The hero calls are ridiculous, I can't stand it.

I have been trying to level up Rick since I got him months ago..every time there is a Rick event I buy phones in hopes of getting him to 4 star at least. Today I saw Rick token calls started so I bought phones...spent allllllll my phones in hopes of getting some serious rick tokens finally....out of ALL my phones, I got 10 freaking tokens...10!!!! Not even 32 for crying out loud. I mean this is like a form of robbery if you ask me. I understand it's not guaranteed, but come on. At least if I got 1 128 Rick token call I'd feel satisfied, although I'd still feel I should've got more. But 10? I get those for hero on my free calls! I've spent so much money on this game, I'm almost ashamed to admit it...and every time I get burned. I'm over it, something needs to be done about how often you get the hero you're going for..if you spend over even 30 calls you should get at least 32 never mind hundreds of phones spent. Not cool at all.
flyingcowkingxbamfxR2runfastvshield50Zettegold2154Japes87WhispererBill_ZRTautumn_ashVudnikJackBauerRickGramesekimhclewopiumGeneral_PainJadendeb1hdGovernatorT_12kampionMitchblurlejohn67MovadoKillersZPicl2wannabeArtisansGunny_HighwaySgtSalami淡水地鼠

Comments

• David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    Do you mean you made 30 calls (300 radios) or just 3 (30 radios)?
    If you only made three calls, than I won't think you should at least gain 1 32 call.
    But you can read many many threads about hero calls, and their chances.
    Best way is to make the good old 15 calls.
    :)
    vabuda1Captainslayer
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    Ok, sorry to hear that @vabuda1

vabuda1
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    NG know that the drop rate is pathetic, and they even remove the game in China App Store just to avoid revealing the actual tokens & gears drop rate >:)
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/25738/drop-rates#latest
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    vabuda1xbamfxDavid_H79vshield50
  • gold2154gold2154 Member Posts: 8
    @vabuda1 I feel your pain! During the recent radio event I saved up over 800 radios and spent them all on 15 calls. The only hero tokens I recieved was 32 Tara tokens!! Total joke of a game lol
    vabuda1T_12l2wannabe
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,232
    Hero Calls ratio is 1 radio : 1 token.

Always frustrating and something NG needs to address.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,973
    > @capibara said:
    > ;) ...

How is Tiffany working for you @capibara ?
    capibaraDoTakJackBauer
  • drkuhardrkuhar Member Posts: 144
    My last 30 -35 15 calls yielded almost all greens and maybe 2 blues. I spent about 120 call on Eugene special call and got nothing nada zip. I think this call situation is turning to garbage
    vabuda1xbamfxT_12gold2154
  • drkuhardrkuhar Member Posts: 144
    It's got me aggrivated enough I have given up and only accept from the trade store whatever hero token I can get that I can use
    vabuda1
  • vabuda1vabuda1 Member Posts: 80
    SCBMA said:

And then there is this:

Holy CRAP!!!
    SCBMADoTakl2wannabe
    I've always done 15 calls regardless, but I feel like lately my 15 calls are all green level survivors, with the occasional 4 star/blue survivors..but those are usually ones I have a ton of like hunter or warrior so I just take the tokens..that I really don't need, but figure better than another useless survivor...so I saw the 'rick calls' event and figured I'd try my luck..worst case if get only 32... but it happened to be even worse lol. On another note, I made it into Platinum Tier III finally in my outpost raids
    SCBMAdrkuhar
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    I have good luck on 15-calls. Sometimes I run into a string of 4 or 5 rare only choices in a row, but the epics and hero tokens come often enough to make me feel satisfied, and every once in a while a legendary to keep or scrap depending on traits.

I rarely do 10 calls. I once accidentally clicked during the Sasha call event and got lucky, so I rolled a few more times and ended up unlocking her and promoting to rare with the help of some challenge crates. Pretty much every other 10-call I've made has been disappointing, so I avoid them. Every once in a while I get the urge to scratch that itch, but never more than 2 or 3 calls and done. Any more hurts too much, and the 15-call seems lke a much better ROI.
    T_12vabuda1
    Finished the clear missions...got my Ezekiel tokens and 15 more phones...look what they got me...lmao...I'm telling you, this is how it is with my account!!
    kampiondrkuharxbamfx
  • TraxTrax Member Posts: 49
    People can complain until they turn blue in the face about radio calls or any other aspect of this game but NG doesn't care. When NG says they look at the data about drop rates and say they are in line with where they need to be, I believe them. But what they don't say is what they are in line with. The top thing motivating drop rates is the amount of phones they can sell, not player progression. This is obvious when you think about the number of tokens to get just 1 survivor or hero to max star level. The only way to get any meaningful change is to use the power of your purse, not words. So stop buying radios if you feel it's a rip-off.
    Invaderl2wannabe
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    I agree @Cherokee_Rose
    The hero calls do generally suck, but if you really want tokens for that specific hero and are prepared for the possibility of crap returns, it's really the way to go. It's all fine to say that 15 calls give you a better return (which is true), but if @vabuda1 really wants Rick tokens, imo, she's better off gambling on the Rick calls than simply doing 15 calls hoping to find Rick. Just my opinion
    vabuda1l2wannabe
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    If you are missing 9 Hero Token to unlock or promote a Hero then go for 10x Calls. Unless then always do 15x calls.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    vabuda1RickGrames
    Yeah I just get screwed on every call it seems...I'm not trying to be negative, it's just when you save up phones in hopes of scoring only to get absolutely nothing, it's frustrating...then when you actually say fk it, and BUY a bunch of phones and STILL get nothing...it tends to piss you off a bit. I mean I've done 2 15 calls since I started this convo and posted my results..funny thing is the Negan tokens were the biggest I've got in a while!!! It's usually all green level survivors with 10-32 hero tokens sprinkled in here n there...I never get those crazy hundreds of tokens ever...if it was your luck that was like mine while seeing pics of others tokens they score you'd get irritated as well
    Timboskigold2154l2wannabe