Pink star upgrade fails, do not upgrade survivors until the bug were fixed

淡水地鼠淡水地鼠 Member Posts: 278
Is the calculation right!?

5%? Seem like less than 5%

Comments

• 淡水地鼠淡水地鼠 Member Posts: 278
    > @David_H79 said:
    > @淡水地鼠
    > http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/26593/question-about-damage-calculations#latest
    > See this awesome calculation provided by @[email protected]

Thx, this proves the upgrade is truly wrong
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,554
    The 5% ignores the weapon and any traits it may have that boosts damage such as lethal. It always has and was expected.
    But it was discovered that it ignores player traits such as strong for melee and marksman for ranged.

It was also discovered the 5% is based off some other number than the survivors base damage once all types of player boosts subtracted.

It is believed that the 5% that is being calculated is what the survivor at a common level would be.

It was discovered that the 5% was compounded though based off that number. I haven't done the research of every class of survivors but the theorem held true for scouts and hunters which were two I had the ability to research.

Expect 39-44 to be the typical "5%" which when compared to the actual base damage the player has subtracting all boosts to be closer to 3.5%

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    David_H79Shut_UpTheCrab
    > @DLich said:
    > The 5% ignores the weapon and any traits it may have that boosts damage such as lethal. It always has and was expected.
    > But it was discovered that it ignores player traits such as strong for melee and marksman for ranged.
    >
    > It was also discovered the 5% is based off some other number than the survivors base damage once all types of player boosts subtracted.
    >
    > It is believed that the 5% that is being calculated is what the survivor at a common level would be.
    >
    > It was discovered that the 5% was compounded though based off that number. I haven't done the research of every class of survivors but the theorem held true for scouts and hunters which were two I had the ability to research.
    >
    > Expect 39-44 to be the typical "5%" which when compared to the actual base damage the player has subtracting all boosts to be closer to 3.5%

Check this one
    DLich
    @淡水地鼠 the issue I have with calculating your survivor is I had different points of data for lvl 21 survivors so my numbers are slightly off when it comes to the calculations for lvl 20. With that being said I will give it a try...

1087 atk - 30 weapon is base 1057

"X" = added for 1st pink star
    35 added for 2nd pink star
    X + 35 total for pink stars

Since I don't know how much was added for the 1st pink star it is known it will be a number less than 35... Without delving into different number scenarios; Since I know at lvl 21 the number calculated for hunter is 39 for first pink star and 40 for the second I'm just going to call "X" = 34. It could be a range of numbers between 30 and 35 but for purposes of this demonstration I'll err on the "high side" of 34

That would mean pink stars are adding 69 total damage.

1057 - 69 = 988 base survivor damage w/o pink stars

If 988 includes 16% marksman (for lvl 6 trait) that must mean the base atk at lvl 20 legendary would be 852

852 = base
    136 = marksman
    34 added for 1st pink star
    35 added for 2nd pink star
    30 added for weapon

1087 Total

35 compared to 852 base of the survivor is 4.1%

** note. I cannot conclude that since 39 and 40 for pink stars for Lvl 21 is the same for 34 and 35 for pink stars for Lvl 20 and for that reason alone I cannot submit this as a final answer.

35 is the additional attack added from the 2nd star. This means the number range to get 35 is 690 - 709. Since we know how much damage the 2nd star adds we can try and work backwards. Without going into all the details I will say the number the 5% is being calculated from is somewhere near 670 (which is 100 points lower than the hunter I did numbers for in the other thread for lvl 21)

670 + 5% = 670 + 33.5 (rounds to 34) = 704. This shows 34 being added to damage as first star
    704 + 5% = 704 + 35.2 (rounds to 35) = 740. This shows 35 being added to damage as second star (seen in SS)
    Continuing the trend assuming this survivor remains at lvl 20 while their pink stars continue to upgrade
    740 + 5% = 740 + 37 = 777. This shows 37 being added to damage for the third pink star
    777 + 5% = 777 + 38.85 (rounds to 39) = 816. This shows 39 being added to damage for the fourth star
    816 + 5% = 816 + 40.8 (rounds to 41) = 857. This shows 41 being added to damage for the fifth star

What many players are doing AND IS THE LOGICAL THING TO DO is subtracting the weapons damage and seeing how the bonus for the star is compared to what it was before.

1087 total damage - 30 weapons damage is 1057. If it's 1057 after the 2nd star and that star added 35 then it was 1022 before. 35 / 1022 is 3.42%

1412 total health - 26 armor health is 1386. If it's 1386 after the 2nd star and that star added 42 then it was 1344 before. 42 / 1344 is 3.13%

Where NG get's the number it's basing 5% from is unknown. I was able to find the number for lvl 21 survivors but I have no clue why logically they chose that number but @OneLessTitan pointed out that number might be the base damage of a survivor at that lvl if they were common rarity. We all know as we promote our survivors from common to uncommon or uncommon to rare or rare to epic or epic to legendary that there is an added boost to attack and health. It's believed the number it's working from is the attack and health of a survivor that is common (not legendary) and therefore why the 5% may hold true compared to that.

David_H79Maverick1969淡水地鼠docfinzenburg
    edited June 2017
    @vshield50

Before : 2045 attack with silver lethal 968 weapons damage 16% strong
    Upgrade added 33 damage

2045 total attack
    968 is weapons base damage
    97 is added with silver lethal

980 is survivor damage including 1 pink star and 17% strong. Since we know 33 is added with the 2nd pink I'm going to assume 32 was added with the 1st pink (as mentioned above but I don't want to do all the math again).

980 - 32 for 1st pink star = 948

948 still includes 17% strong... which means 810 is base bruiser atk

810 = base bruiser damage
    138 = strong lvl 6 (16% boost from survivors base damage)
    32 added for 1st pink star
    33 added for 2nd pink star
    968 is weapons damage
    97 added for silver lethal (10% boost off weapons damage)

2078 (which was 2nd screen shot)

5% of survivors base 810 is 39 atk
    5% of survivors atk before second star is 980 and would be 49 atk
    ----- (total atk minus weapon and lethal boost)

33 boost being 5% of some number then the range is between 650 (5% = 32.5 rounded to 33) and 669 (5% = 33.45 rounded to 33). Keep in mind this is the 2nd star not the first so the first one is even lower than that..

@DLich is real OG
    David_H79sligoemgespuer