Has the last update caused your spending habits in this game to change?

nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 242
There's a lot that Next Games can tell about our spending in this game rather quickly. However, it will take longer for them to determine if the recent updates have caused long-term changes in player spending. I have heard from quite a few players that the latest updates have caused them to rethink their spending habits in this game. Please give Next Games your feedback here about how the latest updates will affect your spending in the game - more spending, less spending, or no change.

Has the last update caused your spending habits in this game to change? 57 votes

I used to spend money in this game, but now I will spend none
28%
8900rpmnadecirDangerTripodReeconnDodkongPicSlowMoVileManiacFlintstoneRikochetSlayerTwdFeloniousSpunkADPaqMFJigsawWickedWendy 16 votes
I will continue to spend money in this game, but I will spend less
43%
PutchucoGeneral_PainatrainofficialTheLostOnessligoemJayZTroublemakerCaptainslayerGladibladgierBraynerZThe_JerTXbossMonsutasrmcn1031biter370bababooeyzivaoliviapradixbamfx 25 votes
My spending in this game will remain the same
22%
JerryDixonTheCrabDLichiozzeggespuerBigBaldEdRedEye52jpsdarthvictortheldssdlAvengersHuman3001holo 13 votes
I will spend even more now in this game
1%
JackBauer 1 vote
I have quit this game
3%
Japes87gcheong85 2 votes
gespuerJapes87

Comments

• MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    I will only spend on farming radio phone event
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    InvaderMFJigsaw
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,239
    Less spending. I have previously bought gas boosters and some of the radio/gold bundles to try to speed up my progress, but what's the point in doing so when the finish line is always moving? I've only ever gotten one weapon bundle, and will certainly never do that again. Now I just play at a casual pace and accept the grind.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    FlintstoneMFJigsaw
  • LoopyloogrrrLoopyloogrrr Member Posts: 24
    I brought gold to hammer this week's challenge event and got to 4 lvls above my RSL using 1000 gold. But Im not spending no more. I'll wait for the gas and survivers to heal its just too much money to spend on virtual things.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    I chose "My spending in this game will remain the same"

BUT....

I only buy gas 3-4 times a month. I never buy gold. I never buy bundles. I never buy anything other than gas because I do enjoy this game and like getting stars for my guild on the one day of the week I have off (saturday morning).

So even though I'm not "spending less" the amount I spend is nominal to begin with.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Pic
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,399
    edited June 2017
    As much as I would like to not spend again, I know if I don't have much time for the challenge one week I'll buy a booster and probably the same when they run a increased phone drop. But hell NO for their bundles.

Edit I should mention this decision come many updates ago, every update since including this update just helps me to compress those feelings to spend
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
  • TXbossTXboss Member Posts: 36
    In a moment of weakness I bought the tough hunter bundle after update 2.5. The crossbow is obsolete less than 2 months later, so I won't buy another weapon until they either take the upgrade cap off, or drop prices significantly. I won't buy bundles which fill up tomatoes because I know when I reach the end again (I'm lvl 61) there's nothing to spend them on. But I will still buy the odd booster.
    gespuer
  • biter370biter370 Member Posts: 124
    I will not buy any weapons, I may purchase a gas booster every now and then.
    NG has ruined my weapons purchase forever.
    gespuerDodkongCapleton
  • RedEye52RedEye52 Member Posts: 182
    I've never spent a dime on this game, mostly because I'm broke, lol. In the past I would've considered spending a little here or there. But the last couple updates have solidified my position to never spend anything here.
    gespuer
  • atrainofficialatrainofficial Member Posts: 255
    edited June 2017
    biter370 said:

I will not buy any weapons, I may purchase a gas booster every now and then.

NG has ruined my weapons purchase forever.

Exactly. I hadn't even finished upgrading all the weapons i had purchased from bundles before the new update was released. That sank my stomach but it was the epiphany my Apple Wallet had been praying for. We can't be expected to keep purchasing weapons if we feel like we didn't even get any use out of them. and i would buy weapon bundles like i'd buy fast food. two updates ago and prior we would get a few months before a new council update so we could at least feel like we got some use out of our weapons. this last update just happened to soon.

i'm not against buying boosters or the special bundles we've been getting that include radios, some tokens, and Trade Goods. Those are generally pretty decent deals. But Weapons? Only Morgan's Staff and Kingdom Spear are truly special and considering the Outposts are pretty stagnant, don't really see a reason to purchase updated versions of those, as that's where they get the most use. A hard pass on all other weapons tho for sure.
  • The_JerThe_Jer Member Posts: 291
    I am in the same boat as many others - was purchasing gas booster(s) every week and purchased several weapons after 2.5 expecting to get a lot of use out of them before needing to upgrade, but then 2.6 happened. It looks like I will get a lot of use out of them anyway as I will no longer push to get to the next level. No more boosters - don't need the XP for a couple of months as I have all toons at 21 and half are equipped with fully leveled gear. Now it's just use my tank of gas for 5-6 missions, then wait 5 hrs for it to fill back up. I found that I have more time for other stuff now!
    atrainofficialDodkong
  • AvengersAvengers Member Posts: 674
    edited June 2017
    Should have made another option: "I don't spend money and will continue to not spend at all" or something along those lines. That option would have been a better fit for the ftp players who have always spent $0.
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected] or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    OneVoiceatrainofficialdocfinzenburggcheong85gespuer
  • atrainofficialatrainofficial Member Posts: 255
    edited June 2017
    Avengers said:

Should have made another option: "I don't spend money and will continue to not spend at all" or something along those lines. That option would have been a better fit for the ftp players who have always spent $0.

This poll seems directed towards people that already invest money into the game and to see if this update made an impact on their spending. FTP don't spend money on the game so...

Captainslayer1Ris
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 878
    @DLich If you only had off on Sunday Morning... It would be perfection.

gespuer
  • PicPic Member Posts: 852
    I used to spend money in this game, but now I will spend none
    My spending has changed because the 21-22 update was quick and made my weapons obsolete.
    Dodkonggespuer
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,060
    I don't spend any
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, tWo MiLlIoN star guild
  • TWDSkutterTWDSkutter Member Posts: 160
    No longer prepared to hire weapons if obsolescence is this short - you are charging half to the full price of a PS4 game for weapons that have a sell by date of the next survivor level increase. Even gas boost feels like a con as the cost of everything has just gone up with the lvl increase
    This space for rent

["Retribution" guild ... email [email protected] for info]
    Tripod
  • darthvictordarthvictor Member Posts: 164
    My spending habits will remain the same. I'll admit I've got addiction issues and yes buying weapon packs and "cool" bundles makes me happy so yeah I'll continue to drop cash on this game. It's a great mobile game that I play as much as I play my PS4 pro...it is disappointing though that the hero weapons become ineffective quickly...
    gcheong85