For the 1000+ star achievers

Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
I'm wondering what you elite would MOST attribute your success in challenges to?

1) high level (multi-level pinkies) survivors?
2) high quantity of survivors, to keep going while primaries are in hospital?
3) unique attributes of purchased weapons, kike Morgan's Staff, and the Kingdom Spear?
4) gold spending to speed hospital times?
5) cash spent to advance?
6) or pure skill?

I ask because I'm a consistent 850-925 star getter. Been playing since pretty well the initial release. F2P all the way - I have never spent a dime of real world cash on this game, not even the odd gas booster. I have many lv 21 survivors, with lv 24 gear, One "pinky" in every class, some at 2 pinks, my heroes are generally 4/5 stars at this point, and yet, I just cant seem to break through this glass ceiling. Grrrr!!

I see in top guilds, 20 players will all average 1200 stars, so there's got to be some consistent factors, and I'd like to hear from the community what those fsctors are perceived to be.
WalkerballzGindygespuerInvaderAngieMathesonbababooey

Comments

• GindyGindy Member Posts: 703
    Yes (x6'ish)

Many if not all "top guilds" keep 1k+ star strategies in-house now days and are very wary of sharing strategy via the forum.

If you're truly wanting to grow as a star-earning player, seek out some of the leaderboard guilds via PM. The world gets bigger outside these virtual walls :)
    Walkerballz
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 492
    I am FTP too and I would say it's a mixture of pinkies (2 stars), variety of survivors and luck.

Different survivor class cater for different missions. Do not miss out on any stars on the route to RSL 25 and above. Certain heros like Abraham,Sasha,Dwight and Rufus helped me a lot too.

The starting positions of the walkers play a huge part for some missions and they can also start off one level +/- the current RSL depending on your luck.

As you have multiple lvl 21 survivors now, it may be harder for you to achieve 1k until you get yourself great lvl 24 gear.
  • Phalanx44Phalanx44 Member Posts: 263
    See, i think after playing for almost two years, I've got a reasonably good handle on the strategy aspect. Survivor and gear level arent a huge concern now. And having pinkies mixed in with leader traits certainly makes things easier to a point.

Where I'm blown away is catching off comments about reaching RSL 29 and 3-starring it no less, where any walker attack must certainly lead to an immediate struggle, and a second hit would be fatal. On small maps, I just cant wrap my head around how without a subsequent visit to a proctologist to remove a dozen horeshoes, how someone can navigate extremely close quarters, without being struck once, with any survivor..

I can resign myself to the fact that any number of other players can be much better at this game than i am. Im just more curious than anything if $ is really a significant factor or not, since i feel thats probably the last avenue for me to explore.
    ncfishman
    Thanks for the feedback! By the sounds of it, I'd like to think you and I are in similair positions, so it can be done..

Just gonna have to push even harder, i guess.
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 978
    edited May 2017
    I buy 5 tanks of gas weekly, all at the start. It allows me to grind later to get those last bonus stars. Honestly part of your problem right now is the level 21s, hopefully the last fix will push you over the top. Also if android do Google play rewards. Get a couple bucks for unlimited gas every month or so.

Other than skill, that's the only one that applies to me.

Oh, the other answer you are looking for is wrestler trait on your gear.
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    PigJadentpzinho
    Interesting! I will consider that for sure!
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Oh yeah, wrestler is badass. Stun resistance is also great, and piercing on ranged survivors. Lots of people use threat reduction on scouts, but I've had trouble finding any good gear with it. Specifically, I want swift strike and threat reduction on the same weapon.

Will I ever get it?

Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 996
    These are what I have been using last few Challenges and gets to high 900s to 1100s. But it does cost a little $$$ to get there in the time frame given. I stopped buying in April and got this far for free this week. Ran out of time though. Did not repeat missions for that 3 star just got what I got. Did use a few hundred gold to heal and last minute gas tank refill twice. Currently on a long break right now, but I am in the top #1 guild, DTP. Some of the best people you can meet and so much teamwork. Love those guys and gals. Learn from the best to be the best you can is what has helped me since I started last year in March.
    jonathanking50NCDawgFan
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    I´m wondering if some players repeat maps of their favour to get multiple extra 3 stars before they move on to higher difficulty?

Would be more time intensive without a gas booster, but it would earn stars...
    avelardez
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Pig said:

@Invader I don't think that's possible. You can replay a mission, but you won't get extra stars beyond the 3.

You´re right...my fault. That was the intention to rebuild the system :D
    Pig
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    My take would be (for the last challenge):

- for 1000+ starz
    2) high quantity of survivors, to keep going while primaries are in hospital? -> some
    3) unique attributes of purchased weapons, kike Morgan's Staff, and the Kingdom Spear? -> some
    6) or pure skill? -> mostly
    Given maxed survivors (lvl20 or 21, with one having a big advantage) and some reasonable weapons

- for 1100+ starz
    On top probably needs some single* pink survivors
    Help from the guild, as @Gindy already pointed out above

- for 1200+
    Probably requires double pink survivors, possibly some triple pinkies to get above 1250
    Some serious guild prep in terms of walk-thrus, setups, spawning etc

- for 1300+
    Triple pinkies and some serious mixture of money spent on healing/gear/(previous?) survivor upgrades
    Paired with some very serious skills

Note, this is my take on it and admittedly not very precise. Pls don't storm all over it with your special circumstances.
    My intent is to simply give others an impression what might be required for them to significantly progress.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
    KaLiBilko
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,666
    None of the above... It's all about time... :#

"Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    淡水地鼠
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 978
    Time and wrestle grrr
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 996
    All armor must have struggle trait. Weapons I prefer to have gold lethal.
    Clearly a burning question among forum regulars, so i will answer it here;

Yes, i finally broke the 1000 star barrier. Turns out a huge factor in this feat boiled down to a perfect storm of tons of gas (for the multiple attempts), Assaults getting a power boost, and a strategy change up for which characters to use, or rather, which heroes to stop relying on; I made a mental switch to decide that any more than one heroin my line-up at one time is wasting valuable space for other survivor's traits to be active, and also convincing myself that pink stars outweigh individual hero stat bonuses.

I'd say in general, to those still struggling to break that barrier, that of all the initial factors I proposed in my original post, time, or rather gas availability is probably the most crucial to success. Without chronic gas boosters, repeatedly nabbing 1000 starts wont be a likely occurrence for me, but since I'm an f2p player out of resource sparity in the real world, i will mostly only find this success during 1-5 min gas recharge events.

The best non-specific advice i can pass on to others is to try to not rely on Hero's leader traits, rather use more pinkies when possible. It comes down to taking advantage of 3 stronger survivors, instead of banking on mediocre boosts to your party, which will inevitably consist of one mostly sub-par "hero"
    KaLi