How much dodge could be valuable?

capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,849
Uhm... I realized today (...my bad..) that my best scout, bruiser and warrior (ready to be upgraded to 2 pink stars) have not dodge trait... :/
Well... I don't need dodge while playing challenge until level 23 or 24, but when playing 25+ suddently it's a drama...
Should i stop upgrafing those survivors and find new ones? How much valuable is dodge when playing challenge at lvl 25+?

"Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
--> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.

Comments

• PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    I came to the same realization and rebuilt my team accordingly.
    Not just because of dodge, mainly to avoid bdodge.

I would say that at this point (before NG gives us new traits with 2.6 ;) melee survivors have a great benefit from dodge. Apparently the higher the pink star lvl the better, not even sure if it is linear. IMHO i would always try to combine it with luck, as that trait helps across the board.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    KaLicapibara
  • WhyDoYouDieWhyDoYouDie Member Posts: 160
    why did you upgrade survivors with defensive stance? Don't seem like a good trait to me ( non outpost player )
    capibaracrambert_nec
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,849

why did you upgrade survivors with defensive stance? Don't seem like a good trait to me ( non outpost player )

I said those are the best i had ...so needed them to play and upgraded and had to deal with def stance... I always hope the will change traits power, so maybe def stance could be the new legendary unicorn in the future... ;)
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    T_12JackBauer
    @Putchuco ...new traits or a sixt trait for ours survivors?

I don't think i will quit them... I'm upgraing those since 2015 it would be crazy to start again upgrading epic finds.... :/
    T_12
  • THCrossTHCross Member Posts: 461
    edited May 2017
    @capibara
    Dearest furry rodent, I'm sure you are well versed in the game and don't need help rather expansion of your data bank ;)
    I wouldn't ditch any of them being pink and all
    Personally I like variety and options /at least 2 of a kind ;) /
    So I would look for bruiser with Dodge instead of strong
    Scout with Dodge instead of def
    Warrior again instead of bullet
    Have a scout with Dodge instead of your luck 17 and he can take critical​ from a 21 fat and stay in green
    So I deal​ with what I have and keep hoping for those perfect traits :#
    posthuman
    capibara
    Thanks @THCross but still not sure if makes sense to change them...

Right now i'm playing "The heavies - Double Trouble" at 25.2. I did it but my 21 legendary 1 pink star hunter with dodge trait and gold dodge + gold antistun got 2 hits but a tank and both times got stunned...
    ..while my scout (Not_Me) with no dodge trait, got hit by a tank at "Road Runner" 25.2 and ended the game with no injuries...
    Imo dodge trait is not working when playing 25+... :#
    Jenng
  • sbfsbf Member Posts: 466
    @capibara For my melee survivors, I don't consider moving them forward unless they have luck, dodge, and retaliate. Dodge is especially helpful at those higher levels when you get over-run and a single shot doesn't kill the walkers. Initially I didn't think it was a big deal, but now I hardly even look at armor if it doesn't have dodge, too (I mainly play for the challenges). Many times dodge is the difference between 3 stars and getting 1 or 2. Just my 2 cents.
    ekimhclewcapibara
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,246
    I totally understand sticking with the survivors that have been most helpful to YOU...... Regardless of " perfect" traits...... I myself haven't invested in my melees like I should so now that I have my guns I'm thinking about focusing more on those stabby bastards. Lol I find even with my own survivors that a mixture of traits like @THCross suggested, makes for a stronger team than choosing the exact same traits across the board. So keep them!
    capibara
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    At higher level walkers dodge helps in a different way @capibara .
    You can't dodge an attack from a walker certain levels higher than you (exact level difference depends on how many pink stars you have).
    But the dodge trait helps avoiding critical hits from the enemy.
    E.g. the attacking walker would hit critical, the dodge don't avoid damage but turns the critical hit into a normal one.
    This is very useful in higher levels.
    SCBMAcapibarajimmorrison369T_12
    Uhm... Feel like i will have to start training new survs...but it's a very waste of time. It tooks i needed 18 months or so to get those almost 2 pink stars...so i will be at the same point in a year or so with the better ones... :/
    T_12
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,231
    @David_H79 Wait, is that really true? I literally never knew that. Was this an official statement from NG, or just something observed anecdotally?
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    jimmorrison369capibara
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,231
    @David_H79 wow, this changes a lot of things. Thanks!

I feel like a total noob today lol.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    David_H79capibaraekimhclew
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,930
    David_H79 said:

At higher level walkers dodge helps in a different way @capibara .

You can't dodge an attack from a walker certain levels higher than you (exact level difference depends on how many pink stars you have).

But the dodge trait helps avoiding critical hits from the enemy.

E.g. the attacking walker would hit critical, the dodge don't avoid damage but turns the critical hit into a normal one.

This is very useful in higher levels.

I'd like to add to that. Dodge still works on any level.
    However,
    Higher level walkers will critical hit more. Any time they hit critical, they cancel your dodge.

So it is more a case of: All dodges get cancelled because the walker has a critical hit on your survivor.
    David_H79capibara