I was a blocker but i will be blocker

13»

Comments

• capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,785
    Uhm... @Gebobs only 10%? I bet 50% or more. Only today i've found 6 blockers in a row... :/
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 741
    ADPaq said:

Now I've reverted to taking a heavy hitting team that can take out blockers if need be, unfortunately there are some people who make TG easily accessible by a scout, but not other classes. As such, in this scenario, I end up having to attack their defenders to ensure I don't take any damage in going for the TG.

I suspect these people probably think I'm an arsehole for attacking them.

Those people might think you're an arsehole, but I don't. Makes perfect sense. In my opinion if you want to make your TG's free, do it in a way that any class can get to them not just a Scout. Most people want to bring their Killers on raids in case they encounter a blocker like @ADPaq does. Movado also does this. Making someone bring a Scout to get TG's is goofy. You may have a monster Scout that you can kill anyone with but not everyone does. Most would rather bring a Shooter to the party when going up against non-Zed opponents.

SCBMAkjmia421capibara
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 499
    > @vshield50 said:
    > I personally do leave my tg available for the talking with a strong crew on standby in case someone gets any cute ideas. Found the best setup for me and I have not lost influence in quite a while (unless I pull my people for challenges)
    >
    > I usually don't fight unless I have to because I am looking for TG right now for tokens. I will and do attack any outpost that purposely blocks tg. I do so because I take it as them asking for a fight so that ends up being my opportunity to gain influence and take tg.
    >
    > Either way you are going to have rogues but be prepared to loose influence if I come across your outpost and you are blocking tg... Except for @Movado ;)
    >
    >

I didn't expect to see racism in this game. Come on @vshield50 , everyone deserves a fair shot; especially Movado.

Get his shield up so that he won't appear on my searches ;)
    SCBMAJadenDavid_H79gespuer
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    edited June 2017
    Since I reached the 5k tier I raid influence for about 100-150 till the end of that cycle.
    Only raid opponents which are raidable easily. If I open an OP with badass defenders blocking the crate I just flee with a draw. In those fights I rather lose 2 gas instaed of influence (20 and more) and take the approx. 12-15k XP. I'll not pass over the hard earned influence to those players. I belive in collecting influence activly not passivly.
    To break it down: Everybody is allowed to play on his/her own way! (Gandhi is calling).

EDIT: typo
    Kill'em all & JustSurviveSomehow
    Member & founder of #nocarlclub
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

David_H79
  • FeloniousSpunkFeloniousSpunk Member Posts: 76
    > @vabuda1 said:
    > @vabuda1 after conquering the flag the flee button changes to end button.
    > There you can end the raid as draw without any loses.
    >
    > Ah HAAAA!!! Thank you because I'm sure I'm one of those a**holes that didn't realize, and killed people's defenders not knowing...and how should I set my outpost defenders up..should I put them on defensive, offensive, or neutral?

You should do whatever you want. I hate that this forum tries to dictate how other people play this game. "You're a jerk/idiot if you don't let me have free trade goods" lol grow up everyone.
    Human3001GrimGaelJaden
  • GebobsGebobs Member Posts: 428
    edited June 2017
    capibara said:

Uhm... @Gebobs only 10%? I bet 50% or more. Only today i've found 6 blockers in a row... :/

You see that consistently? Of my last 20 attacks, only two were blocked/too far. I sure hope my anecdotal evidence is more representative than yours. I don't think I have ever seen more than three in a row.

Sometimes I'm able to get to some blocked/too far by moving my scout in behind a fence and grabbing on my next turn. Of course, I can only get away unscathed if the one that opens the gate is out of overwatch range.
    capibara
  • afroponixafroponix Member Posts: 503
    GrimGael said:

Lol @afroponix looking for a point to all this?

I gues my point is that i do what I want in outpost when I want...in a game that has really no real endgame point lol
    Guts & Glory, not always in that order.
    GrimGael
  • GebobsGebobs Member Posts: 428
    Libertarians suck. ;-)
    GrimGaelJaden
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    I was on a killing spree today.
    Killed all those Level 20 defenders with my 21 teams.
    Not much hospital time at all.

>:)

Squall_NMLGrimGaelJaden
  • kiwinz7kiwinz7 Member Posts: 888
    What I find annoying besides losing connection & the raid resolves itself where you lose heaps of influence from no fault of your own. Is even when you offer free TG, they still want to kill you for your influence.

As soon as I am over 5k TG, I earn a bit more to maintain it, otherwise just raid for the TG. I once went over 6k TG, allot in hospital & i hated when I was killed. I lost over 20 something influence.
    Ranked #1 in Australia for Weekly Challenges

Ranked in the Top 30 Globally for Weekly Challenge

TWD NML Guild Council Member

Recruiter & Legacy Eh Leader a Top 5 Global Guild

Former Leader of Vault112 Top 20 Global Guild & it's 4 Guilds (Vault112, Vault112B, Vault112C & Vault112D) is now a part of the Eh family

Rise Up & Join the EH Family [email protected]
  • sicariussicarius Member Posts: 57
    If a player is trying to move up a tier and needs to gain prestige, the only way to do so is to go after the defenders. (personally, I'm @ 4200ish and not spending the time or effort to move up, but I know many others are)
    It's not realistic to expect someone to spend TG to start the outpost mission, then play the until they see how defenders are positioned before deciding to attack or not.
    In this example, how should someone proceed? Especially since the easier defenders allow the attacker to get the influence they're after without having to hospitalize their player? You can't possibly expect these players to only attack defenders that are stationed as blockers. Moving up a tier already takes forever and a day - this would make it even more ridiculous.
    GrimGael
    @Terminates ..you also are a blocker ot that's another Terminates?

--> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    capibara said:

@Terminates ..you also are a blocker ot that's another Terminates?

@capibara That's an interesting one. There isn't a defender actively "in the lane" of travel. That is a popular map/setup and if memory serves I'm usually able to negotiate it without conflict. Maybe the defender setup is slightly different than what I've come across, but there really is a limited amount of "behind the sandbags" real estate to be had. I'll start paying more attention when I come across that setup in the future.
    capibara
    @tabernac ...yes, but here with my assault team i have no chance to get the trade goods without get hurt. I was playing for trade goods so had to draw... :(
    When i play for trade goods i play a lot of games in a row because i use to hoard 8000 tg to buy those 100 tokens in the shop...i have only scouts and i don't want to end my run after 2000 trade goods...
    When i want to kill everybody i use 3 shooters
    capibara said:

@tabernac ...yes, but here with my assault team i have no chance to get the trade goods without get hurt. I was playing for trade goods so had to draw... :(
    When i play for trade goods i play a lot of games in a row because i use to hoard 8000 tg to buy those 100 tokens in the shop...i have only scouts and i don't want to end my run after 2000 trade goods...
    When i want to kill everybody i use 3 shooters

@capibara Right, I think you made the right call in going for Draw vs. Hospital time. My point is that it seems that a Scout should be able to close that distance and get to the trade goods since there isn't an active blocker. Maybe the kink in the path that the sandbags throw up shaves just enough off your distance. Very sneaky setup.
    capibara
    @Terminates ..i supposed... It was a ver poor setup.

@tabernac yep. The scout stops right before the crate
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator Posts: 1,866
    @tabernac with this setup the Scout can't reach the box.
    It's only in a similar setup possible when the gate is in the middle.
    tabernaccapibaraSCBMAxbamfx