Legendary Equipment. Where? How?

@Teeceezy and NG team:

Please help me (and probably some others) to understand how the legendary equipment rewards work. I am asking as I really need some proper (notice that I do not aim for perfect) equipment and I do not know where to look for it. Of course, I mean level appropriate (21) legendary gear.
As far as I know, we should receive equipment from following sources: Challenge reward crates, mission (mainly equipment scavenge) crates, TG shop, real money shop.

BUT....

- For the past 10 weeks (since release of 2.5) I only received 4 legendary lvl 21 equipment form the ten challenges, out of which 1 was from a deluxe crate and none were worthy of an upgrade (because of bad trait mix).
- For the past 10 weeks, other than challenges, I only played hard (RSL 23) equipment scavenge missions. As an approximate calculation I played roughly around 1075 missions in the 10 weeks. As a result I had around 20 legendary lvl 21 equipment drops, out of which 2 equipment was worth upgrading and using. Perhaps the most annoying (and unfortunately constant) part is that I usually pay the 25 gold to get that elusive gold crate only to find a lvl 20 green piece of .... equipment.
- For the past 10 weeks, I spent about 300k TG in the store, to acquire lvl 21 legendary equipment. These purchases yielded around 25 pieces of equipment out of which 3 was worth upgrading. (Almost all gear I got had bullet dodge trait on it...)
- No hard feelings, but I am not going to purchase any more equipment for real money, just to look at it with sadness after next council update.

Ok. So as a short summary, in the past 10 weeks, with a decent effort I manged to pull together ~50 pieces of lvl 21 legendary equipment, out of which 5 pieces were actually worth of using. Personally, I find it quite disappointing, as I am unable to make any progress due to lack of proper equipment.

So, my question to you is: What am I doing wrong? What do I have to do, to get more level appropriate equipment? Is this simply a long and constant strain of bad luck, or is this exactly how the game was planned? What is the designed source of level appropriate legendary gear that you guys planned for us?

Please help me understand, so I can concentrate on the appropriate form of acquiring the much needed gear.

Thanks!
pkerr116

Comments

• KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    edited May 2017
    @Invader nice weapon... i also got the same one and i attached the lvl 24 version of below

The opinions of the traits can be mixed and some may prefer having at least the silver wide cone to make it much flexible in many types of maps.

However for some maps and if you want to build a strong high offensive assault for high level playing then that weapon is great to bring in battle to try and pull out the largest damage output.

@Speeds legendary equipment is out there and saving up for the 12.5k or legend crate are the easiest way to get it.

Good luck and I'm sure the next great find is right around the corner!
    InvaderDavid_H79GovernatorJaden
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    KaLi said:

The opinions of the traits can be mixed and some may prefer having at least the silver wide cone to make it much flexible in many types of maps.

However for some maps and if you want to build a strong high offensive assault for high level playing then that weapon is great to bring in battle to try and pull out the largest damage output.

Well gold wide cone on top would be the hit, but we can´t get everything :)

And yes...I hope for a high damage on this one...
  • GuapoGuapo Member Posts: 980
    7500 crates if buildings are up to level gives the best chance of good gear.
    In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
    JadenSlowMopkerr116
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,043
    It is all luck and a gamble. The more you play the better the odds. These are a few items I picked up this past month along with some of my gear I have developed. Some I did buy from bundles too.
    Luck of the draw. Just this week.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,171
    Sometimes those 25 gold unlocks are worth it!
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    BiggsDarkLighter