14.6 nightmare strategies

MacVMacV Member Posts: 127
Anyone who beat 14.6 nightmare since the 2.5 update, can you please share strategy. I have level 21 survivors with lvl 24 equipment, but no combination has gotten past the lvl 25 bruiser freeman.
Appreciate any specifics or tips.
MacV (Trinity)
"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Tolstoy

Comments

• MacVMacV Member Posts: 127
    Thanks. I appreciate the detail. Sadly, I've neglected my bruiser class. Working on uogrades on additional bruisers. Goals.
    MacV (Trinity)
    l2wannabe
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 291
    I beat it with level 21 single pink star hunter/bruiser/shooter combo. All with fully upgraded lvl 23 gear (did not have 24 gear yet). Gold stun resist on armor. Gold range on shooter, bore on hunter, with gold piercing on both.

Stay at the starting position - fire at the closest warrior with hunter & shooter, leave bruiser in overwatch. End turn, and let the other warrior come to your guys, and the bruiser should stun him. Light him up on your next turn(s), then focus on the other warrior, keeping as far left on the map as possible.

Once the freemen bruisers spawn, retreat to the far left and use over watch. Focus on one then the other. This is where the stun resist armor is an absolute necessity.

When bruisers are gone, walkers spawn with the freemen hunters. kill the walkers making sure to get the shooter charged. Do not advance, let the hunters come to you, and spread out along the left of the map. Get behind cover if you can to mitigate damage.

You will not get out unscathed. 2 of mine were injured and the other bruised
    OneLessTitanKick_assMacVl2wannabe
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 980
    edited May 2017
    Sorry for double post, I'm trying to get it to work.

In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    OneLessTitanKick_assMacVgespuer
    edited May 2017
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    OneLessTitanl2wannabe
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    Here's my vid from completing it.

and the brief description from my vid not sure if it's always the same:
    Separate your Survivors on the first move so the Warriors don't charge. Shoot them safely with your Shooters. Next deal with the Bruisers and get ready for the two walkers that spawn. Then deal with the two hunters (only one of which will probably charge, allowing the other to be shot with a Shooter with extended Range). I hope this helps!!!
    GuapoMacV
    @OneLessTitan you can pm me, but how did you get it to embed? I couldn't get it to work.
    OneLessTitanxbamfx
  • MacVMacV Member Posts: 127
    @Guapo @OneLessTitan @jbuoy @bladder
    Thanks much to all of you. This is my first and only rpg and I made some rooky mistakes. Im feeling confident with all this detail. My goal tonight is to beat this stinking mission! Booyah!
    MacV (Trinity)
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,577
    I did it with Rosita, Shooter, and Bruiser: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/22466/14-5-and-14-6-still-impossible#latest

All Level 23 Armor/Weapons with Level 21 Survivors.
    MacV
  • mogg76mogg76 Member Posts: 8

Finally did it :)

2 Bruisers and a Shooter did the trick.
    OneLessTitanMacV
  • ReeconnReeconn Member Posts: 347
    Finally completed chapter 14-6 on nightmare, thanks to @OneLessTitan great vid
    MacV
    Bump for @Pig
    Kick_ass
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member Posts: 618
    I did it with full Ranged crew. Can't remember all the specifics, but I remember the last round of Freemen was pinned and wouldn't advance. Even with that advantage, I still finished with so little health I couldn't even see any red on some of my team's health bars.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

Elder of JiltedProphet - 2 MILLION Stars and counting! Always recruiting, get in touch!
    gespuer
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Guapo said:

Bump for @Pig

Thanks, but I got it this morning with hunter-shooter-shooter. Also, no interrupt and only silver range on the shooters.

I'm not sure what caused the mission to crash on me yesterday. The only difference I can think of is this. That first time I tried it, I shot one of the hunters before he even had a chance to move. This morning I was way back at the entrance to the church when the hunters arrived, and I let them come to me.

I'm just thinking maybe when they're still in that corner and haven't moved yet, there's some glitch that doesn't quite recognise the hunter as being on the map yet. Then the game doesn't know how to process it when you shoot him. All I know is I took one shot at the guy and the mission suddenly ended as a loss with all my guys in hospital!

Anyone else have any experience getting a pre-emptive shot on one of those hunters before he has a chance to move?
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    Guapo
  • l2wannabel2wannabe Member Posts: 513
    @Guapo...love the soundtrack to your video. Old school, made me dance while I watched it. Lol
    Guapo
  • 012_man012_man Member Posts: 23
    14.6 finished with level 21 heros (level 20 weapons). Bruiser, shooter and hunter.

There is a bug against the first 2 warriors that allows you to kill them with no damage. Move your guys up 2 spots and down 2 spots so they are not connected and they will go and hide. THen you can take out both warriors with your shooter and zero damage.

Next up is the 2 bruisers who are more difficult but still easy. I ended up stunning one for 2 turns and killing the other rather easy.... try and not kill them at the very end of your turn or 2 zombies coming out back will get a free shot on you.

Finally there are 2 hunters that were problematic, but not too bad. I ended up stunning one and taking out the other (shooter had charged up for a double attack and a critical from hunter.

Somewhat upset the last guy runs away and it is over.

More upset that I have nothing else to play the game for. Nightmare mode made me end up maxing some many more things that I needed trying to get past them.

Would be nice to replay them all on nightmare+2 level mode and see how far I can get now that L22 heros are possible.
    gespuer
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    edited July 2017
    Wahoo. Also my (former) baby account (meanwhile lvl 63, too) finished chapter 14 in nightmare mode.
    Dwight lvl 21 (leader) & Shooter lvl 22 & lvl 21 Shooter. All with lvl 24 equipment. (without new traits).
    I followed some hints from this thread and did the final shot always in over view to be prepared for the next enemies to come(I assume that is an important hint?!).
    Also loaded the charge ability wisely (mainly the shooter for their higher damage). Killed the walkers by positioning my survivors at the most left of the church.
    Dwight was heavy injured and the shooter just bruised. Needed to take him out of sight at the end.

Good luck to all who hasn't finished chapter 14 in nightmare mode so far.
    Take care and Stay Safe out there.

Kill'em all & JustSurviveSomehow
    Member & founder of #nocarlclub
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

JadenMacV