Why are second chance treasure options rationed?

First let me say that since the second chance options were moved in house a few months ago they are dramatically better than they used to be. They are now reliably appearing about four times every hour instead of the random appearances they were making before. So thank you for fixing that.

I've been playing Mage and minions for the last few days and the option to watch videos there is unlimited. They only appear when you get a special kind of drop but you get probably eight to 12 of those per mission so they are essentially Unlimited. And thank God the majority of them are only 15 seconds long.

Anyway this got me to wondering why the post Mission Second Chance option is limited here at all. Why not just make every post Mission have Second Chances? We are the ones that have to sit through those painful advertisements and I don't see why it would matter to you to have them be unlimited because I'm assuming you get paid more if the users watch more videos.

Personally I usually stop playing once the second chance options are gone. I just switch to another game and play that for a while. Seems to me it would be better to keep your Gamers here within the game, giving more opportunity for them to want to spend money on something like a gas or a double XP or whatever.

So any input on this?

InvaderJadenT_12GuapoSteeboonAval0nsoggybottoms

Comments

• TraxTrax Member Posts: 49
    I am curious to know the reasoning to limit them as well.
  • T_12T_12 Member Posts: 728
    The only reason is that they want you to spend your precious gold, so that you finish it quick, feel sad and then buy the 14K pile of gold.
    The only way to survive a mad world is to embrace the madness.
    flyingcowking
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 681
    edited April 2017
    To entice you into opening that shiny silver/gold crate with gold? Probably also so that the servers won't be overloaded when everyone is always watching the videos.
    Jaden
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Steeboon said:

To entice you into opening that shiny silver/gold crate with gold? Probably also so that the servers won't be overloaded when everyone is always watching the videos.

Might be...but in my logic...the more ads they play, the more money they get from the other companies?
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,410
    Invader said:

Steeboon said:

Might be...but in my logic...the more ads they play, the more money they get from the other companies?
    But, they probably make more money from people buying gold than they do from video "views." Everything they do is about the bottom line. :neutral:
    srmcn1031