The Rumors of the Demise of the NML Guild Council Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

Comments

• Chopper0080Chopper0080 Member Posts: 3
    I honestly don't care about weapons as much as I care about my characters. As the game changes or as updates happen, you should have an option to change a trait on your survivors (non hero) for 1000 gold. Something that allows for players to adjust the characters they have invested time into rather than forcing them to scrap them. It also helps players grow into the game. You don't have to give up on a character who you have grown with because you didn't know it wasn't a great trait mix.

Gold makes sense because it can be saved or purchased but still is an option for either type of player.
    mik81
  • Chopper0080Chopper0080 Member Posts: 3
    It would also enable players to play test new traits vs not wanting to start over building up a character with a trait you may not like.
  • TheBRADLeyBTheBRADLeyB Member Posts: 82
    Can someone on the guild ask where they get their pricing from. Some of these bundles are at an insane price point considering wages in certain parts of the... market.
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    @TheBRADLeyB They do not discuss pricing :)

O-H!
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    TheLostOnesWeekOne
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,538

I honestly don't care about weapons as much as I care about my characters. As the game changes or as updates happen, you should have an option to change a trait on your survivors (non hero) for 1000 gold. Something that allows for players to adjust the characters they have invested time into rather than forcing them to scrap them. It also helps players grow into the game. You don't have to give up on a character who you have grown with because you didn't know it wasn't a great trait mix.

Gold makes sense because it can be saved or purchased but still is an option for either type of player.

1) don't tell NG a price you are comfortable paying because then it will be slightly higher
    2) 1000 Gold is $10 basically ($7.14 at best rate) to change one trait on one survivor. 5 traits and most of us have 20+ survivors (although we may not use all of them) personally I think 1K gold is too high. If NG wants to market the ability to change traits to all players it would have to be substantially less.
    3) other than that I agree with everything else you've said :)

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    JadenCaptainslayerInspTurbines
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,747
    @TheBRADLeyB

To add onto what @masmith93 said, I think they are also locked into some price points by Google and Apple. I don't completely understand the system for micro transactions, but I think, for example, the app stores tell them "you can't charge $1.61 for transactions. They must end in .99."

There may be additional rules as well, but that doesn't mean a lesser, more affordable, app store acceptable price point can't be chosen.
    TheLostOnesArtisansSlickRickLightfeet
  • sligoemsligoem Member Posts: 330
    edited June 2017
    Pink star survivor token devaluation (as previously mentioned on this forum by others, acknowledged by NG, but still not fixed).

Fix the known issues before introducing another council upgrade (especially one so quick on the heels of the last update).

Reopen the chapter missions for those of us with OCD who closed them (many guild mates have second and third accounts to play them again after being so bored with the relentless monotony of the current maps recycled over and over in various mash-up's). Similarly why not add more outpost map options?
    InspTurbines
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    Does anyone have a list of the council updates [workshop/training grounds] of 2016? It would be nice to have so we can prepare for the next one.

I looked at the version history in the app and it looks like we could have another council update in October but I'm not sure if all council updates impacted the workshop/training grounds last year.

I know a lot of you track things, just not sure who. ;)

If this has been discussed or asked in another thread, my apologies.
    David_H79
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,747
    @WeekOne

A quick search of the announcement forum shows the last two upgrades in March 2017 and October 2016. If I have more time, I'll check back further.
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    Thanks @jester
  • tdiddytdiddy Member Posts: 355
    How bout someone conveys starting rsl isn't the issue wherher it's 14,15, or 16.... The problem arises with bonus rounds starting at 19 for lvl 20, 20 for lvl 21, and 21 for lvl22.......
    Increase starting rsl by one each time we get an update that increases survivor level fine
  • tdiddytdiddy Member Posts: 355
    Bonus rounds should start same rsl for all
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 386
    Along the same lines as council upgrades...is anyone tracking the version and dot level upgrades somewhere? i.e. when did 2.0 come out so we could guess when 3.0 might hit?
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
  • WarlordWarlord Member Posts: 164
    @TheLostOnes

For #4 on your list, this is in the update notes:

Level 22 weapons will be available in the TG Shop or Challenge rewards for players of camp level 61 or greater, or for all players when completing missions of difficulty 21 or greater.
    - Rare, Epic, and Legendary Gear Crates will guarantee level 22 equipment for players at camp level 63.

So, if you play a mission with a difficulty of 21 or greater (hard scavenge or the 21 round in the challenge) or your camp reaches 63, no more -1 crap. We still need to see the game perform that way, but at least it is a start if it works as advertised.

It will be interesting to see what level gear we get once we hit 63 and we are playing a mission with a difficulty under 21 if we only get level 22 gear. If we do, that is a huge change in the way gear drops work.
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    @Warlord

I don't think your interpretation is quite accurate.

• JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,490
    @Warlord I think you might be mis-interpreting the update notes. Here's how I am reading them:

At player level 63, epic/legendary gear crates in the TG shop will guarantee base level 22 gear.

At RSL21+, you have a CHANCE of getting base level 22 gear in post-mission rewards. You are not GUARANTEED base level 22 gear, and gear drop levels will still vary by +/- 1 RSL.

Can @Teeceezy confirm?
    David_H79ggbatsWeekOnexbamfx
    @Mabiki Reread it again. Guess I was letting hope that NG would fix that -1 BS drop crap get the best of me.

Still, for the part of getting level 22 when completing missions 21 and higher I hope I am interpreting it correctly and no more -1 for those rewards.

Maybe if they had put "Rare, Epic, and Legendary Gear Crates in the shop will guarantee level 22 equipment for players at camp level 63." it would not have been as open to interpretation.
    @JayZ Unfortunately, I think you are right. What a downer. Getting that -1 crap is like getting kicked in the nuts. Thanks for setting me straight
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    See it didn't take long to punch holes through that.

We need phones plain and simple. Nothing else matters until you give us more phones as you keep increasing heroes. I also remember Shteevie telling us they want us to use more teams besides 2 assaults and a hunter. Many people are getting over 1000 stars by using different combos of heroes and survivors. If you want us to use more teams than 2 assaults and a hunter if you want us to have unique teams that means phones. Don't know what problem this could cause down the road except fewer phone sales by NG.

Time to go stop someone from tweeting.
    InvaderCaptainslayerVudnik
    edited June 2017
    @Invader r @Shut_Up

Serious question, how many phones do you get on average per week, and what would you consider a more acceptable amount?
    Japes87
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    @Shteevie How about implementing a new scavenge mission for radios. Let it be with higher gas costs and a higher RSL, but with a guaranteed quote of radios?

That would be challenging and effortful for players and for NG, because gas boosters would make sense beside the challenges.
    gespuergcheong85
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Mabiki said:

@Invader r @Shut_Up

Serious question, how many phones do you get on average per week, and what would you consider a more acceptable amount?

Around 60-80...most of them during the challenge.

But if you usually just get crappy rare survivors out of your calls or maybe one epic, the tokens are still way to less to progress. If you need 1000 tokens to upgrade just one out of five traits for one survivor out of 25 or more, this is way to less.
    Shut_Up
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited June 2017
    @Mabiki I'm getting less than 5 per 100 missions. That is for the post mission crates.

For wall walkers I'm getting about 2 a day. These 2 numbers used to be closer to 15 a day. I also used to get the 5 radio phones in the TG sho at least every other restock and for a while it was more than that. Now I've gotten 3 radio crates in the last week. The 30 phones crate hasn't been seen since before Christmas.

We got 30 phones from season 7 missions per week for about 30 weeks so I hope the highlights bring us more phones.

What would be acceptable @Mabiki ? The way it was about a month ago so double the wall walker phones and post mission crates and flip the switch on the TG shop phones.

Everyone complains about phones so I hope you aren't trolling.
    InvaderJadenCaptainslayerVudnik
    No trolling. That's why I prefaced that it was a serious question.
    Shut_UpJaden