Outpost TG blockers : valid tactic or annoying?

13»

Comments

• WhispererWhisperer Member Posts: 103
    This game needs real time 1v1 battle instead of outpost..
    Governator
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    I have my crate easily accessible by any class. I used to have good defenders in there, but I got tired of swapping guys in and out, and swapping gear.

So now I have my weakest heroes in my outpost, with weak, un-upgraded placeholder gear. I just looked over my last 20 failed defences. 9 grabbed the tg and left my guys alone. 11 slaughtered the lambs. I really don't care, since I'm in the 4600s and don't seem to go anywhere, up or down, even though I virtually never raid.

Anyway, that's my anecdotal evidence. About 45% respect the free tg and about 55% go for blood.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    GrimGael
  • docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    GrimGael said:

Lol, raid through my shield, why, don't mind if I do (why I love crate blockers)

i told @vertico (he's a friend of mine) about this picture from @GrimGael here just for fun and asked him if he also has about 5100 influence points, but no, he has roughly 1000 points less...
    how's that? if i recall correctly, (almost) equal influence points are the main source to assign an attacker to a defender, am i wrong?
    GrimGael
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    If he wasn't a crate blocker, it would only be 990 less, lol. That does seem to be a lot of influence gain for such a difference, but we'll have to wait until @DLich publishes the formula. How many did he lose (according to _his_ log)
    Ok, we have our first @Movado hero. Don't kill this person, raiders:
    Also, the crack team is fully assembled. Come and get it, I'll leave them out there until cycle end at least:

Governator
    Just realized I never actually answered the question. I guess relative influence plays a role in matchmaking, but we don't know the range involved or other factors. So while that may be a difference on the larger end of the scale, we don't really know. It could go very high. I've raided people who just swat me like a fly, I assumed they are higher (back in the day, much higher, I've snuck up there)
    Also, since I see 21's on his team, I assume he's level 60, as am I.
    docfinzenburg
    he is lvl 60 but just started to train his survivors to lvl 21, might be his 1st challenge now with starting lvl 15
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    Since I hit the 4800 influence mark I have noticed almost all the outposts I am faced with I can gain 10 influence points. I don't think it has much to do with the opponents influence anymore.. It seems to be just a flat 10 if you win. Of course if you lose (meaning you're presented with 10 if you successfully defeat the defenders but if you do not successfully defeat the defenders and they defeat you) I believe it's more than 10 that you lose.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    This must have been a fun one for 'Victor Gold'. Defeated all 3 of my defenders yet I lost 0 influence.

AndreaJackBauer
    ^ the missing piece of the puzzle is how much influence loss from his log, @docfinzenburg
    It appears that they aren't directly linked, exactly, so that would be cool if you could relay that before it slips off the bottom of the list.
    if anyone knows who ign Victor Gold is I'm curious what they won because even though they defeated all 3 of my defenders I lost 0 influence. I got an 8 hour shield at the cost of 0 influence loss.

jammin
    @GrimGael i already asked him, waiting for reply
    Lol, I just died at @Movado 's place, we can ask him what he got (loss of 10 for me)
    jamminGovernator
    @GrimGael vertico lost 10 influence points as shown in your picture
    GrimGael
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,014
    edited June 2017
    > @Movado said:
    > Well, I guess the short answer is that it's their Outpost and they can set it up as they deem fit. If attackers feel raw about it, then punish the defenders (if you can). Otherwise, there's really no negotiating leverage for the attacker if they cannot successfully complete it, right? (although there's admittedly a valid argument to be made that blocking-TG's is pointless, objectively speaking).
    >
    > I would just disagree with your one comment stating that "most people are playing nice." No. No, they do not. I previously ran a social-experiment making TG's accessible and using low-level defenders. The majority slaughtered them anyways. I did this throughout different Cycle-tiers for weeks to observe differing demographics. Same shit. (I intentionally didn't do experiment with buffed defenders out of the way, as that wouldn't truly gauge the Outpost nature of raiders).
    >
    > You see, the harsh truth about Outposts is that people are only as good as the situational environment allows them to be. For many players, grabbing TG's and fleeing is not done out of some honorable mindset; it is self-serving to avoid hospital time. But I observed that if/when attackers can kill with ease, they tend to do it anyways even if unnecessary. (There was literally only 3 or 4 players that didn't take the bait and kill. For those few, as I stated before, you are truly your brothers' keeper).
    >
    > Thus, I have no faith in the outpost community.
    >
    > For this reason, above all else, I resumed blocking TG's with my crew. If my defenders are naughty, then go ahead and spank them. If you can.
    >
    > Happy hunting, and stay safe out there, survivor!

I raided Movado's outpost yesterday...

I typically only go for trade goods, still need some level 21 gears, esp assault rifles.

I'm pretty sure I just fled Movado. Like a few 9 star survivors blocking the trade goods? Sound about right?

((Figured I'd try and get the goods, since All three survivors were grouped easy target for assault, but all three avoided the stun and took about 3% damage... I was like, NOPE))
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    GrimGaelCaptainslayerjamminpkerr116
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 969
    @BiggyGuyinTWD Yep, saw him yesterday, defeated his walkers, saw his TG-blocking set-up, and fled. Got the XP, didn't bother for TG. Booo @Movado
    jammin
  • jamminjammin Member Posts: 55
    There are a few legends like @Movado in the 5000s, but mostly raids have been easier once I crossed from high 4000's to low 5000's. Anybody else notice that?
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 638
    jammin said:

There are a few legends like @Movado in the 5000s, but mostly raids have been easier once I crossed from high 4000's to low 5000's. Anybody else notice that?

I'm getting close to crossing the 5000 threshold. Not because I care about IP, but because TG Blockers have forced my hand over time. @jammin I hope you're right about this.
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,690
    I was able to defeat someone named Carly who had all 9 star survivors like Movado. Her setup was easier but it was a rough go.

If I see movado blocking tg, I am going to go for it. Sorry buddy ;)
    Governator
13»