Please leave council at level 20 - forever

While I am thankful that Next Game did correct the level 21 weapon issue, it has really only allowed me to pull just a bit ahead of those in my guild who stayed at level 20. I still haven't bested my PR that I set at level 20, but guessing the right challenge with the right bonus (and as I continue to pink up my survivors), I will get there.

So for now and forever, let's just stay at level 20 with the Council. I can guarantee that I will not upgrade my survivors to level 22 unless it is proven to me that doing so will allow me to advance higher than I can right now. I am guessing I am not the only person who has learned the lesson that it does not pay to upgrade. Since you have taken away the incentive to do so, why bother. Spend the time and money making more maps. And maybe looking into and developing the tons of great suggestions that the top players in this game have made.

@Teeceezy
@Shteevie
Maverick1969Japes87InvaderDLichgcheong85flyingcowkingPapacasRedEye52

Comments

• DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    No such luck. Look at the buildings tab under the shop button. There are new buildings to be built at Council level 21 and Council level 22.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    When my calculation is right, you still start at RSL 15 with level 22 survivors.
    zivaolivia
  • zivaoliviazivaolivia Member Posts: 174
    > @Dodkong said:
    > No such luck. Look at the buildings tab under the shop button. There are new buildings to be built at Council level 21 and Council level 22.

I know - it makes me sad
  • ThanosOfTitanThanosOfTitan Member Posts: 236
    I have level 19 survivors and am just upgrading to level 20 tomorrow should I stay at this level so I can score more in the challenges? I noticed I out score my teammates that are at level 21 or more, I just thought it was because I have more time to play than they do
    Member of the Super Green and amazon Family Leader of Green Horns
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    I notched up a new PB with my L21 survivors using L23 gear this week.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    > @ThanosOfTitan said:
    > I have level 19 survivors and am just upgrading to level 20 tomorrow should I stay at this level so I can score more in the challenges? I noticed I out score my teammates that are at level 21 or more, I just thought it was because I have more time to play than they do

I would upgrade your armor first. Hold off upgrading upgrading more than 1 survivor to 20 until you have good to great fully upgraded armor.
    Does it make it harder if you upgrade more than one? I always don,y weapons and do not upgrade armour until last, am I missing a trick?
    Captainslayer
    You are getting to a level that gear is very important. If you upgrade more than one survivor (including heros) to the next level, then you will start at a higher level on the challenges. It is a proven fact that you will get less stars at least until you get gear to match what you had at the lower level. If you haven't been upgrading gear for your level 19 survivors, then you will likely do better by upgrading to level 20. But without fully upgraded legendary gear, you will never get to the ultra high difficulty levels you see folks do that belong to the top guilds (I am not recruiting for my guild, but I hope you are part of a guild/alliance that can share you the tips and tricks to maximize the stars on a challenge).
    ThanosOfTitanautumn_ash
    I am one of 2 guys in my guild that score over 700 the others get 150 or so and nobody talks apart from one or 2. All my level 19 fighters have maxed out weapons that are legendary or epic and most have at least part upgraded armour but not all legendary,
    I will only upgrade one survivor until I have my level 20 legendary weapons done then
    Guapo
  • paintbeastpaintbeast Member Posts: 1,188
    > @ThanosOfTitan said:
    > I am one of 2 guys in my guild that score over 700 the others get 150 or so and nobody talks apart from one or 2. All my level 19 fighters have maxed out weapons that are legendary or epic and most have at least part upgraded armour but not all legendary,
    > I will only upgrade one survivor until I have my level 20 legendary weapons done then

That sounds a lot like my guild. We have around 4-5 who get 500+. Around 5 more get about 300. The rest do 150 or less. I like the laid back aspect and don't want to push more than around 800 myself, but wish half of my guild were more active.
    ThanosOfTitanbigbeano
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 980
    @ThanosOfTitan don't want to recruit here, but your assumption is correct, you shouldnt be outscoring your guild mates 2 levels over you. If you want to grow you should check out other guilds. Many are very active and fun, you will enjoy the game much more. For 19 to 20 the loss is not as big as it is from 20 to 21, but definitely do get some gear upgraded first. Plus those 20s will help you complete story chapters for rewards.
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    zivaoliviaThanosOfTitanbigbeano
    Definately taking your advice and only upgrading one fighter to 20 then working on the 6 or 7 legendary 20 weapons I have acquired also going to hoard TG to snap up what I need. Just need enough tomatoes to start upgrading my workshop only 3m to go ☺️
    edited May 2017
    Regarding the guild I will stay at as I am free to play and I don't want the pressure of having to squeeze every star I can until I have the weapons and armour I need.
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,055
    I think having two level 21 players would not change your level from 14 to 15. So my strategy is to upgrade a couple of survivors/ heroes and then concentrate on upgrading equipment. When the time is right, concentrate on upgrading survivors and heroes
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, tWo MiLlIoN star guild
    ThanosOfTitan
    zeeblack said:

I think having two level 21 players would not change your level from 14 to 15. So my strategy is to upgrade a couple of survivors/ heroes and then concentrate on upgrading equipment. When the time is right, concentrate on upgrading survivors and heroes

I have 4 good legendary level 20 weapons 2 assault and 2 hunter so it would make sense to upgrade my best 2 hunters and assaults, I don't have any pink star survivors yet but many legendary ones with great traits,
    I tend to use 3 heroes as leaders Dwight, Abraham or Darryl the later being last pick but he is legendary and then my best normal survivors
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    There are a couple problems with risking upgrading two survivors. First, for some players that has triggered a rise in starting RSL. It's not consistent or predictable whether it takes two or three.

Second, even if upgrading two doesn't trigger the rise in RSL, you're then stuck not being able to unlock heroes until you're ready to level up your roster. Upgrading only one survivor gives you that buffer to be able to unlock one hero if the opportunity arises.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    I get you pig thanks
    nadecir
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    While waiting for the moment at were it is reasonable to train my other survivors to level 21 (just one at the moment), I upgrade as many as possible legendary gear to stock the XP.

From day X I´ll wait for special class bonus (like 5 sec upgrade time for hunters), scrap the unneeded gear for XP (two items = one survivor upgrade) and don´t have to wait to long to have a complete team on level 21 :)
    gespuer
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,030
    Guapo said:

Perfect

Almost. If dodge and wrestler were switched, it would be a bit better.

Still awesome, though. ;)
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,926
    I have a feeling they will continue to upgrade councils for profitability. I will be taking my sweet time upgrading to the next level. Definitely going to wait until I have all lvl 25 equipment first if even at all.
    zivaoliviaGuaposbf
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    I am levelling up now. It's just a habit.
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    edited May 2017
    So you saying NG has to give back all the gold players spent to max council 21 and gear and survivors? Not gonna happen.

Period.

Now moving on to Council 22
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    I think its about time for another council update or maybe an update where we can do mulitple councils.

If not then at least a way to put our tomatoes to better use
    Guapo
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 980
    @KaLi not until after they do tg for maters event so everyone has zero to start out and will buy them
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    SCBMAzivaolivia