Demote a Survivor by one level at a time

A lot of people upgraded their survivors to level 21 without thinking about or knowing the consequences, and are now sad they did. How about the ability to demote a survivor one level at a time, instead of just the ability to get rid of them completely? I find this the best solution to the "issue."
T_12tabernacJadenwidowmakerWalkerballzp_herianSpringChickenCaptainslayerPigcapibaraJustin_nml

Comments

• KivanKivan Member Posts: 13
    Currently I would certainly take advantage of being able to go back to level 20. Everything seems much harder now using level 21 survivors.
  • widowmakerwidowmaker Member Posts: 58
    My survivors are 19 and 20 and listening to everyone won't bother upgrading them just the weapons until it improves :-)
    WalkerballzSpringChickenPig
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,785
    I'm always more confused reading posts...
    Why not to upgrade survivors?? It's something like ..
    - "hey darling, let's go out for dinner?" :)
    - "..yeah, of course! But...Capi, i'll only have a drink" o:)
    - .."...what?".. :o
    - "Yes. Water please" B)
    - "Uhm.. Whatever...later we can at least have sex?" :* <3
    - "Nope. The gold for injuries increases as the RSL" >:)
    - "...groan..." :#
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    SpringChickenT_12kjmia421
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Makes no sense to have a game where you don't want to level up. I think they are better fixing the issues that demoting a survivor.
    SpringChickenekimhclewPig
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
    Consider this; for the better part of the last year, high level/end game players have been cruising through challenges, scavenge maps, etc with little or no actual challenge. Sure, its yielded mass XP, (see peoples collections of 100+ pcs of maxed out equipment / XP banks as proof) but besides trying to score 1000+ stars, most aspects of the game have been too easy, for a long time.

Now, by increasing the strength gap between walkers, and lv 21 survivors, there is legitimately a more challenging aspect to the game. Complaining about how the game isn't easy anymore, makes little sense.

I personaly very much enjoy a game that keeps me working hard to succeed. Otherwise, i lose interest. With my Lv 21 survivors, and only a few new pcs of gear, I collected just as many stars as before when i started out one RSL lower.
    (860 has been my benchmark since the Challenge overhaul, and i see most of my guild mates reaching their previous marks as well.)

Could guilds lose out on the last previously top level reward? Possibly.
    Could individual players get one less Challenge crate or Token crate? Sure. But as many have already alluded to, the Token crates are mostly a joke and the other crate rewards are easily replaced by scavenging.

Enjoy the fact that there is still a moderate level of effort required to succeed. If everything was intended to be easy, the story missions would not progress in difficulty, all scavenge maps would be littered with lv 3 and 4 walkers, and the patience to endure umpteen thousand hours of grinding would be the only ACTUAL skill required of players.
    T_12
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    @Phalanx44 -- I think you are completely missing the point. People aren't upset because the game is harder, because it really isn't any harder. People are upset because leveling up their survivors to 21 has the initial effect of lowering their star counts, thus lowering their rewards. Well, I guess technically you are right, it's much "harder" (or impossible) to get the same star count they got with level 20 survivors at the moment.
    PigcapibaraKillersZT_12
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
    @OneLessTitan - ..."technically right" ... the best kind of right!
    OneLessTitanCaptainslayerT_12
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    The game should get harder as you go further, not get harder by stopping you from going further, which is what the present situation amounts to. The fact of the matter is that right now, strategically it's the best choice not to upgrade to 21, if your concern is Challenge strategy. Don't make a strategy game if you don't want people playing strategically.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    capibara
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,399
    Actually a great idea if they aren't going to change the starting rsl so ppl can upgrade to lvl 24v weapons first (even though according to data they don't scale correctly)
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,785

@Phalanx44 -- I think you are completely missing the point. People aren't upset because the game is harder, because it really isn't any harder. People are upset because leveling up their survivors to 21 has the initial effect of lowering their star counts, thus lowering their rewards. Well, I guess technically you are right, it's much "harder" (or impossible) to get the same star count they got with level 20 survivors at the moment.

Of course i know what you are talking about and my relies are always absurd ...i know, but here in the forum we are always missing the point.
    And the point is that only a few players realize that, those that are reading the forum. The most...i suppose the 99% ...never realized they are starting to a different level or they are losing stars etc... They simply play and when tired they stop to play and NG knows...
    I'm playing in a guild where in almost 2 years we had 8 players with a forum account... :#
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    T_12
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    > @Phalanx44 said:
    > @OneLessTitan - ..."technically right" ... the best kind of right!

Nice Futurama reference