's trait % (I do understand the lower percentage simply because she has 2 elements to her leader trait compared to just one).
    So, overall, I think we would just need NG to advise us if it's somehow different than how we think it applies
    KaLi
    @Movado only other survivor that I can see having a higher chance to test the hero trait with luck is Sasha

I tried with golden luck on her hoping it can help increase getting charges but cannot really confirm the differences
    Movado
    @MOVADO, @KaLi my theory on the low % for Michonne's leadership trait is due to scouts (threat reduction and swift strike), Paired up with a scout with the right weapon, the thread reduction reaches high %, and buffs swift strike % also. So the easier test (control) would be using scouts.
    MovadoKaLi
    I may have to redraw my observation. I just noticed I gave both scouts gold luck weapons but they also have silver / gold swift strike on it. So the higher observation may have come due to that.

As I used 350 Gold (that was bought by money) to make the final call I would appreciate a detailed answer from @Shteevie . Please ask the code guy.
    -----------------
    Japes87
  • zeoweruszeowerus Member Posts: 138
    the real problem is how to unlock Michonne , the rest would be fun.
    DLich
    Also interesting is the question, if my warrior takes more then one walker down at a turn (which they usually do) is then the chance calculated for each walker individually or just as a sum of the event ?
    -----------------
    Thanks for the Answer @Shteevie.
    I believe that explains 80% of what I wanted to know and the rest I can leave for speculation.

-----------------