People joining guilds just to steal players

JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,041
So... is this a new fad or what? Does this ever work?

Who would want to join a guild using these kinds of tactics?

Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
JackBauerGrimGaelSCBMAT_12RickGramesromeocapibaraSlowMobuchizombiebreathPapacasWalkerballzSquall_NMLGunny_Highwayfire_water

Comments

• Runners_0648Runners_0648 Member Posts: 57
    Let's just say that some guilds will do anything to stay on top
    JadenTHCross_Lily_
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    A Global Chat should fix this
    THCrossJadensrmcn1031T_12
  • THCrossTHCross Member Posts: 458
    edited May 2017
    @painclasher
    But let's face it it would make bigger mess to implement and survey
    PS @Jaden still laughing on those toppings :D
    posthuman
    General_PainJadenT_12
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,041
    I'd be scared that someone would actually come join our guild and be a total PITA.

Our last PITA just left mid-challenge and our guild has been so peaceful since then. So... not worth the possible drama.

Though if I had an alt that was high enough, I'd consider it - for the lolz. :p

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    THCrossGuapoGrimGaelInspTurbines
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 980
    I feel bad for peeps searching recruit page. I also wonder if I can get someone to come to my guild to recruit peeps from it. I have a list.
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    GindybigbeanoTHCrossWalkerballz
  • T_12T_12 Member Posts: 712
    > @painclasher said:
    > A Global Chat should fix this

I can't remember how many times I've asked for this, but NG doesn't care about it at all.....
    Alive!
    THCross
  • GindyGindy Member Posts: 703
    @T_12 said:
    > > @painclasher said:
    > > A Global Chat should fix this
    >
    > I can't remember how many times I've asked for this, but NG doesn't care about it at all.....

For the record: I hate global chat and the idiocracy it breeds. Has a lot of potential but is squandered by a few and makes everything unmanageable.
    David_H79THCrossBill_ZRT
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 980
    I think this is the global chat they are looking for.
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    THCrossPapacasWalkerballzvshield50
    I get why people do it, but it's still a dick move.

Advertising and recruiting sucks for all of us, and yet most people would not jump from guild to guild and try to steal players.

Finding someone new can be a chore. And I suppose that thanks to Stefano we have to find not only one but two players now.

A global chat might or might not help, but guilds and in-game communication definitely need some love.

THCrossT_12InspTurbines
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,808
    Yeah... That's why i use to recruit known players in the forum...
    But @Jaden ..this is really crap but easy problem...you boot them!
    The worst is ...when big guild leaders get in touch with PM with your best 10 players to recruit them into a top 10 guild.
    This is happening but you don't see it... so now you know why slowly you will see your best players vanishing... That's disappointing and unfair...
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    Sure, but the message has been dropped, so booting them doesn't help anymore. Messages can't be deleted so it stays there for some time at least.

Not as bad as what you are describing is, of course. That's beyond being just a dick move, that's outright atrocious...

• CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,399
    @Guapo do you have anyone scoring 1k+ of so I'll join and poach them :wink:
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    DoTakvshield50PapacasSmittySpivey3
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    @Jaden you just have to post enough and the message disappears very quickly ;)
    @David_H79

Sure. We didn't think that would have been necessary, so we didn't...

David_H79Pic