Confused About Today's In-Game News Update

Comments

• ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 340
    Why not just make heroes better? This wouldn't be very hard at all.

Tweak their leader traits, allow traits to stack if you have more than one hero on your team. What about having an extra bonus if you use an all hero team? Obviously this would need to be thought through properly, but it can't be that hard.
    atrainofficialR2runfast
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    In some parallel universe maybe the logic is "if players use 10 radios to do a 10 radio Daryl call and get 10 tokens and they used another 10 radios to do another 10 Daryl call and get another 10 tokens; this will save them 5 radios and guarantee they get tokens"

Maybe that's the reasoning behind it?

I'm still hoping it's meant as an "in addition to" instead of "in lieu of"

But watch...

I'm predicting they'll offer a 10 radio call Daryl option this Monday and a 10 radio call Ezekiel option next Monday.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    David_H79bigbeanogcheong85Captainslayer
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    David_H79 said:

It's like your grandma gives you a couple of socks for Christmas.

You don't really want them, but your grandma had the best intentions.

But my grandma didn´t run a stock market thingy ;)

Her intention was to make me happy :)
    David_H79GovernatorJaden
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 293
    Heroes ARE better than regular survivors at the same level & rarity. They have higher damage, health, crit chance, and better body shot percentages. The primary issue I have is that due to token dilution, and individual tokes for each hero, is that they cannot keep pace wrt rarity as my regulars. I will not take a rare/epic hero on a mission when I have a pink star in the same class
    InvaderJadenCaptainslayerTransmuteJun
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 990
    @Teeceezy before we are all jumping off the bridge, can you confirm that we are losing the 15 radios as reward? Is that really happening?
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    GovernatorJennggcheong85Dod
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    @jbuoy - where are you finding the information about heroes getting less body shots and more crits compared to a regular survivor with the same prestige? The health and damage is true (for most of the heroes, except Rufus who is or was worse in damage).
    Captainslayer
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    David_H79 said:

It's like your grandma gives you a couple of socks for Christmas.

You don't really want them, but your grandma had the best intentions.

Are they handknit? Because handknit socks are absolutely awesome!

On topic: I hope we will still get the 15 phones plus 20 Daryl tokens (though I don't really need any Daryl tokens at all) and it was just NG's communication style that is sometimes lacking.

Sorry, don't mean to be toxic, but even after week two of the "Last Hero" event there were still people baffled by why they would get the rewards for Rick even though they chose Michonne - had to explain how it works to people several times.

And pretty please, if you give us hero tokens as rewards, make them the harder to get ones. I am quite sure that lots of people will be underwhelmed with receiving tokens for Daryl (or Glenn, for that matter...).

Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    David_H79Governatorbigbeano
  • whitek111whitek111 Member Posts: 94
    Maybe we get 20 Gabriel tokens as the main 5/5 reward and instead of 15 radios you get 20 Daryl tokens. Thats how I took it.
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,411
    Oh sh*t!!! Is it time to panic? Let me know when it's torch and pitchfork time :)
    WahooDawgGovernatorbigbeanowarlock1271
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,310
    @crambert_nec do you have any details bro?
    @OneLessTitan I recall reading it some time ago, but cannot remember where, so it may not be the case. If it is, it is only a small amount. My primary point that I was trying to make was that heroes are actually better than regular survivors when at the same level/rarity. Too many on here write them off or consider them to be worthless, but that is not the case. For players coming up in the game, heroes are likely their best as they do not have pinks yet, and so far the only thing that trumps a hero is a pink. Anecdotally, I use Maggie (legendary) often and she fares almost as well as my single pink hunters, until I get to +5 RSL
  • ZeroMercyZeroMercy Member Posts: 45
    Take away 1hr ads, and people are like.. "meh." Take away season 7 radio rewards, and people are screaming bloody murder.
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,310
    @jbuoy I agree with you I'm just confused as to what the note means
    @xbamfx me too.
    xbamfx
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,411
    Depends on the traits? @WahooDawg :#
    WahooDawgbigbeanowarlock1271
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,418
    @jbuoy I have no idea where you got the idea that characters have lower body shots and higher critical chance but that's incorrect. That's not why I disagreed with you though even at same rarity when it come to higher rsl's it's the traits that matter most and our normal survivors have better traits in most cases.
    But back on topic wtf I don't want daryl or ezekiel tokens if that means i don't get my 15 radios
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
  • gcheong85gcheong85 Member Posts: 149
    edited May 2017
    NG does this for the sake of 'balancing' the game as this is 1 of his main trait as a survivor.
  • DodDod Member Posts: 37
    I hardly believe they will remove the15 radio's. Thats the main reward for doing the trail. Since we already get hero tokens and radio's, i hope its just a surplus post.
    Then again , they increased the price of a gas- booster by 15% and removed 80% of the extra adds, taking away a incentive to use the gas-booster, in same week. So...you never know
    histerija
  • histerijahisterija Member Posts: 11
    I just registered on the forum so I can comment on how ridiculous the update seems. I don't see any way to read the news about the reset on Monday other than letting us know that 20 Daryl tokens are the only thing we are going to be getting for completing level 5. Thanks, but no thanks. As if it wasn't bad enough that they pulled the 5 phones package from the Trade shop.