When do ranged survivors become useless in the challenges? If they do?

KillersKillers Member Posts: 27
I have all level 17 survivors. All of them are 1 pink star with a 2 pink star warrior and a 2 pink star scout. They all have what most people on here who know what they are doing consider to be the perfect traits.

In the last two challenges I was able to get 800+ stars each. I used this strategy. I used my A team ranged until RSL 20. I don't currently have any piercing on my weapons. It's so hard to come by it seems. They become useless at this point -- way too many bodyshots. The respawn kills me. This is when I switch to my A team melee. I use legendary Jesus -- I don't have Michonne yet, my 2pink star warrior and scout. With this group I can get through all rounds in RSL 21 and 22.

My questions is --- even with the perfect ranged gear -- piercing and whatever --- do ranged eventually become useless? Do most people use melee survivors to get these 1000+ stars.

Any input is appreciated. Thank you.
KaLiT_12

Comments

• PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    edited April 2017
    For myself, I use ranged all the way to the end. I got 942 stars last challenge and 1010 the one before. Piercing makes a huge difference (I now have two of each ranged class with piercing).

I use melee sometimes for specific missions at high levels. But I should disclose that my melee survivors generally have worse gear than my ranged.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    Squall_NML
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 980
    Melee is useful when your ranged cannot handle the spawn. Threat reduction and just not alerting walkers makes a big difference when you get 5, 6, or 7 over your level.
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    PigT_12Human3001