Challenge Mission difficulty

I have a question regarding to the difficulty from Challenge missions at the same RSL.
With same RSL I mean exactly the same RSL at the same tier.
So the difficulty should be the same.

I know the starting positions are random and some are easier than others.

But this time I had enough time for some observations in Roadrunner. I played this mission again and again and again.

Sometimes all walkers in the beginning were level 27.
Sometimes all were level 26.
Sometimes mixed up (the fatties 26 the others 27, the fatties 27 all others 26, .....).

All these settings should be the same difficulty?
Does anyone has an idea how that works or should work?
jimmorrison369SCBMAdocfinzenburgJaden

Comments

• Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    I've noticed that too and I'm sure many have as well. It's been like that for a while maybe forever. It's like everything else in the game they are +/- the level that makes sense. It looks random to me and the only purpose for this randomness seems to be to put people in the money making hospital so people keep trying until they get the right set up of weak walkers in the right place.
    David_H79VudnikTripodJaden
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,693
    Guapo said:

Maybe if we complain they will make them all the hard version.

At least then you'll know when to stop.
    Can't hope for a better distribution of walker levels when there is no random distribution.
    David_H79unumJaden
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,865
    @Guapo I'm sorry when this question sounds like a complaint.
    It wasn't meant this way.
    I only want to understand.
    When you say it's random, than I'm fine with it.
    :)
    rustynail
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,390
    It's actually brilliant from a developer point of view.. when there's the dangling carrot of 1/6 chance of a favorable spawn , it's more likely spenders will pay much more in gold fleeing or trying over and over again to beat a mission. I personally am embarrassed to say that I have spent over 500 gold on one mission to beat a tier just waiting on those lower level walkers .
    David_H79PigMichonor23ADPaq
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    Guapo said:

Maybe if we complain they will make them all the hard version.

Then you're the one to blame if that happen :o
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    David_H79Jaden
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 976
    @David_H79 that was tongue in cheek. I personally like that if you try it 20 times you may get a lucky break in setup once. It lets you move on the the next round instead of being stuck by one stupid map. It took me 2 days to get a star on road runner, but by finally getting it the 1 star netted me 27. That keeps it challenging with the glimpse of hope you get that lucky break.
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    David_H79deb1hd
  • TTsaiTTsai Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 19
    hi, not sure if anybody will reply to this old old thread, but i didn't want to flood the forum with the same topic.

i'm totally new to this game, so i want to have time to prepare my characters and weapons before i go crazy and get stuck at higher level missions.

should i keep going in the challenge missions until i can't finish, or should i try and repeat the same missions so the difficulty level doesn't go up.

thanks.
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,054
    @TTsai
    Hello and welcome to the forum, the best advice I can make
    https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/tips/

https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/
    @OneLessTitan
    Has put together this website, I still check it out

It’s a lot on information to take, but it’s very helpful

BWilsmack22

@TTsai
    Hello and welcome to the forum, the best advice I can make
    https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/tips/

https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/
    @OneLessTitan
    Has put together this website, I still check it out

It’s a lot on information to take, but it’s very helpful

cool sites. i actually came across them when i googled the web. right now i have been doing scavenge and challenge missions, but i don't want to go too far in challenge because i want to keep the difficulty at a manageable level for me.

the cost of gas is too high, average 3 - 4, which is about 3 missions, and i need to find something else to do.

this game requires a lot of wait time.....
    Have you completed the season missions

Have you completed the season missions

the season missions were ok, but then i got stuck on trials, sooo, i have tried the season missions, but no, i couldn't finish them.

those hero tokens were nice though.
    TTsai said:

topic.

should i keep going in the challenge missions until i can't finish, or should i try and repeat the same missions so the difficulty level doesn't go up.

If your hospital time is starting to add up, they you may have hitten your wall.
    This weeks challenge has several good maps for farming.
    That will help with xp and if you have training gear on some armor that will get you a boost
    Scout Glenn in the lead and training gear is a good grocery getter “ supplies “

edited January 4

TTsai said:

topic.

If your hospital time is starting to add up, they you may have hitten your wall.
    This weeks challenge has several good maps for farming.
    That will help with xp and if you have training gear on some armor that will get you a boost
    Scout Glenn in the lead and training gear is a good grocery getter “ supplies “
    does the number of walkers dispatched make any difference in items gained? i know the more walkers you kill, you get more exp, but how about supplies? or even equipment?

also, i think i read somewhere saying that, not to level up the council too fast.
    Number of walkers killed will not affect items gained only add xp or if you have scout Glenn ( lead position) that helps with supplies
    The overall difficulty of the missions and player level will influence equipment
    And color of post mission crates

But if you have not unlocked scout Glenn, then I think scavenge supply missions is your only option

Number of walkers killed will not affect items gained only add xp or if you have scout Glenn ( lead position) that helps with supplies
    The overall difficulty of the missions and player level will influence equipment

But if you have not unlocked scout Glenn, then I think scavenge supply missions is your only option

character slot costs gold, which i don't have too much of, so i can't keep too many characters.
    all my characters are rather of lower levels, so one touch from the walkers, and i'm hospitalized for a long time.

this game is tough to start, or i just don't know how to properly play it.
    SPC_TORRES
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,423
    Just to reach wider audience. I asked this yesterday.

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/358691/#Comment_358691

It's relevant to thread topic - starting levels.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    edited January 4
    TTsai said:

character slot costs gold, which i don't have too much of, so i can't keep too many characters.
    all my characters are rather of lower levels, so one touch from the walkers, and i'm hospitalized for a long time.

this game is tough to start,

It is in the start..... hang in ... one foot in front of the other..... it gets better

Just to reach wider audience. I asked this yesterday.

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/358691/#Comment_358691

It's relevant to thread topic - starting levels.

very informative, but right now, it seems all levels are difficult. dang those invisible hiding walkers!!
    and also, very often i miscalculate the distance walkers can move.

_

TTsai said:

this game is tough to start,

It is in the start..... hang in ... one foot in front of the other..... it gets better

i just hope i'll have the patience to play it through.
    the wait time is riiiiiiiidiculous. it's not the worst, but it's looong.
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member Posts: 1,423
    I was actually putting a question out there :wink:

Would be nice to know starting levels for different survivor levels. For example, I want to definitely establish the lowest levels that have a lvl 17 start with 0RP.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

Last Stand BE have 4 places available for genuine GW players.

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.
    SPC_TORRES
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 872
    @TTsai what about the story missions? How are you getting n with them?
    Also yeah the diagonal walker still gets me at level 70. it means that if using an assault and shooting something on a diagonal they can still reach you so beware. Badically they only move 2 spaces every time but for some reason they can move diagonally and survivors can't!
  • GradyGrady Member Posts: 15
    TTsai said:

The Heroes (characters from the show) don't take up additional character slot, they bring their own when you unlock them. Only survivors take up unused slots.

However, unless they have traits useful to you at this stage (Sasha, Glenn, Maggie, Governor etc), it's best to unlock them after you have maxed your levels. This is to avoid having to train them all the way to max.
    SPC_TORRESDanski_46
    newbie question here, should i keep going until i can't complete anymore?

or should i stay at the current difficulty so i can still play challenge mission in the future?
    i just want to make sure i'm always at a difficulty level where i can handle.

thanks.

• Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 396
    > @TTsai said:
    > newbie question here, should i keep going until i can't complete anymore?
    >
    > or should i stay at the current difficulty so i can still play challenge mission in the future?
    > i just want to make sure i'm always at a difficulty level where i can handle.
    >
    > thanks.

If you stay at your current challenge level you'll not progress. It's better to push on and learn new tactics to get further.
    Danski_46 said:

If you stay at your current challenge level you'll not progress. It's better to push on and learn new tactics to get further.

ya, tatics that i don't have. how do you detect hiding/hidden/invisible walkers? i hate those who just jump out of nowhere, and one touch, i'm hospitalized for a long long time......................
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,202
    edited January 11
    > @TTsai said:
    > If you stay at your current challenge level you'll not progress. It's better to push on and learn new tactics to get further.
    >
    >
    >
    > ya, tatics that i don't have. how do you detect hiding/hidden/invisible walkers? i hate those who just jump out of nowhere, and one touch, i'm hospitalized for a long long time......................

If you're concerned there might be walkers around a corner, drag one of your guys way past it but don't let go. If the line turns red it means there's a walker there which has a chance to swipe you if you let go. Also, sometimes you can see little outlines where a walker might be, I don't have a screenshot so it's hard to explain without showing.

The other thing is just to have a look at the other side of the map to watch the out of reach walkers when your turn ends. You can sometimes see if one wanders somewhere you can't see. Over time you start to do this without thinking and get an idea of how many are left and if there might be another one or two lurking in the shadows! It's sometimes easy to just focus on what's immediately in front of you. If you think something is there you can walk a scout a few spaces forward and then back again, often triggers the walker to walk round.
    Forever Wild Walking B)
    BWils
    WellyLuga said:

If you're concerned there might be walkers around a corner, drag one of your guys way past it but don't let go. If the line turns red it means there's a walker there which has a chance to swipe you if you let go. Also, sometimes you can see little outlines where a walker might be, I don't have a screenshot so it's hard to explain without showing.

The other thing is just to have a look at the other side of the map to watch the out of reach walkers when your turn ends. You can sometimes see if one wanders somewhere you can't see. Over time you start to do this without thinking and get an idea of how many are left and if there might be another one or two lurking in the shadows! It's sometimes easy to just focus on what's immediately in front of you.

i just really hate those walkers that i can't see, and they just walk out of nowhere, and how do i fight those survivor enemies? i need to shoot them at least twice, and they can walk a long long longer distance. what would be a good strategy to kill them?

thanks.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 872
    A bruiser with a gold razer weapon helps fight human enemies, stay in overwatch and let them come at you and hope you stun them. Or if you can get an assault charged up then use there charge attack to stun them. Lastly a charged shooters two attacks can often take out a human enemy or at least take them into the red in one for your other survivors to help take down.
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 396
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu0YwAVgtuDfbHAWDryIdmQ
    Videos like these are great to watch for learning tactics etc.