[ANALYSIS] Walker, equipment, and survivor progression

Comments

• DonCoquiDonCoqui Member Posts: 586
    Soon.
    Staying plugged in w/ the forum for a good dose of daily entertainment .
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
    BttlOpenergcheong85Guapo
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Teeceezy said:

- The game is designed to and will get harder as the levels increase.

This is a given. This is true of virtually every game out there. What is not true of any other game I know of is something like this level 21 business here. The game should get harder as we progress; it shouldn't get artificially "harder" by blocking our progress.

No one's complaining (so far as I've seen) about the game getting harder. Instead, the problem is that with enemy levels being determined relative to survivor levels in the challenge, there is a disincentive to advance to level 21.

The challenge restructure breathed new life into the game for me. The only thing I really enjoy in this game is trying to get further in the challenges than I did before. Sooner or later I'm going to want to unlock a new hero, or I'll accidentally unlock one, and I'll then have enough level 21s to take all the fun out of the game by hamstringing me in challenges forever.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    GuapoJadenGrimGaelCarolsCookies
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 990
    > @Pig said:
    "
    > "hamstringing" me in challenges forever
    Hilarious
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    PigJadenGrimGael
  • SebiSebi Posts: 146
    As players don't upgrade to lvl 21...all the bundles offered are useless as they are lvl 20. ..so no player in his right mind knowing that will ever buy a lvl 20 weapon bundle ....when he actually can go to lvl 21...but because of fear of losing stars he isn't. ..so it's a vicious circle. ...I would have bought at least 3 bundles...but as I don't wanna lvl up to 21...because I'll lose a lot of stars. ..I don't buy ...I know many in this position...waiting lvl 21 weapons and survivors get a beef....to at least be able to hit same number of stars as before with lvl 20 survivors...I'm sure bundle selling data can easy confirm this logical drop in bundle sales...
  • SebiSebi Posts: 146
    How stupid is this?
    kiwinz7 said:

So when will 2.6 be released, weeks or months? In the meantime how many players will quit out of frustration?
    The only game I know where you are penalised for upgrading.

Soon.
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
    sbf said:

Teeceezy said:

Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback regarding this topic. A few thoughts:

- Meanwhile, we do want the upgrading of your buildings, survivors and equipment to be something to look forward to and feel rewarding when done.

@Teeceezy My concern is this part of your comment. Saying that you want players to look forward to leveling up, but doing nothing to address the reason why so many players regret leveling up, or why so many players are intentionally not leveling up, is not actually giving incentive to level up. It makes no sense. I'm not trying to be toxic, and I'm not just looking out for my own interest, I'm also looking out for NG. The happier the players are, the more they'll play, which means that NG will make more profits. Everybody wins.

You ain't being toxic man... u haven't attacked anyone... u are stating facts. @Teeceezy 's answer means nothing...
    sbfWallStreet
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    At the end of the day, NG's justifications to us shouldn't matter. If we're not convinced (and by we I mean the entire player base, not just this forum), that's all that should matter to them. So my assumption is that either a) they are bad at business (seems unlikely), or b) this very vocal minority of forum-posters is not indicative of what most players are doing/thinking/feeling/expressing to NG, since most players probably don't put the insane amounts of thought people like @JayZ or @DLich (among countless others) put into NML. I agree that the level-up is a slap in the face, but apparently enough people are doing it that NG is shrugging their shoulders and basically ignoring the honest critiques we've all been giving.
    DodkongDonCoqui
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,305
    Great information. I only upgraded to get level 21 gear in TG shop. Sucks to start lower but it's only 33 stars less. Walker health increase not big of a deal for me. I just kill all in sight. What this last update did for me was close my wallet from spending anymore, so my RSL 28.1 will be my glory. Free play for me now and still can smash that 1k magic!!! I appreciate all your number crunching. Truly great work.
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 990
    @avelardez how do you get only 33 stars from the 106 you are losing by level 14, and 2 rounds of 19? Some of that is made up by having higher survivors and gear (not all of it like every other level) but why 33 stars?
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    DonCoqui
  • JuanloJuanlo Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2017
    The new level cap at 21 is clearly a disaster. Players are holding on upgrading because the game will punish them with a higher difficulty level and less stars, and this translates to less rewards. Until a permanent fix is developed for next game update, I think NG should simply do this: every player with level 58 camp or higher will start at RSL 14. Period. Is it that hard?
    Loewe1968DeadBeatDonCoquiant
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    Bumping this back up, even though there are others on the same topic floating around in recent discussions. This is the single most important issue with the game and it needs to be fixed.

Seriously, NG. What are you doing to keep your players loyal? Why haven't you re-balanced our players? And why are you silent on any actual solution? @Shteevie @Teeceezy

Guilds and gamers are upset and feel rightfully cheated getting less challenge stars after spending hours getting the tomatoes and xp to level up their team.

This is a beautiful interim solution.
    Juanlo said:

The new level cap at 21 is clearly a disaster. Players are holding on upgrading because the game will punish them with a higher difficulty level and less stars, and this translates to less rewards. Until a permanent fix is developed for next game update, I think NG should simply do this: every player with level 58 camp or higher will start at RSL 14. Period. Is it that hard?

WHY ARE YOU SILENT NG?

As always, not trying to be toxic, just trying to get the one game I enjoy to feel enjoyable again.
    WallStreetDonCoqui
    This imbalance of RSL to 21 lvl survivors fucking sucks... there is no other word for it.
    @sbf There is no solution... @Shteevie posted on another of @JayZ 's threads that they intended it to be this way, i.e., this was done by design.
    avelardez said:

Great information. I only upgraded to get level 21 gear in TG shop. Sucks to start lower but it's only 33 stars less. Walker health increase not big of a deal for me. I just kill all in sight. What this last update did for me was close my wallet from spending anymore, so my RSL 28.1 will be my glory. Free play for me now and still can smash that 1k magic!!! I appreciate all your number crunching. Truly great work.

@avelardez

Re-read the thread. It is not only 32 stars less from 14.1... when you start at RSL 15, you don't get a 19.2 or 19.3... so you lose those stars as well.

14.1 = 18 + 14
    19.2 = 18 + 19
    19.3 = 18 + 19

For a whooping total of 106 stars less right off the gate. When you take into account that you are still probably amassing a new lvl 24 weapon/armor arsenal that only gains you 12.8% ROI vice the usual 18.9-19% it sucks a$$.

avelardezromeo
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    edited May 2017
    DonCoqui said:

@sbf There is no solution... @Shteevie posted on another of @JayZ 's threads that they intended it to be this way, i.e., this was done by design.

@DonCoqui Yeah, I read that one, and I know it was intentional. The goal is to make NG realize that they were wrong to intend it, and to try to save all of the guilds (mine is among them) that are losing motivation because of it. So many players regret leveling up their team to 21, and @Teeceezy is talking about how rewarding it feels to upgrade your team to make them weaker (relatively speaking). And @Shteevie is talking about how NG wants lvl20 to be more competitive with lvl21 so it's a great idea to lessen the increase between those levels to make it so. It's absurd, ridiculous, and it's a great way to get end-level players to stop playing so that they are no longer speaking about it on the forum, so that they can get money from new players who, when they get to lvl21 will lose interest, quit, and a new batch of players will come up to the end and repeat the cycle. It's not about making it more challenging for the players who have put in the time to upgrade their team--the rsl's still go up way past the levels of your team in the challenges. And as people who run a business, they should really focus on the satisfaction of their customers (f2p and p2p alike) rather than making a "gamer motivation" profile or talking about ways to make the next update make the game better (soon). The constructive advice is this: please take a morning or afternoon, realize that you are losing customers (some of them have been playing since the beginning), and fix the balance. Easy. Peasy. Lemon. Squeezy.

As always, I'm not trying to be toxic, I'm just trying to voice the concern of so many players that are feeling the effects of a company that doesn't really care about this, the most important issue affecting their customer base.
    DonCoquiWallStreetJapes87Killdozer187_
    @sbf

I couldn't agree more w/ you. I'm as frustrated as can be.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,854
    edited May 2017
    Teeceezy said:

Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback regarding this topic. A few thoughts:

- The game is designed to and will get harder as the levels increase.
    - Meanwhile, we do want the upgrading of your buildings, survivors and equipment to be something to look forward to and feel rewarding when done.
    - We are looking at this issue both data- and feedback-wise and then, based on the results hope we can implement improvements in 2.6.

Positive... feedback...

I'm going to try to give some positive feedback, but first...

the GAME IS DESIGNED TO GET HARDER AS THE LEVELS INCREASE???

Ok... that's cool. I don't think any loyal endgamers have a problem with this. AS LONG AS THE REWARDS GET BIGGER PROPORTIONALLY???

If I got 1000 stars before, then I invest a TRUCK LOAD of Time/$$$/Gold/XP/etc to upgrade, and now I get Hundreds Less STARS??

This does not compute.

The reward for all the investment should be MORE Stars when youre done, not less. Come on buddy.

------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I intended to be positive, but the fingers, they just kept typing... anyway...

I like the 69 rule as a quick fix? That would satisfy me.

Keep everyone from level 20 and UP starting @RSL 14? Repeats begin @RSL 19? Good plan, problem solved.

Big Guy input given **BOOM**

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

DonCoquiromeo
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,854
    AGREE

I made a big long post too that was (nontoxic) deleted?? Weird.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Captainslayerromeo