How lenient should i be to guild members?

In my guild i have some great players but some are not even hitting the minimum stars i have asked for,I will kick out inactive members but should I give low scorers another chance,just need some advice,don't want to come across to hard but also I don't want to be a push over.

Comments

• PicPic Member Posts: 824
    Take a guild vote, or 3 x out
    marie1980DLichatrainofficial
  • marie1980marie1980 Member Posts: 136
    Thank you,very helpful, appreciate it.
    Annette578kjmia421
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 449
    I say rule with an iron fist...I mean boot!
    marie1980Captainslayersrmcn1031Governator
  • gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    In addition to all well said already.
    We communicate the weekly minimum in our guild description and inform every new member about it.
    Each member gets the following info additional:

"If real life matter (job, vacation, etc.) will prevent you from gathering the minimum, please write here a pre-info. For not reaching the minimum without pre-info, you'll receive a yellow card (like in soccer), which will be active for 6 weeks. 2nd card or 14 days inactivity will end up in banishment.
    We're pleased to be reinforced by you. Good luck and enjoy it here."

That's working really good.

Cheers
    Kill'em all & JustSurviveSomehow
    Member & founder of #nocarlclub
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

kjmia421
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    If there's a posted minimum and someone applies to join, they are saying that they will make the minimum. That would be strike one there if they don't. What you do from there is up to you, and depends on how you envision the direction you want in the guild.
    WahooDawg
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    Well it could be NG's fault for sucking the fun out of the game and offering little motivation to keep playing since they can't fix bugs and upgrades end up causing you more harm than good so I would be lenient and ask for better communication from members.
    marie1980
  • MediManMediMan Member Posts: 27
    When I joined my guild originally they were pretty lenient but people kept taking advantage of it. Every week there would be several members that wouldn't make the cut. So they changed it to a zero tolerance policy. Now if you have something come up and let people know then its no problem. But if you don't communicate and do not make the minimum required you are kicked immediately at the challenges end.
    marie1980
  • vshield50vshield50 Member Posts: 1,946
    Shoot on sight if they are under 1000 stars. Lol. Communication is key. They communicate and produce when needed, they are good in my book.
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    edited June 2017
    sbf said:

Let's ask Jeffrey Dean Morgan what he would do if someone broke the rules. Do we really want to live in a society where breaking the rules is acceptable?

Or ask John Goodman...

FeloniousSpunk
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 976
    Give em the iron.......negan style
    srmcn1031vshield50
  • AkartikiAkartiki Member Posts: 143
    What @DLich said.

Remember, many players are frustrated now, and may not want to play as much. What you do with that is your call.

"Dasein always understands itself in terms of its existence--in terms of a possibility of itself: to be itself or not itself." Heidegger
    Trae
  • TraeTrae Member Posts: 439
    Well if you want to boot players go right ahead. More thrown out to wander alone in no man's land means more looking for guilds which means more players for the rest of us lol
    Looking for a guild that’s Fun and Drama Free?
    Come to our Den & Find your Zen ☮️
    To discuss which Den is best for you, please
    message me, comment below, request into one of our guilds
    or Email us [email protected]
    ❣️ To Make Our Home Your Home ❣️
  • FeloniousSpunkFeloniousSpunk Member Posts: 76
    > @Mabiki said:
    > Let's ask Jeffrey Dean Morgan what he would do if someone broke the rules. Do we really want to live in a society where breaking the rules is acceptable?
    >
    > Or ask John Goodman...

I didn't watch my buddies die face down in the muck so this strumpet could ignore his star quota!!
  • buchizombiebreathbuchizombiebreath Member Posts: 1,131
    you can see if the player is active or not, so i dont see a problem in this! every serius player will tell you when he is busy in RL, when he isnt active in chat and in game then kick, nobody wants surfer in his guild!
    when he was always active and maybe.lost his phone you will automaticly wait one or two weeks before you kick him cause a guild is like a family with daily contact with my friends!
    Avengersgespuersrmcn1031
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,188
    Better to have low scoring guild members than no guild members. It's such a pain in the ass to recruit, so unless your guild is completely full and you can afford to kick 1-2 people out to recruit higher scorers, I would err on the side of being chill about it.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    Governator