Getting 5 Star Survivors

KnsCtyShfulKnsCtyShful Member Posts: 19
edited February 2016 in Strategy Discussion
I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I've tried searching and couldn't find good information. Does anyone know the most efficient way to find 5 Star survivors? Should I be spending 1, 5, or 15 radios at a time?

If nobody knows the answer, lets use this thread to start collecting data. Please post how many radios you spent and how many stars your survivor had.

Thanks

1 Radio
1* Count - 33
2* Count - 15
3* Count - 3
4* Count -
5* Count - 1

5 Radios
2* Count - 17
3* Count - 6
4* Count - 2
5* Count -

15 Radios
3* Count - 70
4* Count - 22
5* Count - 6
SteffenNennaJAZZZMAN

Comments

• Using the 15 radio call gives you the highest chance of getting a legendary because it eliminates the chances of you getting a common or uncommon.
    SarahHIGHTOWERggbatsJenny
  • aysatyoaysatyo Member Posts: 352
    15 radios
  • CapletonCapleton Member Posts: 441
    Use 15 radios, have patience and pray for not getting a bruiser :D
    Moriturus te salutat

Found his home in Asylum
    SteffenUrWaLkNDeAdRicoMars
    hmmmm... does the rabbit needs to be alive? :smiley:
  • TUCOTUCO Member Posts: 183
    If it's alive it gives increased chance, but I can't tell you how much it's increased ;)
    docholiday87
    and if it's dead?
    JK47
    Dead? Not sure. Maybe one of the resident sickos can try it and let us know.
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Says the guy who sacrifices his survivors to zombies when they're no longer useful.
    UrWaLkNDeAd
    That's just people, not cute little bunny wabbits.

And there is no other way to see the survivors stats.
    i dont like wabbits..... if its alive.. :smiley:
    JK47
  • KnsCtyShfulKnsCtyShful Member Posts: 19
    Does anyone know the actual odds of getting 5* for 15 radios and 5 radios? Because if 15 radios has a 1 in 10, and 5 radios has a 1 in 25, 5 radios will get you more 5* per radio spent.
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168

Does anyone know the actual odds of getting 5* for 15 radios and 5 radios? Because if 15 radios has a 1 in 10, and 5 radios has a 1 in 25, 5 radios will get you more 5* per radio spent.

5 radio call will give you more 2*.. so dont count on it..

• SoyevSoyev Member Posts: 130
    I know this wasn't the question, but it was a huge revelation for me and it's not in game anywhere. There's no point spending radios trying to get legendary if your recruits are handicapped by a low maximum level.

Radio tent level determines the starting level of recruits, but more importantly starting level determines max level. They can level up twice per the number of stars they have (5 star upgrade 10 times, 3 star 6 times)

Long ago, I didn't upgrade my radio and got a 5 star starting level 1, so max level 11. That's a white elephant.
    kidnapkinseibuzz3r0d4z3
    I'm going to start collecting data in this thread. Everyone who's interested, please post how many radios you spent and how many stars your survivor had. I'll aggregate everything at the top.
    MissSFX
  • AlibabaAlibaba Member Posts: 1,275
    I actually have a tool for this also!

Alibaba lvl49
    LINE me: princealibabwa
    Aegis Official FB Page
    Can you share any data you've collected so far?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    edited January 2016
    @TUCO @aysatyo @AysatyoPet Doesn't everyone know the chicken has to be dead, not the rabbit. You have to hold him in the air by his head so his feet can kick about, henceforth creating the magic needed.
    We shouldn't be putting hopes and dreams on a dead piece of fur.
    I'm going to K.F.C. now
    Baalos
    Just used 15 and pulled a 3 star. Updated initial thread

5 radio doesn't call 1 star survivor.. and 15 radio doesn't call 1 star and 2 star survivor..

5 radio doesn't call 1 star survivor.. and 15 radio doesn't call 1 star and 2 star survivor..
    Yes I'm well aware. I will update the initial post to remove those options to clear up any confusion though.

Thanks
    edited January 2016
    Found this in another thread. XRay January 25 in General No Man's Land Discussion
    Last night I decided to splurge on pulls with my hard-earned radios. This was the result (I still need to unlock the assault class):

1 - 3-star Bruiser
    2 - 3-star Bruiser
    3 - 3-star Scout
    4 - 3-star Bruiser
    5 - 4-star Bruiser
    6 - 3-star Bruiser
    7 - 3-star Bruiser
    8 - 3-star Bruiser
    9 - 4-star Bruiser
    10 - 3-star Scout
    11 - 3-star Bruiser
    12 - 3-star Bruiser

If this isn't absolutely broken, or an egregious display of incompetence or malice by NG, then I don't really know what to say.

Still looking for more data

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/2485/15-pulls-this-is-ridiculous#latest
    zeeblack

Found this in another thread. XRay January 25 in General No Man's Land Discussion
    Last night I decided to splurge on pulls with my hard-earned radios. This was the result (I still need to unlock the assault class):

1 - 3-star Bruiser
    2 - 3-star Bruiser
    3 - 3-star Scout
    4 - 3-star Bruiser
    5 - 4-star Bruiser
    6 - 3-star Bruiser
    7 - 3-star Bruiser
    8 - 3-star Bruiser
    9 - 4-star Bruiser
    10 - 3-star Scout
    11 - 3-star Bruiser
    12 - 3-star Bruiser

If this isn't absolutely broken, or an egregious display of incompetence or malice by NG, then I don't really know what to say.

Still looking for more data

That looks pretty normal to me.. that's what i always get.. either a bruiser or a scout..

seibuz
    Also this post:

DERRICK January 25
    Did 2 x 15 pulls for testing purpose. At least not broken for me.. sorry for your bad luck

1 - 3*
    1 - 4*
  • bumshoebumshoe Member Posts: 322
    I splove not 22 radios at one point. Highest I got was a 3* and even then only 2 out of 22
    When soft cap comes I quit the game.
  • VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650
    Here's some more thoughts on this if you want the numbers
    forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/194/radio-tent-survivor-drops
    Updated the main post as best I could with the information in that thread. Thanks. Still needs lots more data, especially 5 radio calls
  • LawdogLawdog Member Posts: 836
    I say 1 radio.Why?

Short answer.Because I want beer money.

Long answer,because when-and I will,get burned for 15x radio pulls I at the least..umm..have 150k in more,beer money.

And,I get to push the radio button(which I have on vibrate..and you know where that is) 200x.
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    edited January 2016
    So far, based on the numbers you have in your OP (which is still pretty small sample size), its actually better to pull 1 star.
    Currently, if you had 150 radios, you would get
    1R = 3x 5*
    5R = 0x 5*
    15R = 1x 5*

Quick maths -
    So for it to be better to use 15radios (x), the percent needs to be higher than the 1Radio(n) by 15 times
    x = (15n). So if 1Radio is 1% chance, then 15Radio would need to be better than 15%.
    2% = 30%

This discussion has been closed.