Penalized for Upgrading

Being PENALIZED for upgrading my survivors is probably "working as intended", since support team clearly does not understand what's going on with star production of veteran and end-game players, as we all know lower levels repeat earlier and get much more stars.

Here's what NG had to answer me:

Let me frame this on the wall for a while:

"If you have a team of level 22 survivors, then the difficulty of the challenges will be the same as for a level 21 survivors".

What is the mathematics being applied here? 1 kg of feather weights MORE than 1 kg of iron?

I feel so disrespected... By the choices, by the answers... My faith in humanity lower with these things. Honestly.
Gladicapibaravshield50gespuerromeoSlickRickPicVudnikred182EL34xyz

Comments

• TripodTripod Member Posts: 130
    21 and 22 start at the same rsl of 15, unfortunately you don't start repeating maps until rsl 21. Lvl 21 survivors team starts repeatable maps at lvl 20. So I believe you are missing 33 stars that a lvl 21 team gets to make.
    StaceyElizabethZeena
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,456
    edited June 2017

21 and 22 start at the same rsl of 15, unfortunately you don't start repeating maps until rsl 21. Lvl 21 survivors team starts repeatable maps at lvl 20. So I believe you are missing 33 stars that a lvl 21 team gets to make.

Thanks for the explanation but all end game players know that.

The point is asking NG about how they conclude this is the best thing to do since it does not make any sense at all.
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,456
    Gladi said:

@rfg1982 Not going to defend NG here, but I would guess that ppl on this forum already realized, how increasing survs lvl work. Sry for your dissapointment mate, but if you missed this issue on previous survs upgrade, you really was not reading this forum.
    Not defending their way of answering, it is poor indeed, at least ommiting you need upgraded lvl22(to lvl25) gear and that you will miss 2 rounds of RSL20. On the other side, all players are in same boat with this. Lowbies also get their starting/repeating RSL increased, as well as mid players and veterans.

Sure. Thanks for engaging.

I didn't miss anything. I chose to upgrade anyway. Point here is understanding how NG thinks this is the best choice for the game as it contradicts logic ("if you upgrade you get punished").
    Shut_UpromeoDeadBeat
  • David_H79David_H79 Member Posts: 1,866
    I have upgraded more than two survivors to level 22 too.
    I'm in the same boat. After this challenge I realized it would have been cleverer to upgrade only two until you have enough level 22 gear farmed. :#
    You get those stars, if you have all the gear you need found and upgraded.
    The problem for me here is to find equivalent gear, that is comparable to the base level 21 stuff I already use.
    Troublemakergespueratrainofficialsicarius
  • WhispererWhisperer Member Posts: 103
    Is it just me or stayin with lvl 20 survivors is the best option..?
    srmcn1031romeoPicAvengers
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Maxed-level players:
    "New players shouldn't get free Negan tokens that I don't get. It's not FAIR! It should be same for everyone!"

Maxed-level players, again:
    "My challenge advancement shouldn't follow the same rules as everybody else. I should start at same RSL as people a level below me and get all the same repeats so i get a distinct advantage, even though advancing through every other survivor level follows the old rules equally. It's not FAIR!"
    SlickRickTroublemakerromeovshield50LightfeetKyrusJapes87tdiddyRealClareBCaptainslayerArtisansVudnikRedEye52DeadBeatJeemPed
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,421
    Not sure if that's supposed to be directed at me, @Mabiki but for the record, neither of those statements reflects by feelings one either topic.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

TroublemakertdiddyArtisansDeadBeat
    SlickRick said:

Maxed level players:
    "Just be fair and try to be transparent with us and not continually screw us over"

Maxed level players:
    "Who gives a flying fuddruckers about Negan tokens"

Mabiki:
    "Sorry my nose is so far up NG's ass I can smell the corn they ate for dinner last night"

SlickRick: I can't handle general criticism of player double standards so reply like an obnoxious child."

Dude, you're a poopyhead @SlickRick

@Bill_ZRT it's a general statement on the BS some people here love. It's fine to say (not that you did) maxed players should get more. It's dumb to couch it as fairness.
    LightfeetSlickRickAval0nNCDawgFanSpringChickenJapes87GuapotdiddyShut_UpPicCaptainslayerArtisansVudnikRedEye52DeadBeat
  • antant Member Posts: 547
    Whisperer said:

Is it just me or stayin with lvl 20 survivors is the best option..?

I believe the new sweet spot is to have 1 level 22 and the remaining at level 20, until you get enough gear to warrant the upgrade to 21s. Then I would roll with 2 lvl 20s and the rest at 21.

Click here to join the BlackjacknBeef/Asylum Family.

Click here to see my youtube strategy videos.
    romeoSpringChicken
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    edited June 2017
    Troublemakervshield50capibaraJackBauer
    @rfg1982
    I'm quite sure I get it, i just hold a minority opinion. That is apparently equivalent to being an NG brown-noser to some infantile minds (not directed at you) incapable of disagreement without insult, let alone dialogue. But I will relent. I'm sure I have my weekly disagree quota after today.